Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kpk1002 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
With so many awesome writers on this forum, to have some who plagiarize is sickening 🤢 I have never understood the need to take someone else's work, claim it as your own and then take credit for it. As Khushi said in today's episode.."yeh dhoka hai"!!! 👎🏼! 

If a person doesn't have the imagination or the words to come up with something original, then I suggest that he/she just sit back and enjoy what others come up with. That's what I do and I am sure that there are 100s more like me out there who enjoy reading the works by our talented IF writers 😃

Then if we do come up with some intelligent words, we press the Post Reply button (after hitting Like of course) and string two words together to make a nice, complimentary comment. Fair enough 👍🏼

To those who plagiarize:
Now STOP copy/pasting and adding your name!!! 😡 Instead, support the excellent talent we have here and be happy that they are willing to share with us 👏
Edited by kpk1002 - 12 years ago
-_-harsh42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Naina2127

K back now. Typing this on my phone so I apologize in advance for any mistakes and funky sounding phrases.

K so in general, plagiarism obviously is bad. As to why people feel the need to plagiarize, do they just want the adulation and praise that thu can get? It's beyond my comprehension. As a writer I know how difficult it is to write any given chapter, and if I can't come up with something then I simply put off writing the story until I can come up with an update. No issue and readers understand. I know one individual who plagiarized because she couldn't come up with a good idea and needed to update because her readers wanted one. That was just crap.

I didn't read every post in this thread but a lot of people suggested that IF should take some measures against this but I don't know how feasible that would honestly be. There are SO many people who wrote stories and come up with new ones everyday so someone individually checking through them, is probably not really going to happen. Therefore, I feel like it falls upon the readers to kind of always be on the lookout. I something doesn't sound like a writers typical style of writing or something, just check it out. A simple google check would be fine. And please don't misunderstand me, because I'm not saying everyone who tries out new writing styles is copying from elsewhere or something like that but I hope very one gets what I'm saying.

Its always always disappointing to see that that something you'be enjoyed, commented on, liked and PRAISED was not their own work at all and it rightly makes everyone mad. This particular writer, after reading the explanation for that one story, I felt queasy about ever reading her work again and simply stopped.

Wow this is a long post. And I know I'm rambling.

Once again though, to the TM, awesome post. I can point out more work by the specific author that was plagiarized but everyone gets the point.

Cheers!
Naina

Exactly Naina... And yeah.. The mods checking each and every story is really not possible!!

Everyone should be on a lookout...
Yazzy91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with your post! It's digusting how people take credit for something that is not their work...have some shame people (people who plagiarise)!!!
oops-whoops thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 IS THERE NO PLACE  IN THE FORUM WHR U GUYS CAN COPYRIGHT UR WORK A SPECIAL THREAD AND IF PERSON FOUND GUILTY OF PLAGIARISM SHOULD BE BANNED?????????? Edited by oops-whoops - 12 years ago
sun_shine_girl thumbnail

And to think that I read these stories and liked them a lot. Felt a little envious too at the easy flow of thoughts...How I wished I could write like that.

Feeling a Fool of the first order now..🤢
-_-harsh42 thumbnail

Originally posted by: oops-whoops

IS THERE NO PLACE IN THE FORUM WHR U GUYS CAN COPYRIGHT UR WORK A SPECIAL THREAD AND IF PERSON FOUND GUILTY OF PLAGIARISM SHOULD BE BANNED??????????

I highly doubt about IF having that facility...
It could probably be done externally, though. . .

I'll have to look more into that. . .

Thanks for the idea... :)
Aishu. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
aawwwhhh i never knew this thing...such a shameee :((((
-_-harsh42 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sun_shine_girl

And to think that I read these stories and liked them a lot. Felt a little envious too at the easy flow of thoughts...How I wished I could write like that.

Feeling a Fool of the first order now..🤢

Aww... Don't blame yourself sweetie...
We did catch the culprit, didn't we??
I just hope we could do it each time we get thieves on our forum like this... ;)
curledup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
guys who plagerised? is it in the PM someone sent me? 
-JollyJabeen- thumbnail

Originally posted by: curledup

guys who plagerised? is it in the PM someone sent me? 

Yep, The name of the writer is in the PM. Thats how i found out😆