Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: jamba111

Sari - my thoughts exactly! Perfectly chosen words...used in haste! 😕 

Arnie will never confess without a guard Sari...That is not him...Thats the way he is...When that happens...that will be the end of Arnie's charcter  as we know him...
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sush and All,

To start a  Big  WOW !!!!

Since I have known of the spoiler about a Heer Ranja ArHi show I have been so cynical and sceptical as to how will they show it without destroying the characterisation and context . I am so happy to be proven wrong that the story tellers still have it in hem to turn something so ordinary to extra ordinary.

Yesterday was a convincing act as to how nani managed to con Arnie & Khushi to get involved but with that entire fashion show  cum saas bahu community show with JJWS stuck in the middle I just could not imagine the segement. Thankfully there is a team out there who understands and works beyond my imagination.

Arnie entry on the stage kick starts a Her Ranja show where it is hard to tell  if it is Khushi or Heer and is it Arnie or Ranja. So beautifully blended. Not sure if you guys noted the back ground music. So well tuned to the dialogues and emotions. The last lines that Arnie wispers in her ears ... that to me is my definition of love. "Nothing matters ..what I say or do ..there is only one truth that I always . always..."   If i though the last confession was beautiful then this was better and there are more to come coz Arnie needs to stare into her eyes one day and sy these words to her.

The last scene Sush when Khushi confronts him reciitng his exact lines. Loved her restarined questioning and her frustration . I was so afraid of her OTT tantrums. Done in a very sensitive manner.

Performance Sush.  I'd say Khushi and then Arnie today. The confession was tailor made for Arnie but it was Khushi who impressed me more. Both a indeed the BESt Jodi on television.

LOVED   IT.   LOVED IT.

savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jamba111

the stage to enact a "stupid" love story! ðŸ˜†

5. Precap. W*F? But I'm going to restrain myself here and not do what I accuse the CV's of - namely, have an OTT reaction to a twelve second clip. This might be another head fake like last Friday, or the catalyst to another knock-down, drag-out fight that will have them actually completing a conversation for a change. ðŸ˜•

Though I gotta say, the one thing I've always liked is that their disagreements were kept private. CV's - be very careful...take the dirty laundry out, and you just have a bunch of people holding their noses at the smell. Let's see how they salvage this tomorrow.

PS: What happened to the PayMam act...is that scheduled for tomorrow? Wouldn't that be anticlimactic - like going to a Little League game after watching the (Yankees/Red Sox/Giants/insert favorite team) mop up the World Series? ðŸ˜†

BS - for the love of Mike, shave already!

@jamba- LOL on the Little league reference. I actually thought Arhi will be the last instead they go ahead before Payam.

The 30 sec precap has board going bonkers. The CV's have done a remarkably consistent job of keeping Khushi within her characteristics the last 2 weeks, so I am doubtful it is going to be played out the way  it seems in the precap. I hope sense and sensibility prevails and actual scene turns out to be much different.

Edited by savvy05 - 12 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -Sush-

Arnie will never confess without a guard Sari...That is not him...Thats the way he is...When that happens...that will be the end of Arnie's charcter  as we know him...

Never say never Sush...😉
  • We thought we would never see him in Sherwani/patani?
  • Did we ever imagine him as Ranjha or in the teri meri dance?
  • Did we ever think he would run behind the ambulance?
  • Ever think he would watch her wearing bangles?
The mushy Arnav comes out of his hiding...It's rare but he is there somewhere...ðŸ˜ģ

Edited by --Sari-- - 12 years ago
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Sush-

Sari , Jamba

But the fact is  taht he KNOWS that he bahves badly and says mean things. I am glad he acknowledged it to her unlike the las time when he said it to La unknowlingly.  He has more to go coz when he gets to know the truth about teh MU.  I hope the cvs dont short change u sthere.  I need to see some good repentance there.
docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hugs all... ðŸĪ— The good feelings from yesterday seem very much in evidence, only at an elevated pitch. Always great to walk into a party! 

How many different ways can you say W*F-ery? Too many to count... so I decided to take Sari's 
and Sush's advice from yesterday's epi discussion and abandon rationality and accept it's silly 
season... ðŸĪŠ

Instead, let's try this. At the heart of it, what really worked for me? The final confrontation in the green room - it was true to how I see Khushi and Arnav. Whether that moves the story forward 
or not, I can't say. Based on the evidence of the Holi confession probably not. But at least what 
it reveals of their characters is the reason for me to keep watching. That Sanaya and Barun 
executed the scene flawlessly, certainly helped make it memorable. 

