Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

FF WRITERS: Why such sophomoric attitude?! NOTEp.70 (Page 25)

.khanak. IF-Dazzler
.khanak.
.khanak.

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:43am | IP Logged
You know what actually just some minutes ago recieved a PM for a new FF and I read it and I realized that it was quiet similar to my FF:Untouched Memories...Well I felt really hurt.
I mean you know she sent me the PM and her FF was quite smilar to mine...Me on her place would be really embarrassed and ashamedConfused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

321abcasumisun_shine_girl-_-harsh42

Psychedelic Goldie
Psychedelic
Psychedelic

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Wow! I just feel kind of shocked after reading about all this. Just went through the whole thread. And to think I have appreciated her work and given into the "comment or no PMs" threat!

I was aware of plagiarism in general. I've even noticed the thread in the FF forum dedicated to this. But I never actually expected that this would be happening. 

When she closed Accidental Honeymoon, I was under the impression that she had found out and done it on her own accord. I stand corrected now!

I have tried my hand at writing FFs but I have always been unable to complete them. So I definitely know how difficult the whole process of putting your thoughts into words is! And to steal someone's hard work is just not done!

Thank you for bringing this issue to the fore. Like HeadOverHeels and napstermonster have commented earlier, some stiff measures definitely need to be taken by IF to protect these works from being copied.

As a reader, it is really disheartening to know that a work that you have appreciated has been a rip off of someone else's work and no credit has been given. It is okay to get "inspired" by scenes or situations. But a word to word copy is worse than stealing. I can only imagine how the authors whose work has been plagiarized would be feeling! I read mainly FFs related to IPKKND and Harry Potter. I will definitely be keeping my eyes open in future!

I hope this situation does bring about some stringent action against Plagiarism in IF at least. 

In this case I would also like to mention the Harry Potter Fan Fiction  site (http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/getinfo.php?page=siterules) in which they have their staff who go through each chapter of the fan fictions before they are published except in the case of few Trusted Authors. I don't know how practical it will be to implement something like that here but it is a suggestion! :)

~ Varsha

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karisma-_-harsh42-.Pearl.-

DEE2803 Goldie
DEE2803
DEE2803

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:49am | IP Logged
it is not right to get credit for sumone elses hard earn right ...totally injustice...please dont that...there are quite few newbies here who write totally on they own n get not as much apreciated and there are few cheaters who take credit on coping sum1 elses work...please stop doing it..x

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

karisma-_-harsh42

-_-harsh42 IF-Dazzler
-_-harsh42
-_-harsh42

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ri_luvs_ArShi

<font color="#ff0066">You know what actually just some minutes ago recieved a PM for a new FF and I read it and I realized that it was quiet similar to my FF:Untouched Memories...Well I felt really hurt.</font>
<font color="#ff0066">I mean you know she sent me the PM and her FF was quite smilar to mine...Me on her place would be really embarrassed and ashamedConfused</font>

Aww...
Ask the female about it...
if she gives a proper explanation, then fine... Or else, if its too much like your work, report it!!

karismaasumi

karisma Goldie
karisma
karisma

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -_-harsh42

Originally posted by AngelTeen

Originally posted by asumi

Originally posted by smitar

I would feel terrible if someone copied my work & claimed it as her own.

I would feel even worse if I were ever tempted to write an OS based on another work or book.

Anyone found plagiarizing must be effectively dealt with according to the rules of this Forum.

All hail MEMBERSONLY & NOCOPY that protect our work.

how to make a post "NO COPY" ????

and then i WILL hail it! !Big smile

Just use [ NO COPY ] 

No spaces. :)

But that works just for the first page of the thread, sweetie. . .

Mods are yet to do something about it for all posts. . . Tongue

Notes
1.They can't prevent it from not happening at all-koz the demented thief can always sit down ,look at the screen/BOOK n type it down againCryDead

2... but what the Mods can do for the IF writers would be to deactivate any right-click function (or something along those lines) for the WRITER's post only, just like some non-downloadable websites where you can't copy/paste ..See note 4 onwards

3. of course (1) can still happen but at least it's a better safeguard than what we currently have on IF . This goes out specifically to those writers who have their own blogs too . 

