chillyflakes thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

There have been lots of speculations and introspections on ''WHY ANGAD CRIED?'' Not that I think myself to be Ekta Kapoor's Scrip Writer or something, but since quite a few of you have been debating on why our dude cried, I am posting my views on it! I would also request Nitica, Sonynyu and Sugar and of course all the others, to come forward with their views and thoughts on this, I am sure they would be having a very good set of reasoning on why Angad cried that night! Anyways, here's my take on it!

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------

Firstly and fore-mostly, something on Angad! He is a truly different guy, his character is actually, ''zara hatke'' from the rest of the crowd. Angad is a sensitive and intelligent guy, whatever his outward appearance might indicate, he is not dense, or dumb like most of the male characters that Ekta conjures up! Angad might appear or ''act up'' to be insensitive, brash and reckless, which he is, in some aspects, but his basic nature is that of a perceptive, receptive and vulnerable individual, a man who can understand other's emotions and feelings, very well….but he chooses not to, deliberately and knowingly, because that is way he is, no explanations or reasoning for that….its his Life afterall! Hence, the night when Kripa vented out her ire against him and told him how he had broken her hope and spirit in just one go, the realization hit home in one instant! Angad immediately connected to Kripa's misery, heartache and anguish. If Angad had no belief or credence in the concept of love, he would have just told Kripa to shut up and take a walk, and not listen to her ranting quietly. Also, Angad would have never asked Kripa, ''Tum jaanti hi kya ho pyaar ke bare mein?'' If Angad is asking a girl like Kripa, of what she knows of love, that obviously indicates that he is aware of ''such feelings'' as ''love'', its just that he chooses not to espouse it.

Secondly, Angad is definitely and most positively attracted towards Kripa, and the pull is not corporal / physical / bodily attraction, it is based on a strange emotional connection that he feels towards Kripa…..love never needs any interpretation, does it? It just follows its own logic, its own calculation and its own reckoning, it carves its own path, without paying heed to the ''rights and wrongs'' of life! Hence, Angad not just feels a powerful attraction towards Kripa, he actually recognizes it and understands it, but of course he is in a denial mode, he will never acknowledge the fact that (to himself or to anyone else) he is madly attracted towards a woman, who had the gall to slap him infront of the whole world. Hence, when Kripa told him that she was once so much in love with Angad, he realized what he had lost his love even before he could achieve it. Angad realized that there is a girl who loved him truly and from the depths of her heart, but before he could even realize the fact, he actually lost her….hence, the tears - of regret, of lament, of remorse, of resentment, of guilt, of repentance, of shame, of sorrow, of distress!

So Gals, now that I have bored you to death with my analysis on Angad's tears and have confused you even more (lol) in one line, Angad cried, because the dude realized that Kripa truly loved him and seeing her hurt and shattered, because of him, broke his heart into pieces and the tears flowed……….but that was just momentary, since years of conditioning and upbringing cannot change human nature in one day. Angad has been brought up to be harsh, unfeeling, insensitive, ruthless, unsympathetic and callous….hence, when Angad was back in his own room breaking his drums, he forgot all about Kripa's heart-breaking sermon and just thought about his revenge against her, but then again the same night, he could not take his eyes off Kripa........Angad is completely jumbled up and confused about his feelings for Kripa, and whenever he does realize what he actually feels for her, he immediately goes into denial mode, refusing to listen to his heart.

Something slightly off-note here, there is a very thin dividing line between Love and Attraction, because both of them intermingle and overlap each other constantly. One thing is for sure, Attraction does not necessarly transcend into love, but love on the other hand will always have a base in attraction! You have to get attracted to someone to fall in love with that person!

Hence, as of now, I think that Angad is ''Attracted'' toward Kripa, and it is an attraction which is / will eventually venture towards love, as for Kripa, she was in ''love'' with Angad, a love which was based on her irrational attraction towards his ''screen persona'' which has now fallen flat on its face, but the love still lingers on..............

PS : This post was in particular for Kool Kariya's PM to me! Hey buddy, hope you are not tearing your hair in despair after reading my answer to your query!!!

Edited by chillyflakes - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kool*kariya* thumbnail

hey chilly

no im nt tearing my hair in despair after reading you great thoughtful long post😊

well 1st of all thanx 4 da reply.......................it probably took u ages to type dat but thanx😊

well i agree with da fact dat he doesnt luv her but is attracted to her BIG TIME!!!!!!!! and is damn confused bout his feelings......cant wait 2 see dem on monday when dey'll b bac doin their rehersals i wonder hw they'll react after wot happened.

cheers

kariya! 

sa*ra thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

k ...althou i'm not the 'sugar' chillyflake is referring 2 .. lol ...here's my opinion ...

