Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shobhaa De: Spare a thought for Sridevi - Page 2

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: ana1

Maddy do you think the divorce didn't go through on purpose?

I don't know Ana...I am thinking Boney may have feared a hefty alimony and that could be the reason for delaying the divorce process... and maybe Mona too did not push too hard for the process. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Having an affair with a married person is unethical and has its repercussions. You break up a family and complicate many relationships, so people always judge you for it. However, I think our society needs to get over this mentality where we blindly hate the other woman/man, hold grudges for eternity and always paint them as the evil one.

Relationships are not always black and white. Infidelity does not necessarily mean people are unethical or bad. Sometimes marriages do fall apart for various reasons, sometimes people get drawn to people outside marriage, life and human emotions take unexpected turns. Sometimes relationships are better over than carried out as a farce.

The past is the past, Boney Kapoor's marriage ended years ago. It has been over a decade since Sridevi and him have been living together as a family. In a more ideal society Sridevi and Mona would have reconciled and been on pleasant terms for the sake of the family that they will always share. In a more ideal society Sridevi could still attend Mona's funeral, offer condolences, receive condolences without being scorned. In a more ideal society the other woman would not be an awkward disliked entity over ten years down the road. After all she is human too, and its humans who make mistakes and humans who have emotions.

Society is so complicated.🤔

RTH and Maya : that was eye opening👏
Edited by chalaakomaasi - 12 years ago
I can't e-pee on this thread. Um... it would be unethical  😆
LeadNitrate thumbnail
 I do not think anyone dislikes sridevi, people suck up to her at award shows a lot.  But it was prudent of her not to attend the funeral, it would have taken all the attention from the departed and the grief to the juicy gossips. IMO, and i doubt arjun or ansala would have been comfortable seeing the lady handling everything along side their father, who gave them a lot of trouble and grief and isolation in their growing up years. I read in mona's interview how the kids had to face the society and its judgement when boney left her.

Shobha de, typical of her  holier than thou judgemental attitude ,is just plain sentimental. everyone recognizes sridevi and her two daughters.  From the pictures of various social gatherings, award functions, Boney is seen flaunting her and only her daughters in all the social dos. Rather arjun and anshala are grossly neglected.  And probably now that arjun's movies are releasing and he is a star in making, Boney will latch onto him again.

I have total indifference towards sridevi, If she has suffered, may she get happiness she deserves. 
Yea just as soon as I am done sparing my thoughts for the douchebags of the world. There is a penny in my hand for everyone's thoughts...even as inane as the one where Shobah De tries her hand at seeking attention for the millionth time. 🤪
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Why should Sridevi attend the funeral?
I don't get this idea that we have to pretend that things don't hurt us/we're perfectly down with rejection/we don't feel jealousy or insecurity.

What a load of perfect crap that is! It's so damned fake and seems such a relic of the high school mentality of always trying to look cool and never be seen as being vulnerable.
We ARE vulnerable. Get used to it. NO ONE, unless they are barking mad likes rejection and what earthly good would it do Mona or her children to have a woman who, no doubt, caused her much anguish showing up at her funeral like a caring friend?

Sri can go shopping, go have a frappucino, make a beaded bracelet but someone who was instrumental in making that woman's, now ended, time on this earth painful and fraught with tears and self doubt really does not need to show up at the funeral. My god it would be almost like gloating!
Jebus! Where would be the good in that?

It would put Mona's children on the defensive so that rather than giving themselves up to mourning and focusing on their happiness with their mother, whom they will not see or hear on this earth again, they will have a major part of their senses tuned to hurt, awkwardness, and bitter memories. 
Why make what is already an emotionally fraught situation even more tense when there is no need?

Just accept the reality of human emotions. There are some people who loved Mona and went through the tears and pain with her who will NEVER be comfortable interacting with a person who played a major part in causing that pain, or was at least the beneficiary of that pain.
Strained politeness is the most one can manage sometimes so it's the better part of wisdom just to let it go by and not force confrontations.

I think it showed marked good taste, kindness and sensitivity on Sridevi's part not to go and stir up more pain than the people there were feeling already. 

GoGreen thumbnail
this woman shobha de is sick...wants loads of publicity...mona passed away...her family is mourning...her kids ,mother and sister...what the hell she wants sri devi there...
and what did she say...celebrities came due to kapoor brothers...means dint mona kapoor isnt a successfull enterprenur who runs  a studio ..she did have made her own identity...Shobha de...i think this woman thinks she knows everything...is she a second wife very much showing sympathy to sridevi.
as many have said, it was for the best that she wasnt there. it invites unwanted gossip and ultimately takes away from the funeral. 

Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This lady is beyond funny...have so much crap in her personal life, yet write about others... have seen such women often but she is beyond stupid and maha annoying with her so called writing .