Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Lets be honest here...TRPs (Page 3)

Iceflames IF-Dazzler
Iceflames
Iceflames

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lurvebooks

Hi Eveline .. am entering the lion's den so go easy on me Wink 

I don't watch all the shows you've listed but have caught the other SP ones once in a while ... so I will base my comment on those ... DABH, SNS etc ... those shows imho have regressive storylines and yes their leads do not share the same internsity as BS/SI ... but it takes more than just the leads to grip an audience ...

What DABH, SNS, EHMMB, YRKKH do have is a consistent story line ... on a day-to-day basis the premise does not jump all over the place ... they take one subject and see it through before moving on ...

... granted it is at snails pace (and in the case of SNS repetetive and almost zero movement) ...  but their stories hold the course ... couple that with slicker production overall and IPK pales in comparison ...

One needs to think beyond BS/SI and see the show holistically. The script and execution has been on a downward slide since the MU...needs to rectified if they are going to be worthy competitors.

DISCLAIMER: IPK is the only show I watch consistently, I love IPK, I love IF and many of its members and this is only a personal opinion which I hope you will respect as I respect yours.
Exactly my words.thnks 4 saying dis much.after watching the quality of 2days epi i want 2 cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Lurvebooks

_TheJoker- IF-Stunnerz
_TheJoker-
_TheJoker-

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:21am | IP Logged
to be honest with you.. Tongue i dont watch any other show except IPKKND! and i am sure that next week the TRP's will rise!! ups and downs are bound to happen.. lets enjoy this too.. always things cant be according to our wishes!! so lets just face it that we had a major fall down and we accept that.. next week IPKKND will be back to its place..Cool

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TRaweveline

uniquebluerose IF-Dazzler
uniquebluerose
uniquebluerose

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stafhtad

Originally posted by eveline

I have seen some posts today saying that the show has been losing its grip and so deserves the drop in TRPs...all I gotta say is ...the shows that are above IPKKND are...for example...ballika badhu...uttaran...saathiya...diya aur baati...blah blah blah...and these deserve to be on the top?? Above IPKKND?

If our show is bad ..then these are better??? TRPs naturally lead to comparision between shows...so does this mean that the shows that are on the top rungs of TRP have better actors, better story, better direction, better story progression...are more entertaining...more gripping??? In all honesty...if ours doesn't deserve to be on the top...these do???

All I can say is if IPKKND is crap...for me the other shows are crappier...Wink

P.S...no offence to other show followers...this is my personal opinion...Smile
All 100 shows that air on TV can be crappier than IPKKND.  How does it matter?  IPKKND was in top 3.  Not it has fallen to 8th or 9th.
It basically means, the people, the core audience of this show, who have been watching this show, are not watching it anymore.  The love story that was building for the first 7-8  months is not there anymore.  When a show got so many awards at SPA, the popularity within its own fan base should have been that much stronger.  So if, less people are watching it than before, it does not mean, these people have gone and watched BV or DBAH or any other serial.  it just means, they stopped watching this serial.
So if 1000 were watching when it was 3 now 700 are watching and obviously the TRP will be down.  It is in no way correlation to how good or abd other shows are and what their TRPs are.
Other shows are retaining their audience because their audience are hooked on to that show for what they have been showing.  And the shows continue to show their core audience what they like.
Audience to this show were hooked on because of how the story unfolded until the MU.  Since then that audience base is shrinking as they are not showing a linear story or a love story. When the core audience do not get what they got when they got hooked onto the show, the TRPs are bound to go down. 
This is my POV only.
Rgds
Sudha

You are so right and yes what you say only makes perfect sense!!!! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sukriweshaSeerialLoops

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lurvebooks

Hi Eveline .. am entering the lion's den so go easy on me Wink 

I don't watch all the shows you've listed but have caught the other SP ones once in a while ... so I will base my comment on those ... DABH, SNS etc ... those shows imho have regressive storylines and yes their leads do not share the same internsity as BS/SI ... but it takes more than just the leads to grip an audience ...

What DABH, SNS, EHMMB, YRKKH do have is a consistent story line ... on a day-to-day basis the premise does not jump all over the place ... they take one subject and see it through before moving on ...