1stly i agree wid chillyflake abt angad not being the person he appears 2 b ...he is sensitive but more so insecure

...i say 'insecure' becos i see his qn-ing kripa ...which i recall as being "tum jaante kya ho mere baare mein" ..as indicating that he seeks 2 please n his knowing that kripa doesn't like him ...is confusing as after all every1 'loves n seeks the attention of angad!'

plus (n pls correct me if i'm wrong in my recollection) he said 2 mannan wen in the reception of the studio (just after the phone call of 1 girl n the actual appearance of another wanting 2 go out with him that evening) he said 'mein dil 2 nahin tor sak-ta tha' ...which indicates that althou he doesn't believe in the meaning of 'love' he cannot hurt any1s feelings ..not intentionally anyway ...n 4 this reason, i think, angad cried ...becos he realised that he had in his careless actions, actuali hurt some1's (kripa) feelings

...his not believeing in love, 2 me is a reflection of his upbringing ...which has been unloving n non-caring ...therefore he cannot begin 2 believe that such a feeling truly exists becos he has never felt it b4 ...nonetheless he appreciates the feeling of hurt n breaking-of-dreams becos that is something he has personali experienced

..thats my opinion ...n i apologies if i'm not making sense (nothing new there!) ..n if i 2 hav confused some of u 😳

Edited by sugar sweet - 19 years ago
|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i agree with chillyflake - he was hurt when he realized that unknowingly he had shattered kripa's life n heart...he also i think has some attachement to kripa which he needs to figure out n that atraction made him feel hurt when he saw kripa in distress due to him...
meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: chillyflakes

Angad cried, because the dude realized that Kripa truly loved him and seeing her hurt and shattered, because of him, broke his heart into pieces and the tears flowed……….but that was just momentary, since years of conditioning and upbringing cannot change human nature in one day. Angad has been brought up to be harsh, unfeeling, insensitive, ruthless, unsympathetic and callous….hence, when Angad was back in his own room breaking his drums, he forgot all about Kripa's heart-breaking sermon and just thought about his revenge against her, but then again the same night, he could not take his eyes off Kripa........Angad is completely jumbled up and confused about his feelings for Kripa, and whenever he does realize what he actually feels for her, he immediately goes into denial mode, refusing to listen to his heart.

First of all Chilly i would like to say...that was a really great post!!!

I agree with you...I think he cried cuz he found out that he hurt Kripa and all she ever did was love him.  I would love to see the show of KYPH when Angad actually listens to his heart!

anonmember thumbnail

Well, I actually thought he cried because he realized that someone loved him. No one in the Khanna family cares about him as a human being. To them, he's just there source of income and fame. The only person who truly cares for Angad is Dadiji but she doesn't live with him.Angad's had a number of girlfriends, but most of them want to be famous like Angad ie. the girl Kripa saw Angad with in the outhouse. He's just there one-way ticket to stardom.

I don't think Angad loves Kripa just yet, mainly cause he doesn't know the meaning of love. I would like to see a gradual change in Angad's character because it would be more convincing. Sometimes egoistic and spoiled characters change so quickly and the little nuances that made the character attractive and interesting disappear.

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonynyu

Well, I actually thought he cried because he realized that someone loved him. No one in the Khanna family cares about him as a human being. To them, he's just there source of income and fame. The only person who truly cares for Angad is Dadiji but she doesn't live with him.Angad's had a number of girlfriends, but most of them want to be famous like Angad ie. the girl Kripa saw Angad with in the outhouse. He's just there one-way ticket to stardom.

I don't think Angad loves Kripa just yet, mainly cause he doesn't know the meaning of love. I would like to see a gradual change in Angad's character because it would be more convincing. Sometimes egoistic and spoiled characters change so quickly and the little nuances that made the character attractive and interesting disappear.

this is wat i exactly thought.....he cried may be coz he felt that he has lost true love!

meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonynyu

...hummm..I never thought about it that way!!!

queen-bee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wow!! Chilly, very well said!!!!👏 

I feel we are used to prima donna's crying away basically they are the weep-o-rama so we were shocked when we saw Angad shedding tears...........................Gosh!! what a complex scene and both Angad and Kripa did full justice to the scene!! kudos!!

Angad is potrayed as a very confident man who has both passion and purpose but no love in life. He is very sensitive yet has profound belief in his own abilities.He very well knows abt the powers and the effect he has on others.That's why he is harsh and overbearing at times. A guy like him felt intimidated by Kripa who was like a babe in the woods. Angad who was or is still in the grip of the egoic mode of consciousness who identified with the mind and ran by his mind is caught off guard by kripa in the game of heart. When Kripa opened her heart in front of him and told him that she had etched a beautiful picture of him in her heart which is now broken in pieces.He could not take that somebody could love him so much and hate him too. This thought pervaded his being and he is dazed and shaken up .Seeing Kripa's feelings and emotions he also goes through a change and they both make a connection of thought which is so beautifully expressed by both them. Tears roll out of Angad's eyes when  the realization struck that the girl  used to worship him without even knowing him and without any motif. He felt awfully bad as he just shattered that beautiful dream of her's coz he is very tender at heart.

Hope this makes sense.....................

cheers

mink

Edited by mink - 19 years ago
Selina thumbnail

I agree with Chilly.