Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
In this show we have two women who have teenage daughters and both seem to be totally oblivious of the changes that their daughters are going through. Both Aishwarya's mom and Pinky are totally careless about the fact that their daughters are beginning to discover the opposite sex and are going through major personality changes.

Raavi has changed totally in the last few weeks - she's become more obsessed with her looks, acts silly around guys, esp. Siddhu, accepts expensive gifts but Pinky seems to take it all so calmly. Same is the case with Aishwarya's mom, the way the girl looks and smiles at Rocky, it is obvious to everyone that there's something going on, but again Aishwarya's mom seems to be so carefree about it all. Just when they should be most vigilant, the two women are so out of the loop. I like the way Sweety keeps an eye on Rocky, esp. around Aishwarya.

Had Raavi been Sweety's daughter, the entire fight between Raavi and Raashi would never have happened, coz Sweety would've caught on that Raavi is obsesed about Siddhu. Same thing with the perfume fiasco.

Interestingly, Raavi doesn't know how to make tea, but Sweety has Ginny helping her in the kitchen. Sweety is not only more involved with her kids but also grooming them, while Pinky despite all the endearments and blandishments has absolutely no clue about what is going on in her kids life.

What do you all think?

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Jannat786MashiatMimosaLuv4gamesPritam-Dasjeet.prernacdaheerhoneyjakther7Priyank.kooliionycsweetieMohabbateinnashajprerna4rishavSamraat_92Zari_Khan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Teenage Girls and Mothers" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Luv4games

Goldie

Luv4games

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
I agree with you...pinky is encouraging the changes in raavi which is fine but she forgets that too much adaptation to these changes are not good...and she forgets that as a mother she needs to be more involved during these changes...it is fine that raavi wants to dress up and put make up and perfume...but pinky has to make her understand that she needs to do everything in limits because these things can get her the wrong type of attention...

I actually want to see a track with raavi and sidhu dating or at least attempting at it...it will be interesting to see how the parents are going to react over it...

sweety ji is more involved in her kids life which is great...she gets ginny cooking lessons but also lets her do her singing and stuff...

she is careful about rocky hanging out with aish too much and actually does mind her talking to rocky late at night which is exactly how my mom would feel...

but yah pinky should let her kids take more responsibility...i mean how can raavi not know how to make tea or eggs...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

prernacda-Purva-ashajPriyank.kooliioSamraat_92Zari_Khan

smrth

Goldie

smrth

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Are they so oblivious?More like, both mothers are trying to be more open and confidante with their daughters. Aish's mother is toh openly showing a liberal stance. She knows-Rocky was all the way to Jaipur. She acts friendly with R. Tactfully she does not run him down directly on expensive gift, but do inform his mother. And she appears to be confidant on Aish's discretion...
As for Pinky, she did caution her daughter. Asking directly; had there been anything untoward ? Or taking her into confidence, she can tell her anything as a confidante...now will these all remain blandishments only, not checking Raavi actually, is another matter-yet to be seen ( and most likely yes, adolescent crush appears a topic on card).

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Savia-Purva-ashajpallavi25Priyank.

akash08

IF-Dazzler

akash08

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged
I am not sure why Aisharya's mom is being dicussed in the same category of Sweety and Pinky.. Unless they show a major twist in her character (and this is the problem of commenting on some character in a soap.. they can abruptly change the character anyday and then u can look stupid!!), she is clearly interested in flirting with young kids.. a typical behaviour out of loneliness in married life.. When she herself is interested in flirting.. she does not stand much chance in controlling her daughter even if she wants to..

Personally I find Aisharya quite matured who can handle herself unlike Rocky and Rabi who forgets everything around because of infatuation.. I do not mind anyone falling in love at this age as long they know life is not all about this.. If Rocky would have studied with same seriousness and got same good marks he used to get before - I hardly care if he speaks for hours with Aisharya or not.. the problem is when someone neglects his/her study.. career and get completely blown away by opposite sex.. these guys then stand no chance other than being a grand loser !!