4. It's going to be a hard task for IF mods since it would limit edit options n they'll have many technicalities to smoothe out, but surely that's still possible??! It's better to have more steps in place than leaving things as they are. 
Protocols, rules -Clap yep gud gud..veryy gud
but incorporate them from your end with technical "defences" in place

5. Ok maybe it'd be more difficult to quote/ reply to comments & more difficult to update as a writer  ..So maybe there could be a code generated /given out to each writer that'll allow him/her to manage his/her own posts and bypass the copy/paste safeguards

6. these r just a few thoughts..the IT/ electronic engineering experts will know betterEmbarrassed

writers invest time and emotions into their stories for some realities that can never be sometimes..or at others, for some things that are so real (maybe with first-hand experience) that it's difficult to shake off the characters... because u've become one of them. they exist.As a writer, you've breathed life into them and they exist. 
it's mental agony sometimes n sometimes it's just an escape into this perfect world we've created, where we pretend our loved ones wt ever die Smile, where  every one is beautiful,where every feeling is returned n where the fighting is better than the making-up..

umm..maybe with some bey Censoredthrown in!(lol!ROFL that was just to WAKE YOU UP!! duh!)

so yea..it's an insult to the writersBroken Heart.. some of whom have had their work published..n some who are now frowning at going ahead n getting theirs published...  Ermm

and to the readers (4 the reasons you know, when each time you, the writer, commented as a reader)

n... daring to REPEAT that?!
Wait.Letting someone stealing INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY get away so easily??  Thumbs DownC'mmon !

Mods please.

m sorry if you have poor imagination, if at all.M friggin' sorry I commented on your story. Now run off like a scalded cat! Before I request the Mods to trace back your IP address (to start withEvil Smile). Yes, internet is not that anonymous. scary huhh? shoo!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

321abcasumi-_-harsh42-.Pearl.-

-_-harsh42 IF-Dazzler
-_-harsh42
-_-harsh42

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karisma

<font color="#FF0000">I would feel terrible if someone copied my work & claimed it as her own.

I would feel even worse if I were ever tempted to write an OS based on another work or book.

Anyone found plagiarizing must be effectively dealt with according to the rules of this Forum.

</font>

Just use [ NO COPY ]

<font color="#0000CC" size="2">

Mods are yet to do something about it for all posts. . . Tongue</font>

<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">Notes</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">1.They can't prevent it from not happening at all-koz the demented thief can always sit down ,look at the screen/BOOK n type it down againCryDead</font></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff3333">
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">2... but what the Mods can do for the IF writers would be to deactivate any right-click function (or something along those lines) for the WRITER's post only,just like some non-downloadable websites where you can't copy/paste ..See note 4 onwards</font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">3. of course (1) can still happen but at least it's a better safeguard than what we currently have on IF . This goes out specifically to those writers who have their own blogs too .</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#cc0000">4. It's going to be a hard task for IF mods since it would limit edit options n they'll havemany technicalities to smoothe out, but surely that's still possible??! </font><font color="#003300">It's better to have more steps in place than leaving things as they are.</font><font color="#ff3333"></font></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">Protocols, rules -Clapyep gud gud..veryy gud</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#cc0000">but incorporate them from your end with technical "defences"in place</font></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff3333"></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">5. Ok maybeit'd be more difficult to quote/ reply to comments & more difficult to update as a writer ..So maybe there could be a code generated /given out to each writer that'll allow him/her to manage his/her own posts and bypass the copy/paste safeguards</font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#cc0000">6. these r just a few thoughts..the IT/ electronic engineering experts will know betterEmbarrassed</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">writers invest time and emotions into their stories for some realities that can never be sometimes.</font><font color="#cc0000">.or at others, for some things that are so real (maybe with first-hand experience) that it's difficult to shake off the characters... because u've become one of them. they exist.As a writer, you've breathed life into them and they exist.</font></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">it's mental agony sometimes n sometimes it's just an escape into this perfect world we've created, where we pretend our loved ones wt ever die Smile, where every one is beautiful,where every feeling is returned n where the fighting is better than the making-up..</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" color="#cc0000"><font>umm..maybe with some </font><font size="3">bey</font><font size="3">Censored</font><font>thrown in!(</font><font>lol!ROFL that was just to WAKE YOU UP!! duh!)</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">so yea..it's an insult to the writersBroken Heart.. some of whom have had their work published..n some who are now frowning at going ahead n getting theirs published... Ermm</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">and to the readers (4 the reasons you know, when each time you, the writer, commented as a reader)</font>
</font>
<font color="#cc0000"><font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2">n... daring to REPEAT that?!</font></font>
<font color="#cc0000"><font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2">Wait.Letting someone stealing INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY get away so easily?? Thumbs Down</font><font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">C'mmon !</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">Mods please.</font>
</font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff3333">________________________________</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">m sorry if you have poor imagination, if at all.M friggin' sorry I commented on your story. Now run off like a scalded cat! Before I request the Mods to trace back your IP address (to start withEvil Smile). Yes, internet is not that anonymous. scary huhh? shoo!</font>

Thankuuu for such a enlightening comment, lawyer-to-be!!! ;)

We should open our own forum... I Will take care of the programming sh*t...

