Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Heer dances Arnav cries, Khushi Qs? ASR replies (Page 2)

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by minihussain

well written...loved ur post..Clap

hey thanksBig smile

pacsun Goldie
pacsun
pacsun

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
As always, a great post !!

I thought the only person in the audience that showed expressions worth watching was Shyam. I liked how he briefly closed his eyes when Kushi was being ridiculed and had this pained look when he watched Kushi alone on stage, being cat-called by the obviously-not-so- high society audience. For a min. he fooled me ..he looked like a man who really felt the pain and humiliation of the woman he loves (hmm maybe he is in love, in his own twisted way) ! Well done Abbhas !

Barun and Sanaya - again saved the day for CV's. I  did not like Barun's outfit and didn't think he looked too good in it..it was too stiff and oversized. Again PH being cheap by providing both these actors with ill fitting clothes. and tacky accessories. Sanaya cud've looked better ...with better jewelery etc. Somehow Payal's ensamble looked better.

I wish CV's /PH paid more attention to the details of this show as they used to at the start . They have limited all their scenes inside the RM for the most part and reduced the number of important characters that added an interesting dimention such as Buaji and NK. I am tired of watching Nani up to her tricks and Mami up to her melodrama. They are becoming so repetitive.

Now I simply watch this show for Barun & Sanaya. I used to watch it for way more reasons once upon a time.

Edited by pacsun - 03 April 2012 at 11:45pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rita.CJWMRK

shanu.ami Senior Member
shanu.ami
shanu.ami

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:07am | IP Logged
First i thought that i will be mad at u for bashing the whole serial, but later i feel sorry for it, Cry, beautiful narrationClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JWMRK

LuvBarunSanaya IF-Dazzler
LuvBarunSanaya
LuvBarunSanaya

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Beautifully written Clap Loved it..

JWMRK

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by smitar

The moment ASR went on stage, the air seemed to thicken. Made me sitting on my sofa in my living room, clutching a pillow to control myself, hyperventilate!

The innocence of Khushi's love and the angst of Arnav's...all beautifully portrayed. I didn't like her snide remark about her death being the worst thing for Ranjha & the best for ASR.

On Sangeet night, ASR told Khushi, "Lagta he, mere bina tumhari koi baat nahi banti..." Today, he & we realised that this is true for him too.

Khushi was scatter brained and clumsy on stage before he came. But the minute he admits his insecurity & need for help, Khushi changes into a confident Heer who has the support of & needs to support her Ranjha. She starts delivering dialogues made up at that very moment, not forgetting to chide the audience that was questioning their love.

The ASR who tried to play the role of Ranjha became Arnav. He gave himself away with his Farak Nahi Padta He trademark statement. And i don't know if Ranjha was ever cruel to Heer in words or actions. But Arnav, who was apologising for it, most definitely was cruel to Khushi.

Nani wanted Arnav to realise his heart's desire and admit it. She got what she wanted. Khushi got more than she bargained for & less than she hoped for.

Arnav needs to go down on his knees & thank his Nani for giving him an opportunity to voice all that he had been hiding for months, realise that his fight against falling in love had failed dismally, and to admit to himself that his love for Khushi is unconditional. That regardless of what she has done or not done, he still loves her and can't do without her. I think this realisation is very imp for Arnav. It explains (to him & to us) why he married her instead of threatening her & pushing her out of Delhi or India. It explains why he lost the fight to keep a distance from her after marriage. And why he felt hurt each time he hurt her. And why he has to work so hard to remind himself of the terrace scene again..and again...and again just to keep the dying embers of his hatred going.

hey many thanks smitaBig smile

how are you..

the question very rightly so Smita is if she can chide the audience for not understanding that love is expressed though the eyes,...how an she not get clued in to the plain love and desire in ASR's eyes.

yup the faraq padta hai was a total give away

hmmn I dont know if Naani wanted Arnav to realise his feelings...why would Naani doubt Arnav after the marriage...unless she has seen or is told something to doubt him.Confused

As to Arnav going down on his knees...the only person he needs to do that to is Khushi...for a proposal...else he seems to have done much more for practically everyone around than what he has got in return.

Cheers!Big smile

Edited by JWMRK - 04 April 2012 at 1:05am

smitar

Rita.C Senior Member
Rita.C
Rita.C

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 1:02am | IP Logged
ClapClap

JWMRK

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lexaxel

I dont have much to say abt the scenes...like u I was scared it was going to be tacky and it was...everything was, except for the saving grace Khushi & Arnav. They always manage to rise above it all...all markings of good actors.

Just wanted to say you've summarised it beautifullySmile.

hey thanksBig smile

Yup these two seem to be the saving grace these days...wonder what the production house would have done with less consummate actors.

cheers!
JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nancynair

Loved your post.
My feelings exactly

hey thanksBig smile

happy to be on the same page

Go to top