Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

TRP - Fans to blame?

rightchoice thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Its my observation that  whenever PH / CVs starts listening to whims of fans too much, the show goes in drain. I have observed many shows.

CVs should stop making major changes in their story line based on fans demand. If possible, fans would want everything in one episode. They need to be themselves and tell story the way they want. We should have faith in them. They will pull it together nicely.

CVs were doing pretty much good job of keeping the story, spark and intensity intact. Remember, we were hooked to the show because of their way of narration and their way of story telling at first place. Constructive critisism is always good but too much of negativity is bound to spread venom and dent the moral of Creatives. I am saying this because the people from PH do visit this website.

Lastly, don't give too much emphasis on TRP. IPKKND has cut throat competition at 8:00 at Colors which all other shows are missing. No other channels were able to put up fight at 8:00 PM slot. Just because one week TRP, is down don't start asking CVs to change the story line. Its not fair...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MeMyselfI thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
what changes have the CVs made recently that were demanded by the fans? πŸ˜•
rightchoice thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Huma-

what changes have the CVs made recently that were demanded by the fans? πŸ˜•

They constantly changed from emotional to comedy to romance every week. That's mostly from too much of uproar in the fan base, especially online community.
aqm32 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The story is moving really slowly I think the audience need at least one step progress Arhi always fight with adhoori lines nothing is clearly said between them. We need a twist or at least Khushi must now why he married her.😭
-MeMyselfI thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: rightchoice

They constantly changed from emotional to comedy to romance every week. That's mostly from too much of uproar in the fan base, especially online community.

they might have listened to us..but they misinterpreted our demands...we werent demanding khushi's OTT behavior to be back or a confession on holi etc..in fact, most of what we have been demanding has been falling on deaf ears...
Deb_05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I totally agree with your beautiful post. We all fans of IPK are responsible for down in TRP. Some keep complaining , never satisfied, sometimes find wrong in Khushi and start bashing, and few special people always and everyday find fault in Arnav and start their bashing with full bang party. Some busy finding fault in IPK show, CVs and director. Rest people from other forum do it for us.
Yesterday many people were not happy with Khushi's confession news. Big lectures, theories, Girl power and so on was going on in this forum.They all wanted Arnav to confess, and that too sitting on his knees..foolish demandπŸ˜†Result still no news of confession. Some want romance, some want story, some seriously want MU, some ask for intense love, some demand for hate passion. If they show comedy, they complain, if they give filler, they complain, if they give too many Rabba vey, they complain, if they show some naughty scenes between ArHi, they raise their voice in the name of "Women Humilation" CVs are really confused with our mood swings. ASR or Khushi is not having mental or mood swing problems..WE all fans have this problem as we are not, never happy with the story. Honestly I care a damm for TRP, the show is going excellent, actors are doing fabolous job, I appreciate their hard work for 12/13 hrs shoot. I have full Trust on CVs, they will give us splendid surprises. Please people stop complaining
Edited by barun_arnav - 12 years ago
nandanie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Rightchoice, I agree completely! The CVs grabbed us with their show initially, they are the ones who have a story to tell, let them tell it. They are the "creative" minds behind the show, so be it. Yes, as fans, we want to see certain things, but we should wait it out and see how the storyline develops and have faith in the CVs.

However, if the CVs dont trust themselves and start listening to our wants then their "creative" spirit is thrown out the window and in the process of pleasing their fanbase, they are throwing their show out the window.

Granted, they should try to please their fanbase and not prolong certain aspects of the storyline but they do need to go with their initial storyline because as a development-team, they need to hold true to the original concept of the show.
zillionaire thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
i think this is just sad how the trp fell that much.. they were no.3 and now they r no.8! this is really disappointing.. i dont blame the cvs as i personally enjoy whatever they have portrayed so far.. and because i enjoy it so much myself... i find it disappointing how the trp has fallen so much..
rightchoice thumbnail
Originally posted by: zanonymous

i think this is just sad how the trp fell that much.. they were no.3 and now they r no.8! this is really disappointing.. i dont blame the cvs as i personally enjoy whatever they have portrayed so far.. and because i enjoy it so much myself... i find it disappointing how the trp has fallen so much..

Actually, TRP is not so much down. It is 3.7 ->3.5. Just 0.2 down. TRPs of all other shows have increased. We can say all other shows have performed better than us rather than saying our show did badly.
raima111 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rightchoice

Constructive critisism is always good but too much of negativity is bound to spread venom and dent the moral of Creatives. I am saying this because the people from PH do visit this website.

Completely agree wid u!!!