... granted it is at snails pace (and in the case of SNS repetetive and almost zero movement) ...  but their stories hold the course ... couple that with slicker production overall and IPK pales in comparison ...

One needs to think beyond BS/SI and see the show holistically. The script and execution has been on a downward slide since the MU...needs to rectified if they are going to be worthy competitors.

DISCLAIMER: IPK is the only show I watch consistently, I love IPK, I love IF and many of its members and this is only a personal opinion which I hope you will respect as I respect yours.
LOLlion's den...?? what the...?? u are just sharin ur welcome pov...even i dont watch other shows...for the same reasons u dont...too regressive...and too slow..sometimes to difficult to digest...and these are the things that dont pull this show down...if anything...it races at breakneck speed...even with the MU...if u look at other shows this would have been dragged atleast for months or a year...but here things are coming to a head...within months...this show can never be stagnant..even when we believe its not moving..arnav and khushi are learning every single incident..every single day...other than BS and SI..i love the rest of the ensemble cast...awesome actors in perfect roles...characters i can identify with ...i feel this show has a realistic touch...unlike some shows..which make we wonder...are they showing modern day India..and day to day life???

Lately...the frustration levels are high...but overall looking at the whole picture..for me compared to other shows...this one still comes out as unique and the most deserving...yes they need to tighten some lose ends...but TRPs are kind of a rat race...and i know this one's not a rat...Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Lurvebooksarchie_79

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged

Hey Eve,

Dont know about other shows luv other than Saathiya...that pretty much share some of the creatives genious with IPKKND...

TRP is a statistical evaluation and has many things that are open ended...saying that they do have a big say in commercial viability...and as you said it is your opinion re the crappy metre of the show...but luv your opinion according to trp are not shared by the vast mejority (what to do?)

trp or no trp ...IPKKND is heading down the crap o shoot...if comparing as I said I'v watched only one other show and IPK stands out because of the cast and initial plot...and momentary genious in give or take may be 10 or 15 epis...

So, leaving other shows behind...IPK needs to pull up its socks...because by this arm chair critiques opinion the only thing going for them the cast also seem tired and are not churning out thier best

today Seems like ground hog day...the same crap and not even bothering to lay it out diff...ASR's lines were the same and action too...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

weshaSeerialLoopsmeera30

bikerider IF-Sizzlerz
bikerider
bikerider

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged
i so agree with you i really cant understand the TRPs LOL
and i really wonder why CVs and channel is behind TRP
watching SNS which was top1 for long time gives me headache
sorry no offense but i preffer scheming CVs than scheming saas
arnavnkushi Groupbie
arnavnkushi
arnavnkushi

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:30am | IP Logged
true but plzzz clear the misunderstanding
mysterieux IF-Rockerz
mysterieux
mysterieux

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eveline

Originally posted by mysterieux

Hey EvyBig smile

Thanks for making the much needed post.

Granted the script slipped...but when you look at it overall ...the show has a lot going for it the actors, the crew and technically is way ahead of lots of shows on TV. The only reason that I can think of for the low TRP is the lack of drama...and the script  and the Cvs really need to pick up on that but other than that I love the show. We do not know what goes on behind the scenes and I think the reason for the script issue could have been that the twist has had to be postponed because of the Mahaepisode which has thrown everything into a loop for them maybe...but other than that you can see the how hard barun, sanaya and all the others actors put  on in the show  and even the crew... it deserves it place on the top.
I my trying to look at the whole picture here...granted the show has had plenty of issues with its viewers lately...but when i start looking at the shows on top...this one still stands out...
yes it does...but audience is fickle...and I guess they want what they want including meLOL...I hate to see a show of this calibre slip...it does not deserve it  thats what is worse...people want suspense, drama and ott...cvs  have a lot of possiblities for suspense and drama so keeping fingers crossed...pray to god for no OTT... so here's hoping that IPKKND comes back up on top...next week ...

PS: I always try and catch your post coz you are positive and  practical and I can relate to your viewsBig smileEmbarrassed... so hopefully  we get some  major action with the tracks now that Arnav is caught up in a new MU after the heer ranjha track.Big smile

Cheers!

Go to top