India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

KTLK is the Bad version of DK - A persons reaction

hellox Goldie
hellox
hellox

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:36am | IP Logged
well..was goin thro the net for some imp work wen i came thro this..this isnt my writing..its written by someone..author name not mentioned..so..here it goes..

Hi all,
This would be a shortish note about the
degradation that is Kuch Toh Log Kahenge I usually tend to only discuss software projects
on my blog but this soap opera/serial has really
disgusted it. I know that by discussing it I am
indirectly popularizing it but it is a sad sad
statement as to what commercial TV has become. If anybody is there who has seen the
original version ' Dhoop Kinarey' (spelled as Kinare in Urdu, I prefer the y) then you would probably accept with me they murdered both the
story and the intention behind it when doing Sony's big thing called 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge' . How could people take a look at something so
beautiful, so profound and turn it ugly can
only be seen in this soap operas. While I've not been able to see many of the other Pakistani serials, I saw this one at my uncle's house (this
was somewhere around the early 90s and the VCR had just come in many upper class homes, my
uncle's being one of them) and he had got his
hands on this. The serial/story was a short as
can be seen from the wiki page as well (just 14
episodes of 1/2 hour or an hour each) and
somehow we were able to see it all. Even at that tender age I knew that this is something good. And you look at what they are dishing it out
today and you see that instead of being the
educational resource TV was promised, it's just
being used to reinforce myths. All in all, not a
happy customer

Edited by hellox - 04 April 2012 at 7:42am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

prernacda--AROMAL--znursinghMehek25

karajekar IF-Dazzler
karajekar
karajekar

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:52am | IP Logged
hey i have not seen dhoop kinare will you pls give short update

Sonali
hellox Goldie
hellox
hellox

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karajekar

hey i have not seen dhoop kinare will you pls give short update

Sonali

Well..DK starts as the same as KTLK..in this..the leads are Dr Ahmer Ansari and Dr Zoya Ali Khan..Zoya realises she is in love but doesnt propose..Ahmer overhears Zoya tellin that she loves Ahmer..in DK Zoya isnt trashed from the hospital unlike Nidhi in Ktlk..the whole story has the hospital essence..and Zoya's father does have a business loss and a heart attack..Zoya sells the house..Ahmer is really hurt after comin to knw that his house is with Zoya..then he comes to knw that why she sold..and later at the end its shown that he gifts the house to Zoya..thats all..DK ends just after the heart attack and house track..
Remember..i neither have watched DK..the info im givin u is thro the knowledge i have earned from others and net..
Regards..

Edited by hellox - 04 April 2012 at 8:00am
hellox Goldie
hellox
hellox

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
and if i have missed some point in explainin Dk..then apologies and add accordingly..
Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
@ Hellox...
Ahmer is really hurt after comin to knw that his house is with Zoya..then he comes to knw that why she sold..and later at the end its shown that he gifts the house to Zoya..thats all..DK ends just after the heart attack and house track..

If u don't feel offended may I add something to this point...

Well Ahmer also realises his love for Zoya and soon as he does so he takes Zoya to show her the house...Zoya admits that she is the owner of the house and the girl whom he hates so much...Zoya's father being in need of money to save his business makes Zoya approach the buyers lawyer for selling the house...But Ahmer now refuses to buy the house (as he knows the girl whom he hates is also the one whom he loves)...
But somehow Ahmer comes to know about Zoya's problems and her need for money and he buys the house off her so that her financial problems are solved...being unable to forgive her he accepts an offer of a job abroad and before going away he hands over the house papers and Keys to Zoya...Actually he leaves them at her house...Zoya comes to know that Ahmer has accepted a job abroad and unhappy she goes to visit the house...Ahmer also could not resist going back to the house and goes there...he sees Zoya and the last scene is just Ahmer saying I am here I did not go anywhere and stopping Zoya by holding her hand...Not sure of the dialogue but positive about the scene where he stops her by holding her arm...Liked that scene so much that I watched it over and over again and it has got etched on my heart now...

One final thing...KTLK can never be compared to DK...and will never be able to come even close to it in terms of portrayal or story or execution...DK was a masterpiece and will always remain one...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva--AROMAL--znursinghDJ..-Chandramukhi-

hellox Goldie
hellox
hellox

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
@Mehek..not at all..i wont mind..i just skipped that part coz was a bit difficult to write up from cell as had a work to finish..thats why..thanks for ur share..
Regards..
DJ.. IF-Sizzlerz
DJ..
DJ..

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Any comparison to DK is a criminal act
Krrish4You IF-Rockerz
Krrish4You
Krrish4You

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
I personally really dnt care abt DK.. Bcoz i hvnt seen a single scene of it. I only fell in love ktlk nt dk.. So for me it doesn't matter if ktlk hs gone ahead with its own story keeping dk story behind..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

M.L.PriyaNaiduSwastikAshNi

Go to top