Yet again as with the Holi confession, we see a Khushi who is emotionally fearless taking the bull by the horns, confronting her tortured and complex pati. She backs him down (as only she can!) to stand his ground and give her some answers. With his back against the wall, true to his nature he reveals yet again that he is an emotional coward. The truth of his feelings is only revealed under duress/extreme conditions (whether by intoxication of bhaang or emotional blackmail by a beloved nani to be part of the playact). Yet when he commits to the role, however reluctantly, he comes tantalizingly close to spilling his guts. When the external pressure eases, he scurries back and hides behind his bitter, emotionally closed persona all too easily. Khushi is angry, unhappy and hurt and she lets him off the hook but both pati and patni know he is in full cowardly flight. 

The scene, no matter how stupid the contrivances before it, felt honest and I connected with it 
big time. It leads me to expect that Arnav's confession will not come unless it's virtually a matter of life and death - Khushi's. We've seen how emotional Arnav gets when his Di talks of her mortality. At some point, we'll see that happen with Khushi. They've already set us up for that with the OTT ambulance scene which felt a bit false at that point. I figure When it does happen for real, it'll be an outpouring. For all the times he's bottled this up and denied his feelings, Arnav's closely guarded emotional dam will burst in spectacular fashion. 

So, what's my final analysis? The creators know Khushi and Arnav - warts and all. That these are layered characters is what keeps it interesting. We've seen from the start that Arnav is complex 
but now we're starting to see a lot more nuance to Khushi as well. When the show delivers the 
emotional core of these two honestly, it resonates big time and keeps me coming back for more. But the creators struggle with how to situate that emotional core, how to package it and I mean that both literally in terms of wardrobe (although Arnav Raanjha cut a fine figure today!) and in 
story/screenplay terms. I figure the key to my staying the course with the story, is to try to discard /ignore the trappings and focus on the character sketches. The show doesn't make that easy --- I'm bludgeoned with crappy and repetitive contrivances and the glacial pace can be frustrating as hell. But all told, armed with my new insight, this was a good episode. 😊 The final scene packed a punch and the wallop was worth the nonsense that preceded it!

Tailpiece- Neat execution: Khushi who's a braveheart needs the words and Arnav who believes in evidence won't trust his instincts! Perhaps they should listen more closely to themselves. 
K: Jisko jee jaan say chahte hain, jab usey nazaron kay saamney paatey hain toh aankhein bolti hain, zubaan nahin. Yeh hum jaante hain, yeh aap jaante hain, aise mein sawaal wahi karte hain 
jinhe pyaar kya hai iski hawa tak nahin. 
A: Stop believing everything you see. 
Edited by docgirl - 12 years ago
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: premparbat

Sari , Jamba

But the fact is  taht he KNOWS that he bahves badly and says mean things. I am glad he acknowledged it to her unlike the las time when he said it to La unknowlingly.  He has more to go coz when he gets to know the truth about teh MU.  I hope the cvs dont short change u sthere.  I need to see some good repentance there.

I think theres still a lot of layers to this man. Right now he still beleives what his eyes have seen! He sees things as black and white and this grey area that is the matter of his heart has him confused. I am waiting for the revelation that will be the defining moment of Arnav Singh Raizada in my opinion. 
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: --Sari--

Never say never Sush...😉

The mushy Arnav comes out of his hiding...It's rare but he is there somewhere...ðŸ˜ģ

Point taken Sari...Yes, one should never say never...But what I mean is this...

Remember the 4th promo? Arnie agonizing over not confessing IS a main part of this story...That is woven in his cgaracter...and yes...episodes may some and go...and mushy Arnie may come and go...but what I mean is really owning up to his feelings for her ...That kind of confession...
Not under the influence of Bhang or
Not running after an ambulance when no one was there to watch him...
Not being a part of a show...

None of that...The real confession...when all gurads are down...There is no pretense...and that is the way it is ...

That will come a lot later in the show...

Edited by -Sush- - 12 years ago
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: --Sari--

Never say never Sush...😉

So true Sari! Behind that facade there is a very very very innocent and caring heart! Getting to it though is like finding water in the desert!
Edited by vee05 - 12 years ago
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hiya Sush ðŸĪ—

Nice episode...I skipped the first few minutes and went on to the main part.

Today I noticed Arnav more than Khushi...his expressions when she was saying her lines...affected by it all as if they were Khushi's words, not Heer's.
Later his soliloquy was fantastic...it wasn't Ranjha!!! This was Arnav pouring out his heart like never before...and this time thank heavens Khushi caught on!! She did not question why he said all that...because now she knows and now it is up to her to prod him more and more...enough of the denials and excuses.

I loved the dressing room confrontation too...the way she takes her earring gently from his hand, telling him silently she knows, even though he's hiding his emotions, by hiding that earring.

Sadly, with this stupid MU hanging unresolved, the only way he will openly admit, without denying it later is when she's either dying or gone from his life 

I want this MU gone!!! I'm at my wit's end now...no more patience left for anymore trust building and slowly and surely!!!

@ Sari: Loved your post and fully agree with it ðŸ‘ðŸž

Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago