Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 2:58am | IP Logged

well i will explain steps of compressing, splitting, zipping, upladin, downlaoding and joining video files, this is for everyone's reference, especially for reshma at the time being. hope this helps.

splitting -

After finishing recording a show and making  a video, name it and store it somewhr in ur harddisk whr u can find it.

downlaod the video splitter shareware from here

http://www.boilsoft.com/videosplitter/

and install it

1) click the open button and browse and locate the video file.

2) check the split by selection tab.

3) move the slider bar to see the video frame by frame. then there is a button like { this one . this is used to mark the begining of the video file

4) then press the end button } to mark whr u wnat to end the file then
press split....give a location and name...u can make as many slices and pieces u want and of any size u like.

if the software doesnt support ur video format try this one, which generally supoorts all.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Editors/ All-Video-Splitter.shtml

in this thread i'll continue zipping, uploading , downloading and joining the files again.

give me feedbacks, did i explain well?

Edited by AryanDipikaFan - 26 May 2006 at 3:39am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "splitting, joining and zipping video file" in Special Squad forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 3:15am | IP Logged

Compression -

before zipping the files lets first compress them, so its reduced in size without loosing quality.

download the sofware and follow simple instructions and compress files. even u can compress the whole video first then split to parts.

http://www.brothersoft.com/graphics_design/compression_palet te/alparysoft_lossless_video_codec_21789.html

Edited by AryanDipikaFan - 26 May 2006 at 3:23am

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 3:22am | IP Logged

Zipping -

You can use winzip ( downloadable or automatically installe with xp) or winrar which u can download from net.
winrar is better so lets download it frm

http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

install the software.

the file/files u want to zip select them and right click
and choose compress with rar and give a path , preferably the same folder and the files get zipped. if u wnat to unzip them just click the rar file and say extract to some folder, give a path.

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 3:30am | IP Logged

Uploading -

go to

http://www.megaupload.com/

on right handside top thrs a button select fil to send - browse ur harddisk and locate the file u wnat to upload.

leave ur email id so that if u forget the file link after uploading it'll be emailed to u. give a description of ur file.check "i accept" button.

then when u r prepared click send and wait till it uploads. then after it finsihed uploading it gives a url which u need to make a note of as this is the downloadable link whr ppl will go and click download to download the files.

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 3:35am | IP Logged

finally joining -

after downloading the file in parts if u wnat to join them and make it one single large file then go to

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Editors/ All-Video-Joiner.shtml

and download the video joiner software , it usually supports all video formats.

install it, follow instructions and join video files to amke it one.

widluv2aryan

IF-Dazzler

widluv2aryan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 3:55am | IP Logged
sofia....i have pmed u....do give me exact instructions of the compressin part first...i went to the page u said....but am not very familiar with the installin and stuff... Ouch

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 4:03am | IP Logged
okay one min.

AryanDipikaFan

IF-Dazzler

AryanDipikaFan

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 4:16am | IP Logged

installing a software,

go to the url link and download the software, now its just downloaded but needs to be intstalled to work. double click the downloaded file and usually it asks - "it will install the software on ur harddisk, proceed?" click yes and give a path when it asks u where to save, click yes/no as per as ur wish to create a desktop and task menu short cut etc. then click the installed program and start using it. after installing, the compression software has written help file to guide u step by step, follow it, u shud make it. all the best reshma.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top