Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Jessica looks horsy and manly! (Article)

anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Among those who hate Jassi's new look is celebrated writer Shobha De, who expressed her displeasure over the makeover in a television interview recently.

"Jessica looks nothing like Jassi. She is made to look horsy and manly. In fact, it looks like someone has made Armaan look like a woman!" says Mansi Gupta, a software professional hooked to the show after office hours.

Of course, Sony would pay put to brush this response off as an aberration. But a survey reveals otherwise. The viewers are angry, disappointed and some even inclined to shift loyalties.

"Jessica is distinctly uncomfortable in her new look. And why has she been made to dress in those rags?" says 20-year-old Akshita Puri.

"She looks very made up and her innocence is lost beneath layers of make-up," says 22-year-old Anita Shivpuri.

"We want our sweet little girl next door back instead of Jessica," laments Shubra Sharma.

Yet another Jassi fan says the new look makes him feel jilted. "Jassi looks like a zombie now. It seems as if she's sleeping all the time. This makeover has done no good to her," he adds. Another says, "The new Jassi is not the same girl we could all relate to. She used to look so much better in the Asian paints advertisement. Also, the modelling profession just doesn't suit her."

And here's the worst:"She looks like Amir Khan in Coke's Manno bhabhi commercial!"

So, what went wrong? Seema Khan, who has designed Jassi's clothes, is unwilling to accept this viewpoint. She says she earned lakhs after she did the Jassi makeover and even vacationed in Malaysia with family.

"The makeover was planned with a lot of care. Queenie had appointed me for it. I gave her 21 outfits in a month flat. Jassi had that typical Indian look. At that time, she had put on too much weight. So we decided to give her a gradual make-up. I started with flowing kurtas and embroidered churidars. Light colours suit her. I think the outcome is terrific. Jessica looks lovely." According to her, the difference between Jessica and Jassi is like between "heaven and hell."

Monisha Megamwala, Jassi's hair stylist opines that her new look is "very radical." She says of the makeover experience: "We all sat down to discuss what needs to be done about her look and I was asked to do her hair. She was very excited when her hair were cut. She had beautiful hair. I just layered and coloured them. Her hair has different shades of brown - very biscuity shades. We have cut them twice after that."

The official versions, money spent and the effort put into the makeover notwithstanding, Sony would have us believe that it was an altruistic exercise. Says channel V-P Tarun Katyal: "Jassi is not about looks. It's more about substance. It is the confidence of this lady that is most critical to us and not her looks."

According to him, the change of image happened because of Jassi's willingness to move on and the makeover "was not to earn money." What's more, he insists there's no money factor involved in shaping the show's most awaited event, and that despite the large number of professionals involved in giving Jassi a facelift.

But did the makeover go as planned? We asked Sunil Lulla, the man who started it all as Sony's ex executive VP. "The makeover has gone as per the book. It's just that it was delayed by the channel."

Whether the viewers like the change or not, Sony has decided that Jessica will be the nation's darling and quotes statistics that show a ratings rise from 3.5 to 5.5-6 post makeover.

The new Jassi is now ubiquitous on special shows, both off and on screen, one being the Miss India pageant.

So much for an ugly duckling getting uglier!

Edited by Princess - 23 April 2005 at 2:49pm

KiRaN_K Goldie
KiRaN_K
KiRaN_K

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 9:55am | IP Logged
OMG!!! people are sooo mean! i diagree with these poeple to the fullest!!!Dead...how can they say that about her! so rude!Angryi understand if they don't like her new looks but calling her horsy and manly is too the extreme!!! why don't they just stop watching the show?...sry but i do not like this topic!( no offense)
**ShInE** Groupbie
**ShInE**
**ShInE**

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 9:57am | IP Logged
THAT IS REELLLLLLY MEAN....gosh hueva sed that bout jassiii...bet theyre jus jealous coz they dont luk good!!!!!!!!! uhhhh i h8 ppl like dat!Angry
vishakha Goldie
vishakha
vishakha

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Seema Khan definitely needs therapy. She is totally confused between heaven and hell
**ShInE** Groupbie
**ShInE**
**ShInE**

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 10:02am | IP Logged

sorry but i have to typa agen that these ppl are ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY STOOOPID.........HOW CAN THEY SAUY THA....SHE IS WAYYYY PREETY....N ITS NOT LIEK SHES OVADUN...SHES SIMPLE, AND PURE.......ID LIKE 2 C HOW PREETY THESE PPL ARE,

I HAVE TO SCREAM....SORRY......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAngryHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDeadHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(PUNCH PUNCH IN THEIR FACES)HHHHHHHHHHAngryDead

anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 10:17am | IP Logged
I agree that people shouldn't be so mean. That's why I posted this topic here to know your opinion.

My opinion is that the dresses she is made to wear on the show are very outdated and just doesn't suit her body. She looks awfully gawky. Her hairstyle is also not properly done. I mean look at the photos on her personal website. They show a much better Jassi/Jessica.

I blame T& D and their makeover team. I love old Jassi and real Mona Singh.

Look at the difference between Jessica and real Mona Singh below
1. Jessica
2. Mona Singh
celina Groupbie
celina
celina

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 10:36am | IP Logged
the ppl sayin dat jessica is ugly dun have a gud taste.... n sumthin is screwed up with em!!! Dead
ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 10:40am | IP Logged

Agree with you all... it is very easy to find flaws in something, but very difficult to appreciate something that is not of one's tastes. If Jassi does not look how thay imagined she would, they've been just finding flaws with it.. but the choice of words is really bad here. It is mean!

Jassi looks refreshingly pretty to me.

Go to top