Other Star One Shows

Khichidi does 'not' show a typical...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Jem4Himesh

IF-Veteran Member

Jem4Himesh

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged

the only thing that irritates me is that being gujarati, we are always portayed as being stupid or funny etc (e.g. Kal Ho Naa Ho, Kareena Kareena) and after a while that does get very irritating as people expect us to be like that!

I used to watch khicidi myself (when it was on star plus and it is a great show) but i feel us gujarati's deserve some respect now...thankfully we do get it in the form of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as that is a proper gujarati family (I have a Baa too!) but the only prob is they speak in Hindi and rarely any Gujarati!

Have any other gujju's noticed this? EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Khichidi does 'not' show a typical..." in Other Star One Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Meg_d*

IF-Veteran Member

*Meg_d*

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 9:32am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you about this Jem, but  kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi also deals with gujurati people and so our culture and religion has been given respect there what say?WinkEmbarrassedSmile

Cool_girl_2145

Cool_girl_2145

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:10am | IP Logged
u guys are soo right...i hate it when they insult gujju.....AngryAngry..the way they always present gujju as funny, cheap or stupid isn't true..in real life gujju's are more intellgiant and nice to everyone...PROUD TO BE A GUJRATI..TongueTongueTongue 

Jem4Himesh

IF-Veteran Member

Jem4Himesh

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 6:43am | IP Logged

lol megs thanx for replying n cool girl too... thanx for replying ppl...it took a long time for this topic to get noticed!!!!

yep cool girl ur right: PROUD TO BE A GUJJU!!!

rose82

IF-Dazzler

rose82

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 11 June 2005 at 6:16am | IP Logged
yeah...i too noticed it.they always make gujaratis very funny.its nt like tht.i have been in gujarat for 2 years...and its a lovely place with homely people..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top