youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
It's amazing how rapidly this man's reputation and PR standing are being destroyed. His movies, while still strong at the BO are primarily successful because of the loyalty of his massive fan base.
He seems to be coasting on on his former glory now with nothing new to offer, try as he might.
He's become less a figure of love and admiration than one of noteriety with this nasty PC episode and slapping Kunder.
At his age it will be hard to regain the heights of success if he loses the respect of too many of those old loyal fans, and even within the industry it seems that few people really liked him since now that he's on the downswing many are missing no opportunity to chip away at his status.

This makes a sad but interesting watch to be sure.

What take do the rest of you have on it? Sure he'll stay in the industry but what do you all think the future holds for SRK,  particularly given his admiration hungry character and the way he seems to be losing control of even himSELF lately.
Edited by youknowme - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

youknowme thumbnail
Originally posted by: God.

SRK will go the Rajesh Khanna way... from the heights of superstardom, to acting in C-grade films doing sex scenes in his old age. πŸ˜†

So basically as long as there is gay po*n SRK'll have a job.πŸ˜†
Who cares, nothing with happen to SRK.  Everyone has some rough patches.  If Ra.one, which was such a terrible and hated movie, can still make over 100 crores, he doesn't have anything to worry about.  All he has to do is pick better movies.

Nobody cares about affairs or anything else. The average audience thinks Bollywood is sleazy anyway and they have better things to do than worry about what's happening in celebrity bedrooms. The only ones who care are gossip mongers on forums such as this one.

Btw, the Shirish Kunder slap was hilarious. If you saw Twitter around that time, everyone was clapping and enjoying and making jokes at Shirish's expense.  It did nothing to SRK.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Too early to tell if he will bounce back. I mean Big B had his own fall too. Who knew that he would go from Lal Baadshah to KBC πŸ˜†
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shah Rukh is too big of a celebrity to be truly thrown out because of an affair with a younger heroine. It is scandalous - yes, and damaging to the 'family man' image everyone attaches him to all the time, but nonetheless it is not a big enough deal to have fans denounce him. If anything, this whole incident will have put a cap on his ability to get even more famous. His time as the king is done, he will stick around the industry and will probably be a man of the media rather than the silver screen. 

He will never truly be dumped by Bwood though. Even now, look whose getting shat on the most? PC is it not. 

edited to add:  I find that in the past couple years, Shah Rukh has proved to be the joke of the industry. Especially after seeing his horrendous job as a host for filmfare this year he came off like a insecure clown trying to desperatley hold on to his title as the king. What surprises me is how well received his whole act still was.  Which is why I don't think Bwood will be kicking him out anytime soon.  No matter how many idiotic antics Shah Rukh pulls, there is a large group of fans and industry people who are still fiercely loyal to him.
Edited by TintinleMechant - 12 years ago
youknowme thumbnail
Oh no, I don't think they'll kick him out either. Why would they really? Dumping wives and children for other women seems to be seen as cool, even among younger people (and young women!?) who claim to be pro woman.
It's SRK's spectacular emotional flameout that is his biggest threat.

He is coming off as an insecure, and somewhat vindictive and petty clown, but will he be able to deal with the reality of how that changes his reception by the public and his standing in the entertainment world?

Being king is so important to him and he is seriously hemorrhaging long time fans now.
Edited by youknowme - 12 years ago
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@youknowme: if you are implying that this slow meltdown will culminate in a very public and terrible bitch fit then I wholeheartedly agree. The man is going to freak out, and it will be way more hilarious and telling than even the slapgate incident.  Edited by TintinleMechant - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: God.

SRK will go the Rajesh Khanna way... from the heights of superstardom, to acting in C-grade films doing sex scenes in his old age. πŸ˜†

so what u r saying is, that he will basically go back to his roots ... aka his ''Desi ma'm, English babu'' days ?πŸ˜†

I for one am convinced he's a ticking time bomb bout to explode, I'm looking forward to this public meltdown
1)SRK as host of KBC,KAPPSTH : super fail.He doesn't know how to give respect to someone.I am not Sr AB fan but they way he conducts himself in the public,the way he talks to other is something we all should learn.
I dont like it when some one who doesn't know me addresses me as "tu".

2)SRK's Kolkata knight riders : Fail

3)His home productions like : Phir bhi dil hai hindustani,Asoka,Always kabhi kabhi : Flop
.Ra.one : believe it or not : below avg.
Edited by chalaakomaasi - 12 years ago

I'm seeing another Kaka in him.  πŸ˜†

Edit: Whoops! Redundancy... didn't read God.'s post.  πŸ˜³

Edited by marimbaohidimba - 12 years ago