Edited by akash08 - 01 April 2012 at 5:25am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sna004-Purva-ashajPriyank.Samraat_92

Luv4games

Goldie

Luv4games

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akash08

I am not sure why Aisharya's mom is being dicussed in the same category of Sweety and Pinky.. Unless they show a major twist in her character (and this is the problem of commenting on some character in a soap.. they can abruptly change the character anyday and then u can look stupid!!), she is clearly interested in flirting with young kids.. a typical behaviour out of loneliness in married life.. When she herself is interested in flirting.. she does not stand much chance in controlling her daughter even if she wants to..

Personally I find Aisharya quite matured who can handle herself unlike Rocky and Rabi who forgets everything around because of infatuation.. I do not mind anyone falling in love at this age as long they know life is not all about this.. If Rocky would have studied with same seriousness and got same good marks he used to get before - I hardly care if he speaks for hours with Aisharya or not.. the problem is when someone neglects his/her study.. career and get completely blown away by opposite sex.. these guys then stand no chance other than being a grand loser !!

I also agree with u that aish is very mature...I think the reason for that is because her parents are always busy and not as involved in her life as the other kids so she had to grow up much faster...I have seen that happen many times...sometimes they kids get worst and sometimes mature up quickly...but at least aish has the common sense to focus on her studies 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

akash08-Purva-Samraat_92

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 02 April 2012 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smrth

Are they so oblivious?More like, both mothers are trying to be more open and confidante with their daughters. Aish's mother is toh openly showing a liberal stance. She knows-Rocky was all the way to Jaipur. She acts friendly with R. Tactfully she does not run him down directly on expensive gift, but do inform his mother. And she appears to be confidant on Aish's discretion...
As for Pinky, she did caution her daughter. Asking directly; had there been anything untoward ? Or taking her into confidence, she can tell her anything as a confidante...now will these all remain blandishments only, not checking Raavi actually, is another matter-yet to be seen ( and most likely yes, adolescent crush appears a topic on card).

What I found disturbing in the whole conversation between Pinky and Raavi was Pinky telling Raavi that "whatever you think you need to hide from your father, come and tell me everything". She's actually encouraging the girl to keep things from one parent, how much longer before that extends to both? Jeet on the other hand actually went ahead and asked Raavi about her reason for keeping things from him, he also made her question the motive that Siddhu might have had in giving her an expensive gift. That is what I mean by Pinky failing in her duty as a mother.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smrthLuv4games

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 02 April 2012 at 2:27am | IP Logged
I wanted to do an independent post on Aishwarya's mom. I think that both Aishwarya's mom and Pinky reflect an inherent problem with the CVs. They fail to understand the delicate balance between a mother and daughter. For a teenage girl a mother is something more than a parent or just a friend; if the relationship has developed in the right manner then the mother is a guide into womanhood also. Both Pinky and Aishwarya's mom are lacking in this respect.

I think the problem might lie with the fact that the team of writers is predominantly male so their is no female perspective there. I see none of the mother-daughter pairs working as they should be. Even with Sweety her relationship with Ginny is similar to that with Rocky.

Pinky and Rashi don't have a relationship to talk of. With Raavi, Pinky is trying to be a part of her pajama party rather than keeping an eye on her.
Aishwarya seems to have grown up without a mother.

I mean what mother would rather go to an exhibition and leave her teenage daughter with a boy who's traveled from another city to visit her. My mother would've parked herself right there, even today.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smrth

smrth

Goldie

smrth

Posted: 02 April 2012 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chitrashi

Originally posted by smrth

What I found disturbing in the whole conversation between Pinky and Raavi was Pinky telling Raavi that "whatever you think you need to hide from your father, come and tell me everything". She's actually encouraging the girl to keep things from one parent, how much longer before that extends to both? Jeet on the other hand actually went ahead and asked Raavi about her reason for keeping things from him, he also made her question the motive that Siddhu might have had in giving her an expensive gift. That is what I mean by Pinky failing in her duty as a mother.

No. Pinky did not say 'whatever you think you NEED to hide...'. She told, "what you can not share with your father, you can tell me..." look at the difference. Her subsequent talk regarding women to woman dialogues was showing this only; She was addressing Raavi's natural reticence as a girl on those topics, especially regarding female sexuality or physical changes that she would be understandably reluctant to speak to an opposite sex person, be that person her father himself. Though I agree, Jeet's conversation was more analytical and instructive both.

Edited by smrth - 02 April 2012 at 10:08pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Toshibestpallavi25

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.