Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: canuck-umz

But then they had to go and make the blunder of bringing in the foreign raised Maya, stereotyping much? It appears that just to irk us the cvs are even showing her dressing in shorter and shorter clothes. She is manipulative, she sheds her crocodile tears. Damn man! It's like I am seeing a mirror image of myself being a foreign born-raised girl. NOT! The way they have messed with Virat and Viren's characters has pissed everyone off. It's like the 2 brothers had a role reversal. Virat's change I can attribute to his confusion, lack of clarity and pent up frustration of being a nobody in his own eyes and his family's eyes (and rightly so) but this change in Viren's character is not going down well at all. His snarky attitude, snide remarks, where is all this coming from?

Moral policing by the sanskari Viren.
Edited by leavesandwaves - 12 years ago
Hawa-Hawaii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Well i read this post...nd i agree with everythng u hv said...so no arguments...!🤣

Just on ur last line -

In a family of lawyers and judges.. logic takes a back seat.. 

I would like to say instead of the brown bold with - in the world of indian tv...
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Sonali, apologies for writing back so late I just caught up with all the episodes and let me tell you how irked I am with the makers of this show and I totally agree with everything that you have said here.
I think everything that I wanted to say has already been said so I would just like to end with his: Indian television has always been disinclined towards women with 'power'. It can be an educated woman, an independent woman, a working woman or worse yet a woman of substance. And this show is no different, so just color Maya as a black character and give her all the so called 'negative' attributes is cheap and callous on the part of the makers of this show. And to put Maya through that public humiliation all in the name of family honor was distasteful.
So long as the people with XX chromosome are saree clad with a tilak ready to be a door mat, they are the great baratiya nari. I am sick & tired of women's portrayal on Indian television.
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
when I made this post little did I know the whole forum will be one big grand indignation for alternate psyche or POV.. ðŸ˜† gross intolerance..

Just read a sensible and interesting thread by Kavya.. which had some witty retorts too.. but by the time i found time.. that post was closed.. this forum is DOOMED FOR MEDIOCRITY.. and somehow deserves it.. if there is hardly any space to breathe for alternate POVs..

and no one I saw there was really being snarky .. all i read were genuine concerns voiced
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sonali.19281

when I made this post little did I know the whole forum will be one big grand indignation for alternate psyche or POV.. ðŸ˜† gross intolerance..

Just read a sensible and interesting thread by Kavya.. which had some witty retorts too.. but by the time i found time.. that post was closed.. this forum is DOOMED FOR MEDIOCRITY.. and somehow deserves it.. if there is hardly any space to breathe for alternate POVs..

and no one I saw there was really being snarky .. all i read were genuine concerns voiced

I think I will soon be giving up on this forum, but I will give it another chance since Reemz opened up a Jeeman AT thread we can all voice our opinions there without any problems. It appears that people do not know the difference between bashing and constructive criticism argh freaking read a dictionary damnit!!! *pulls hair out*
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Gone through Kavya's post. I found nothing offensive.The comments were too many and I will go through them when I find time.

I feel moderator's job is tough. There are many new shows and they are inviting moderators.

I am all for free speech and that does not mean using abusing language and threats.

Indiaforums will die slowly if they dont encourage healthy criticism and some intelligent sarcasm.
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
that the thing guys.. intelligent sarcasm and constructive criticism are alienating concepts.. only restricted to understanding by a niche sensibility.. 

tbh.. NOT ONE character is behaving even close to their intial sketch or essence.. if i MAY ADD.. thro d last month ONLY DABINDER SINGH CHAWDHRY aka Dabbu had the endearment and reaction i HAD HOPED FOR.. once it was revealed to him about Manu's illness.. the dabbu mannu scenes touched me.. n of  course badi beeji.. apart from that the whole wadera.. partners in rhyme n crime thing is just bizarre 

Should I now be waiting for this post to close by the time I wake up.. LOL.. coz I am saying it out loud and spelling it for those who have any doubts as to my POV.. the new team has clearly NOT DONE their homework with the initial screenplay and sketch.. and is making their own concoction.. which is UNSAVORY.. and thats MY OPINION.. PERIOD.. call it bashing a staff if you will but incompetence has no excuse in the real professional world.. IF may be indulgent to such things.. LOL

Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

Gone through Kavya's post. I found nothing offensive.The comments were too many and I will go through them when I find time.

I feel moderator's job is tough. There are many new shows and they are inviting moderators.

I am all for free speech and that does not mean using abusing language and threats.

Indiaforums will die slowly if they dont encourage healthy criticism and some intelligent sarcasm.

I will tell you what the reason is. There are many members who are 15 years old or younger as in teeny boppers (I believe that is against IF rules because I think you have to be 16+ to join uh oh!) due to this many ff writers don't have much creative liberty (their work is also plagiarized) and these kids think Indian serials are real so they take them way too seriously to the point that they would kill anyone who criticizes their favourite character (even if it's criticism without bashing or abuse). Members also think that their character or couple is the best and if someone else has a different opinion then they are wrong and should be burned at the stake! Their lives revolve around their favourite tv show characters and the actors playing them that these people start worshiping them. This is what our beautiful world is coming too, I feel sorry for this planet to the point where I want to cry about the sorry state the human race has come to or maybe just IF 😛
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Originally posted by: canuck-umz

I will tell you what the reason is. There are many members who are 15 years old or younger as in teeny boppers (I believe that is against IF rules because I think you have to be 16+ to join uh oh!) due to this many ff writers don't have much creative liberty (their work is also plagiarized) and these kids think Indian serials are real so they take them way too seriously to the point that they would kill anyone who criticizes their favourite character (even if it's criticism without bashing or abuse). Members also think that their character or couple is the best and if someone else has a different opinion then they are wrong and should be burned at the stake! Their lives revolve around their favourite tv show characters and the actors playing them that these people start worshiping them. This is what our beautiful world is coming too, I feel sorry for this planet to the point where I want to cry about the sorry state the human race has come to or maybe just IF 😛

Right on the spot.

Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Haila that post is locked? Actually I am not surprised at all. When immaturity meets criticism the result is always unsavory. Having said that I am sure there might have been a few members trying to provoke some fan group. I am a firm believer that there is no smoke without fire. lol