Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Heer dances Arnav cries, Khushi Qs? ASR replies

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 9:48pm | IP Logged

Hi All

I started watching the episode with a tentative feeling of one of my most cherished male character turning into a wimpy loverboy...The tentative feeling turned into slight irritation when you saw one of Hindi Cinema's defining movie reduced yet again to cheap slapstick comedyOuch...No...you don't do that to Sholay...you don't do that to arguably the best written fiction and dialogues in Hindi cinema (given the context when it was released and given its repeat value even now)...It turned for the worse because another cult classic on love, Mughal-e-Azam met with the same fate...Most of this forum's members or in some case even their parents were not born when Mughal-e-Azam was released...but it you need to see passion...just bold no holds barred passion (given those times) do watch the feather scene in Mughal-e-Azam.

So after a few minutes of the above...Khushi trips once again on stage (why always the trip...don't knowConfused)... in front of once again, cheaply shot and ridiculously assembled background crowd...who in no civilised society (forget high class, middle class, low class) makes those kinds of statements on contestants in a fancy dress competition...Indians are not that uncouth yetEmbarrassed...and thankfully understand the context of a simple social event like a fancy dress competition.Big smile

Meanwhile, the assorted set of relatives of Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada...as usual give the assorted expressions each (save alone the ever reliable MamajiSmile)...displaying once again their lack of grasp of most serious scenesThumbs Down...so you get the same old, confused reactions, or tears streaming down followed by insane smiles and laughter and a variety of scowls...

Meanwhile, in background you have a much older woman ...[who created such a fuss over the hemline of her grandsons Western world situated ex-girlfriendand an even bigger fuss over why her grandson shut up (very rightly soClap) a bunch of gossip mongers who ate his food and then spat on his new wife]...thinking its OK to send that same newly acquired daughter in law ...one again...in front of their friends and a list of uncouth society types.Ouch

Then, much against the wishes of yet another petulant, self-absorbed, lack of any "real priorities in life" relative...this time NaniOuch...the grandson has to yet again save his wife from public shame and slight.LOLLOL

All of the above reminds me why I don't watch Hindi serials ...or at best watch them for a month or so...Ouch

And then Arnav Singh Raizada stepped on stage...

And reminded me why I watch IPPKND for more than a monthEmbarrassedEmbarrassed despite the lack of any continuity, contemporary characterisation or plain good love despite of circumstances theme this serial is increasingly falling prey to.

Heer speaks

Loved Sanaya Irani's projection of the various shades of HeerClapClap

Loved Khushi's on the spot thinking of appropriate dialoguesClapClap

I had almost thought she was Khushi speaking...but no such luckLOLLOL...because Hail the great CreativesLOLLOL...despite sharing a loaded eye-lock with her husband.....Khushi immediately followed it with the perceived cute, sarcastic comment that aap ke zindagi ki sabse achhi ghadi aa jayegi...hum mar jayenge....No problem...continue the yo yo...there we go againLOLLOLLOL

Arnav cries

All this while, Arnav Singh Raizada...watched intemittantly thinking why the hell he is on the stageConfused to getting genuinely drawn in the beautiful eyes of his wifeEmbarrassed...till the dialogue that she will die hits home..Embarrassed

This is not Heer dying...this is once again the familiar hollow feeling when he was crazily running behind an ambulance...Khushi may die!!...So then how can I live?Embarrassed

And Arnav re-emerges...stark, emotionally drained, defeated yet again...hopelessly in love...with the most direct dialogues (once again signature ArnavClapClap) and straight from the heartEmbarrassedClapClap...what a brilliant transition from ASR to ArnavClapClap

Khushi ek baar aankhen khol kar mujhe dekho'..main tumhaare bina ji nahi sakta

Main tumhe chod kar chala gaya'apne mun ko behlaa raha tha

Jab jo kiya jo kiya koi matlab nahi

Kisi cheez ka koi matlab nahi

Agar tum nahi to main nahi

Main hamesha hamesha tumse

Yes ...yes I get it Arnav...have always got it ...and I stand by it.Embarrassed...there is love in this story and more often than not it is conveyed loud and clear in your actions and wordsEmbarrassed...The essence of Is Pyaar ko kya naam doon.Embarrassed

Khushi questions

You care for him ...you know that KhushiEmbarrassed ...never mind the Creatives have not done a great job of showing it...He loves you...by now you should know that too...if all the past was not proof...you just said it yourself... that you don't need words...its in the eyesEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Then why question him...coz you have the most expressive eyes in front of you each day...conveying exactly how much he loves

More proof..."farak padta hai"..."main manesha hamesha tumse"...So yes you were right that it was not Ranjha, but Arnav Singh Raizada speaking...

Then why the discomfort...why cant you tell him that you care too...

Today for once I felt its not just ASR who has an ego...you have an ego tooEmbarrassed...who speaks first...who confesses first...who bends down first...Does it really matter now...you who are supposed to be the more sensitive of the twoEmbarrassed

If he has a lot of explaining to do...so do you Khushi...make no mistake...so do you...does the name Shyam ring a bell?Embarrassed

ASR replies

Yahaan na sahi, shayad kahi aur ek duniya hogi, jahaan tum aur main milenge

Kisi jhoot ka kisi sach ka'.koi matlab nahi

Jab jo Bura kiya, uska koi matlab nahi

Jab jo Bura kaha, uska koi matlab nahi

Yes ASR...I still love you...but while I love you ...I love integrity moreEmbarrassed

These lines deserve claps...sound poetic...but only thatEmbarrassed...life is much above it...much more real

No one has seen if a heaven or hell exists after death...because we are deadEmbarrassed...but heaven and hell exist here...we are responsible for it...each one of us...we create heaven or hell for our fellow humansEmbarrassed

You know you have given hell...now wake up and stop both your lives from plunging into even more hell.Embarrassed

Notes and feedback

a)      Casting director: thumbs down for clumsily assembled junior artistes

b)      Direction: Almost a thumbs down for the earlier sequences and for a myopic representation of society and for taking frequent liberties with Khushi and ASR core character graph

c)      Dialogue write: Thumbs up for each line Heer spoke...and ASR meant

d)     Art Direction: Decide whether this is a high society dinner, or whatever...tables, tapestry, even Heer's jewellry ...tacky and not well assimilated

e)      Sanaya Irani: Despite being saddled again with a yo yo character board...extremely well done in the scenes...especially when heer speaks of her marriage...Kitni meethi hai yeh mithai...kitni meethi hai yeh lines ki delivery...LOVELYClapClapClap

f)       Barun Sobti.....there is no other way to say this...I didn't think you looked great in the sherwani...Am being honestSmile...but you made up and howClap in the acting and dialogue delivery...Hell where did you get that low pitched voice?...laden with emotion and tears...this is how its done fellow actorsEmbarrassed...no brow beating or hysterics...no screaming and shouting... it was the low, haunting cry of a man who has lost everything ...once again GRAVITASClapClapClap...I felt bad not because Arnav cried...but because when will this serial and its makers really give the fictional name ASR its due....Agar tum nahi...to kuch bhi nahi...kuch bhi nahiEmbarrassed

Edited by JWMRK - 03 April 2012 at 10:15pm

The following 74 member(s) liked the above post:

ednarithuparnaArshiraizada12manar-25newipkkjmbooksmerry777nada_aggn_girlbsp0207reianaSajimokShyJiilovesarunstar1315lexaxelminottiGalwayGirlsanchi333nainac01CrazySaRunianAvneilholicserendipity235PinkPariMamijiArnav_Fanshanu.amiawwwwwwwShariqa_hereArchu61Rita.Cfalu73Ace11dillidikudi-Mistletoe-AnnieARSnancynairmerrydockarnavkushiarshiruchikacdcPrasanna_dhanumamidisminihussainDefLeppardmaalooLuvBarunSanayaCyberpsychoooJaponicaamisuvpreetihereBibliobibulusChaituvKeshriyasree07sikhni_Kishmish.Euphoria.ShiningStar18smitarMarybartonLeah1stardust-..Apz..DiamondLifeSillyPepperSunoNa...ChitraFincandescentmomma1128-Preetz-xsumiwestindianriti4uxAaliya

zsewaq IF-Dazzler
zsewaq
zsewaq

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
i loveeed yesterday's episode! it was beeeaaauuutttiiifffuuul!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JWMRK

smitar IF-Rockerz
smitar
smitar

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
The moment ASR went on stage, the air seemed to thicken. Made me sitting on my sofa in my living room, clutching a pillow to control myself, hyperventilate!

The innocence of Khushi's love and the angst of Arnav's...all beautifully portrayed. I didn't like her snide remark about her death being the worst thing for Ranjha & the best for ASR.

On Sangeet night, ASR told Khushi, "Lagta he, mere bina tumhari koi baat nahi banti..." Today, he & we realised that this is true for him too.

Khushi was scatter brained and clumsy on stage before he came. But the minute he admits his insecurity & need for help, Khushi changes into a confident Heer who has the support of & needs to support her Ranjha. She starts delivering dialogues made up at that very moment, not forgetting to chide the audience that was questioning their love.

The ASR who tried to play the role of Ranjha became Arnav. He gave himself away with his Farak Nahi Padta He trademark statement. And i don't know if Ranjha was ever cruel to Heer in words or actions. But Arnav, who was apologising for it, most definitely was cruel to Khushi.

Nani wanted Arnav to realise his heart's desire and admit it. She got what she wanted. Khushi got more than she bargained for & less than she hoped for.

Arnav needs to go down on his knees & thank his Nani for giving him an opportunity to voice all that he had been hiding for months, realise that his fight against falling in love had failed dismally, and to admit to himself that his love for Khushi is unconditional. That regardless of what she has done or not done, he still loves her and can't do without her. I think this realisation is very imp for Arnav. It explains (to him & to us) why he married her instead of threatening her & pushing her out of Delhi or India. It explains why he lost the fight to keep a distance from her after marriage. And why he felt hurt each time he hurt her. And why he has to work so hard to remind himself of the terrace scene again..and again...and again just to keep the dying embers of his hatred going.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

jmbooksbsp0207shanu.amiAce11star1315ShyJiilovesarunlexaxelMsserialfan123nancynairNeemsundariKeshriyaChaituvstardust-JWMRKSillyPepperbones88

minihussain Goldie
minihussain
minihussain

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
well written...loved ur post..Clap

JWMRK

lexaxel Senior Member
lexaxel
lexaxel

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
I dont have much to say abt the scenes...like u I was scared it was going to be tacky and it was...everything was, except for the saving grace Khushi & Arnav. They always manage to rise above it all...all markings of good actors.

Just wanted to say you've summarised it beautifullySmile.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JaponicaJWMRK

nancynair Goldie
nancynair
nancynair

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Loved your post.
My feelings exactly

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JaponicaJWMRK

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Hey I am back in your thread-Big smile .. yes I found other acts apart from Heer ranjha a bit clumsy..the one they could have done without..Thumbs Down..wont waste my time on them..so back to scene I loved the most too.. Ranjha came in form when Heer died...that was arnav speaking his heart out.. and I so felt his emotion..specially when he says last lines...Cry..I could sense his pain..and also felt his pain when in green room he lifted earring...he loves her so much..isnt this love a reason why we all are glued to the show.. Imagine under such Misunderstanding..if he could still love her like that..how strong is his love..he can not see her dying..even in act it seems..and yes khushi does understand his feeling to some extent..that lone tear from her eyes depicted that..and in green room also..she demanded his confession..when will this -first you then I continue..LOL

JWMRK

JWMRK IF-Rockerz
JWMRK
JWMRK

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zsewaq

i loveeed yesterday's episode! it was beeeaaauuutttiiifffuuul!

Hey thanksSmile

Go to top