CW Channel

Gossip Girl-Blair Chose Dan Over Chuck -now what?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 02 April 2012 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Gossip Girl Spoilers: Blair Chose Dan Over Chuck — Now What?

Blair chose Dan over Chuck and then the show went away for more than a month. During that time, what kind of reaction have you gotten? Some people are pretty mad…
Josh Safran: 
The Blair-Dan camp has been as vocal throughout the whole season as they are now. It was not like, "Oh my gosh, she made that choice!" I believe the audience understood that choice was coming, you know? Also, we cannot change where the stories are going now because the finale wraps in three days. It's that strange thing where you hear from the fans, and some people are very happy and some people are unhappy, and there is really not much you can do about it.

The one thing I can say, though, is that we are very grateful and feel very lucky that people, five seasons in, feel so passionate about these characters and about these relationships. We know that is very rare and we do not treat it lightly. You cannot plan for that. There is no way to engineer that. It's magic.

You just said it isn't as though you can change the direction of the story. But would you do anything differently if you could?
Safran:
 I don't think so, because we are telling the story that we believe in. Obviously, people have different points of view and that is the whole point of… existence. [Laughs.] So we respect and we understand different points of view, but this is the story that we want to tell and that is the story that we are telling.

What's the split of Dair to Chair fans? 50-50?
Safran:
 I would like to think that. It's not like we arrived at Dan and Blair because we thought, "Let's just put them together." We arrived at Dan and Blair because we felt that is where we were going. I would like to think that there is a larger portion of the audience who understands that. There are people who do not like it and, you know, all I can say to them is I'm sorry.

Now that Blair has made her choice, what will her new challenges be?
Safran: 
There are some really fun vintage Blair story lines coming up in her desire to return to her former self, or become an even better version of her former self. One of my favorites coming up is a great Blair and Dan story where they try to find their place in the world as a couple and find it easier said than done.

Does "vintage Blair" means the minions will be back for good? I loved Blair's bridesmaid auditions.
Safran:
 It is definitely along those lines. And the minions do make an appearance in the next episode after Monday's, but what I mean by "vintage Blair," at least in this one case, is that she's going to come up against an antagonist that she sets about trying to change. But that antagonist is actually not a person. It is a thing. I'm excited about it so I don't want to spoil anything. I want people to be surprised.

Getting back to Dair, can you elaborate on the decision to put them together? How far back does it go?
Safran:
 I would like to say all the way back in Episode 4 in Season 1 we knew that they had a connection. We also knew that they were going to be the foils for each other and be aggravated with each other. They would constantly be at odds, but we always knew that when you are at odds, that means there is sort of something underneath, whether you like it or not. We knew that they had this spark and it was there for us to play with, at some point, if we wanted to or not. As the seasons progressed and you saw that relationship deepen, it just became more and more of an understanding between all of the writers that there was something real there between Dan and Blair. Last year, we realized Dan probably had [further] to go to have feelings for Blair because she had been terrible to him for so long, so then came the W magazine story. His feelings awakened first and then were not returned by her — in that moment when she said that she did not feel anything in the kiss, but we knew that he did.

We knew where we were going to go in Season 5 right then. We knew that there was going to come a time where their friendship was only going to deepen and as that friendship deepened, Blair was going to begin to realize that Dan actually had these feelings for her and that was going to actually complicate her life. This season was very much about Blair. Ever since she was a child, we have said since Season 1, she always wanted to be queen, always wanted to be a princess. She finally got that dream this year, and then realized, "Wait a minute, I don't want this dream at allBeing a princess was not what I thought it was going to be. It's like Roman Holiday and I am stuck in a box." Coming out of that dream and into the arms of Dan, that was our goal. Here was this guy who has stood by her and been her friend and supported her. She realizes that he has these really true and honorable feelings for her and only wants what she wants for herself. They found each other.

You mentioned it started with Episode 4 in Season 1?
Safran:
 That was where Blair was dealing with her problems with her mother and the divorce and her issues with Serena, because her mother chose Serena over her, and Dan told her about his parents' divorce and with that they had a bonding moment. It was this one time when he let his guard down and she let her guard down and they actually connected as opposed to her again rejecting him.

I am happy finally Safran admit that Dair was the idea all along and nothing they just randomly put upTongue Blair has always wanted to became a princess and get her fairytale but when she finally got it, she realize she doesnt want that and finds her true prince, Dan. Dair are two poeple who used to hate each other but more they got to know each other, they disovered they had a lot in common and found a real connection.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hopper_oceank-ekta fanArwen...NadiaZ..shootingstar.xx

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Gossip Girl-Blair Chose Dan Over Chuck -now what?" in CW Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 02 April 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
as much as i loved Chair, i always felt it will be a good idea to have a Dair LOL and this feeling goes back to that same episode in season 1 Tongue

whatever happens in this show.. please no dan-serena ... i couldnt stand her season 3 onwards Stern Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shas3..NadiaZ..

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
^Arwen - i think Dan and Serena is pretty much over and they are step siblings so it will be ewww if they ever get togetherStern Smile. Maybe nate and serena but serena

I used to love chair during season 1 and 2 but thats it..from season 3 we could see why they will not work out in the long termTongue.

Arwen...NadiaZ..

k-ekta fan

IF-Rockerz

k-ekta fan

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
2 b frank... i luv all the couple in dis shw... 1 wid the other or any1 else...
I was a crazy fan of Dan-Serena... but wid dair... i find dem hawt now...

shootingstar.xx

IF-Sizzlerz

shootingstar.xx

Posted: 18 April 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
I honestly feel like dan and blair are one of the best things that not only happened to the show but for the characters too. after this, I can't see how the writers will go back to chair and derena. 

Shas3k-ekta fan

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 19 April 2012 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Fellas .. please direct me to the place with Dair avs/siggies Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

k-ekta fan

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana