Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

CVs Enough with Shyam abusing Khushi

arnavsbest Groupbie
arnavsbest
arnavsbest

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged

I don't think I can stand it anymore.
In this post I am only addressing the abuse that Khushi is experiencing from Shyam.

It is totally unacceptable, but more importantly it is sending such a wrong message to young viewers.

What is shown is an older guy, now an older relative lusting after this beautiful and innocent 18 year old.

Statistics show that most abuse happens at home and from a close relative or person who is usually older, more stronger.

And what is Khushi's response. She bears it all. Not once does she even try to scream or slap. She is just trying to hush this whole thing hoping it will go away. And it never does. Keeping quiet sends the wrong message to the abuser. He takes it as a form of encouragement and endorsement of his advances.  He even thinks that the person is enjoying his advances.  

And we find in this show that this is exactly what is happening.  Because KHushi is keeping quiet, Shyam's distorted mind is thinking that his feelings are being reciprocated.

One of the first things that addresses this vicious cycle of abuse is telling someone else, a third party. This has two main advantages : Firstly it gives the victim support, and some form of relief. Secondly it send warning bells and danger signs to the abuser that his dirty work could be caught very soon and he could be taken to task.

Now Khushi can talk to Payal about it. Even if she does not want to talk to Arnav or anyone else in that house Payal is there and she knows Shyam problem very well. By doing this she would reduce Shyam's power over her and also together they could gang up and attack him.

But keeping quiet is one of the most dangerous things to do in an abusive situation.

I am sorry but CVs you are doing so much wrong. The wrong message that you are sending out to all the young viewers is that a victim has no option but to keep quiet and keep everything to themselves. Also to fight everything on their own.

In an abusive situation you cannot fight it on your own. You need help and support.

So Please CV and even Starplus where is your Nayi Soch.
Don't you care that you are being a wrong influence on your many young viewers.

Do something and do it soon.

(By the way Anjali is doing what many wives do. Even if they suspect they pretend they cannot see as they don't want to lose their husbands)

I have not experienced abuse but I have seen people who have been abused and it scars them for the rest of their lives.
It should not be taken lightly

Pls comment as I wonder how many people agree with me

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

pcvarmaLorealrempyCasablanca12mitalidparvignrobbieREEmerry777supermom1arnavcoolRajPreet_PreetoThreeDsminottiAva9339smelling_saltsMicha1005Shopnilachandarani1Suchita2012call4angela.1.1.1.1roldcBestesysegadarshiipkkndluvlaapsamin6sriraoarchie_79SanzBarbieshena07-anoshka-OmNaMaSteOmKalyaaniHifah

call4angela Senior Member
call4angela
call4angela

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
I totally agree the views. I understand that that scene was shown to create drama, and indeed it has but they need to put a positive spin on it. 

I would be dissapointed if Khushi doesnt retaliate and keeps quite!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

arnavcool

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged

I am so glad you mentioned this it's high time people realize that it is unacceptable to treat someone like the way Khushi is treated in this serial. This applies to both ASR and SMJ, they have no right to behave the way they do, one thinks he is in love so he can do whatever and the other thinks he has every right no questions asked as he is ASR. Also agree with you on the Khushi angle, she should not take things lying down, she should give it back.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nicsharnavcoolSanzBarbie

lovelyreemu Newbie
lovelyreemu
lovelyreemu

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
I agree with u .From d few days after the serial commenced till date,Cv's are showing different ways of  abusing khushi,I feel Pity on Khushi's character.Eventhough she is bubbly and caring,she has some feelings,values and self-respect which to be taken into consideration. They are dragging the story so much sometimes I 'm getting irritated.I can't withdraw from watching the show,becoz I'm addicted to it.
Hence, its title should be "Iss Life Ko Kya Naam doon?

Sorry if it hurts any viewers.

arnavcool

saddafmahmood Goldie
saddafmahmood
saddafmahmood

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:14pm | IP Logged

I love this show ,this is the only one i watch but this new twist which started from the wedding day is a killer and now they r dragging it like hell Cry
    Today was a disgusting episode and a stupid story line taken by the CV's ...they r spoiling the magic  and the character of khushi , no wonder the TRP is going down n down ... if they stay on this track this show will hardly be able to complete one year ..Angry
      The CV'S  should  solve this MU very quickly before IPKKND losses all its viewersCry 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lovelyreemuarnavcool

MadzHhh Goldie
MadzHhh
MadzHhh

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Yeh im sick of shyam even touchin her Angry

lovelyreemu

rani-lucki IF-Sizzlerz
rani-lucki
rani-lucki

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
i think this will happen a few more times in the comming weeks ---don't wori the CV's must hav something in plan
shyam is the villian so he is gonna do bad things, thats the only way the show will work if their is a bad guy

just relax and enjoy the ride  :-)

lalsunvid

merry777 Groupbie
merry777
merry777

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
i agree.i was also thinking the same.its high time cvs do something.

Go to top