Page 1 of 1

NeelimaSJ

IF-Sizzlerz

NeelimaSJ

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

'Imarti Devi' is a professor in NSID

'Imarti Devi' is a professor in NSID
Hema Singh

In her latest avatar as an evil but chatpati saas on the small screen, Hema Singh, feels that her character actually brings in the age old humour through her satirical comments on bahus.

"We did extensive research to select appropriate language for the serial and zeroed in on a mix of Awadhi dialect because of the sweetness of the language," says the actress, who is also a professor of speech and acting in National School of Drama, Delhi. "I have taken special two-year leave from work to work on this project," she informs further.

In fact, Hema's knowledge of the Awadhi culture stems somewhat from her Lucknow connection. "I was born in Lucknow and we used to live in the Model House area of old city. My father was the renowned Hindi poet, Raghuvir Sahay, and so, I am quite attuned to the cultural aspect of the city," she tells us. So, did she notice any change in the city. "Oh yes! I saw all these parks, which resemble stupas, wide roads... the city has become so beautiful. Even the people have become more aware of things around them."

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

DesdemonanatzzzaahanaatreminihussainhamzanuhaDoracakekriti07AngeloScuro--Krish--leavesandwaves.Nabi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: 'Imarti Devi' is a professor in NSID" in Kairee - Rishta Khatta Meetha forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hamzanuha

IF-Dazzler

hamzanuha

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

aahanaatre

aahanaatre

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Thanx 4 sharing t...
She is doing a great job...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kriti07

kahkashansakina

IF-Sizzlerz

kahkashansakina

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged
TFS

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.