And you could manage the IP stuff!! XD XD

karismaasumi

karisma Goldie
karisma
karisma

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:07am | IP Logged
@-_-harsh42  LOL!!!ROFL  lmao!!  

"what the- what the- what the!"ROFL

(Khushi Kumari GuptA..AAA) Wink

Edited by karisma - 04 April 2012 at 1:01pm

asumi-_-harsh42

asumi Goldie
asumi
asumi

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by karisma

<font color="#FF0000">I would feel terrible if someone copied my work & claimed it as her own.

</font>

Just use [ NO COPY ]

<font color="#0000CC" size="2">

Mods are yet to do something about it for all posts. . . Tongue</font>

<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">Notes</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">1.They can't prevent it from not happening at all-koz the demented thief can always sit down ,look at the screen/BOOK n type it down againCryDead</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">2... but what the Mods can do for the IF writers would be to deactivate any right-click function (or something along those lines) for the WRITER's post only,just like some non-downloadable websites where you can't copy/paste ..See note 4 onwards</font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">3. of course (1) can still happen but at least it's a better safeguard than what we currently have on IF . This goes out specifically to those writers who have their own blogs too .</font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#cc0000">4. It's going to be a hard task for IF mods since it would limit edit options n they'll havemany technicalities to smoothe out, but surely that's still possible??! </font><font color="#003300">It's better to have more steps in place than leaving things as they are.</font><font color="#ff3333"></font></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">Protocols, rules -Clapyep gud gud..veryy gud</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#cc0000">but incorporate them from your end with technical "defences"in place</font></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff3333"></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">5. Ok maybeit'd be more difficult to quote/ reply to comments & more difficult to update as a writer ..So maybe there could be a code generated /given out to each writer that'll allow him/her to manage his/her own posts and bypass the copy/paste safeguards</font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#cc0000">6. these r just a few thoughts..the IT/ electronic engineering experts will know betterEmbarrassed</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">writers invest time and emotions into their stories for some realities that can never be sometimes.</font><font color="#cc0000">.or at others, for some things that are so real (maybe with first-hand experience) that it's difficult to shake off the characters... because u've become one of them. they exist.As a writer, you've breathed life into them and they exist.</font></font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">it's mental agony sometimes n sometimes it's just an escape into this perfect world we've created, where we pretend our loved ones wt ever die Smile, where every one is beautiful,where every feeling is returned n where the fighting is better than the making-up..</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" color="#cc0000"><font>umm..maybe with some </font><font size="3">bey</font><font size="3">Censored</font><font>thrown in!(</font><font>lol!ROFL that was just to WAKE YOU UP!! duh!)</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2"><font color="#003300">so yea..it's an insult to the writersBroken Heart.. some of whom have had their work published..n some who are now frowning at going ahead n getting theirs published... Ermm</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">and to the readers (4 the reasons you know, when each time you, the writer, commented as a reader)</font>
</font>
<font color="#cc0000"><font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2">n... daring to REPEAT that?!</font></font>
<font color="#cc0000"><font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2">Wait.Letting someone stealing INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY get away so easily?? Thumbs Down</font><font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">C'mmon !</font></font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0000">Mods please.</font>
</font>
</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff3333">________________________________</font>
<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#003300">m sorry if you have poor imagination, if at all.M friggin' sorry I commented on your story. Now run off like a scalded cat! Before I request the Mods to trace back your IP address (to start withEvil Smile). Yes, internet is not that anonymous. scary huhh? shoo!</font>

Thankuuu for such a enlightening comment, lawyer-to-be!!! ;)

We should open our own forum... I Will take care of the programming sh*t...

And you could manage the IP stuff!! XD XD

please do!! I WILL be the active member of that forum!! Big smile guaranteed!! and some day when my engineering skills  get useful  then i will help too!! Embarrassed

karisma-_-harsh42

Go to top