India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

Standing Ovation to Gurmeet and Kratika

DMKJ_VB IF-Rockerz
DMKJ_VB
DMKJ_VB

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged

I know we all have loved the wedding special episodes. The wedding lived up to its expectation.
It was promoted as the greatest wedding of the year and it indeed was.

Now, as the title of my post suggests, i want to dedicate this to the wonderful lead actors of our beloved show- Gurmeet and Kratika.
First, let me talk about Kratika in the the first wedding special episode. Though I had certain issues with the episode ( editing and flow),it was Kratika who kept me glued to the tv with her terrific performance. She was outstanding in portraying Aarti's shock and feeling of betrayal after knowing the truth, her determination to inform Yash about it, her anger when Dubey
disconnects the line, her helplessness, immense grief when he asks her to replay his"karz". Kratika was beyond amazing.Bravo Kratika.U deserve all the applauds. I heard kunal khemu's mom is ur fan...its great. When i started watchingthis show, i liked Kratika, but i wasn't her fan, i can say that i have become one now.

Now,coming to the second wedding spl episode, i felt it was a superbly directed, well edited one. This episode made me forget the technical glitches of the first one.The best part was the wedding ceremony. It was such a detailed ceremony but not for one moment did i feel bored.. thanks to some stupendous acting by both Gurmeet and Kratika, especially gurmeet. Kratika was perfect again in all her expressions. aarti's sadness, her helplessness at the lie she was forced to live, her expressions after finally getting remarried-  everything was flawless.But for me, this episode belonged to Gurmeet. When it comes to subtle acting, no one can beat him, and he proved ityet again. Gurmeet was at his subtlest best yesterday. Right from the moment Yash closes his eyes to pay homage to Arpitato the scene where he ties the Mangalsutra around Aarti's neck-My God- Gurmeet was better than the best! ( sorry, i hv run out of adjectives).His job was a more difficult one, because Yash's grief had to be expressed very subtly and Gurmeet excelled there.His portrayal of Yash's immense but controlled grief, the feeling of " I hv agreed
to marry, so let me not make any fuss"(an almost clinical approach), interspersed with those moments where his pain becomes so overwhelming that he is unable to maintain that almost straight face( during the Sindoor scene), and the helpless "main vachan deta hoon"- i am truly in awe of his performance.The way he kept a straight face and let his eyes portraythe inner grief of Yash, his helplessness was truly outstanding.And then the moment he was supposed to put the
Sindoor and tie the Mangalsutra, the forced calm of this man gave way to that profound pain he always carries in his heart-Gurmeet...Take a BOW ...I seriously think yesterday was his best performance in Punar Vivah till date.
No wonder the yesterday's epi was very well directed,but had it not been for Gurmeet and Kratika's , esp Gurmeet's out of the world acting, the detailed wedding ceremony might hv become monotonous.

Lastly, i loved Rashmi's performance yesterday.she is another person who is so good with her expressions!Loved it.Mouli was looking gorgeous. Maansi was good too.but frankly, some of her expressions seemes a trifle cheesy to me.

Please do give ur opinions on what i said...please write a few sentences about the acting...that way the forum activity will also increase.

Edited by DMKJ_VB - 04 April 2012 at 9:05am

The following 37 member(s) liked the above post:

alishashacoffeeBeansvkaluJanakiSatishPd2012shubhi_sarcoirispal_2010svijaya77maaneetfanaticVersatileStarbhakti2aditibdStrawbella123mitulstefanandrebbbccc-enchanted-kriti07GCrckZetteriMadzharshithaaaaaaaaanyakunatShellJAjayshu17MunaMeet22gshow2011TheUniqueVeni-Vidi-Vici-ProudGCian-ReallyCooljasraj123yipeeBatameezDilgafulu14..RamKiJanaki..

-ProudGCian- IF-Sizzlerz
-ProudGCian-
-ProudGCian-

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
superb analysis Ria sis...Clap
u took my all words...Wink
well... KS did an excellent job in portraying her inner turmoils regarding divorce truth...Clap
and wat to say about our hero GC...he did his best by showing his pain on his wonderful pair of eyes...ClapClapClap
overall a well directed and executed epi...Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-enchanted-kriti07DMKJ_VB

suju19 Senior Member
suju19
suju19

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged
I agree with every word of yours. Both of them full justice to their role. FANTASTIC...No words . Sorry guys. They were really to good. GC as always THE BEST>WHAT CAN WE SAY ABOUT HIM.

Edited by suju19 - 04 April 2012 at 9:37am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DMKJ_VB

aanyakunat IF-Rockerz
aanyakunat
aanyakunat

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:50am | IP Logged
wonderful analysis... and i agree with everything u said... the first wedding episode belonged to kratika... what a talented actress she is! if not for her that episode would have fallen flat for me... yesterday's wedding episode was a masterpiece in terms of acting, execution, the costumes, the set... everything was amazing... gurmeet was truly brilliant... i'm always amazed at the subtle manner he's able to convey his emotions on screen... both kratika and gurmeet are individually such talented actors, but together they bring in something really special to this show... i want to applaud the mittals for their perfect casting... not only of the leads but for every character on the show...
i also enjoyed the dance performances yesterday unlike monday's where i was cringing at the bad execution and choreography... but yesterday's was enjoyable especially rashmi desai...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vkaluDMKJ_VB-ProudGCian-VEENAGOPAL

123mitul IF-Dazzler
123mitul
123mitul

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
great analysisClap ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.Clap ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page....agree with you...gurmeet & kratika are tailor-made for their roles...both are great at expressing emotions...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

alishashaDMKJ_VB

gafulu14 IF-Stunnerz
gafulu14
gafulu14

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged
superb analysis 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DMKJ_VB

LuvStrk-001 IF-Dazzler
LuvStrk-001
LuvStrk-001

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Great analysis dear!!!
Agreed with ur take on Gurmeet and Kratika!!! Tongue
Lovely post dear!!!Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

alishashaDMKJ_VB-ProudGCian-

VEENAGOPAL IF-Stunnerz
VEENAGOPAL
VEENAGOPAL

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Hey Ria very well said...KS stole the First wedding Episode and GURU the second...vice versa both displayed very good in the first and second...

Standing Ovation for GURU and KS...First Episode just rocked becauase of KS terrific acting otherwise those special performance are not upto mark except Manav and ArchanaSmile...But Yesterday CVS just made a wonderful and amazing weddinggg

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DMKJ_VB-ProudGCian-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index