Afsar Bitiya

A Critique on Post BDO tracks - 21st-30th March

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 30 March 2012 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
My Critique on AB since Krishna became BDO and joined office (21st - 30th March).

This is meant for the creatives in the hope that they come and do read our feedback.

This is what has been going on in my mind since Tuesday (Mar 27th)  when the creatives added so many antagonistic elements in such a rushed manner in one single episode. 

BDP Family: Will they ever be shown as enjoying life with their riches rather than just be standing on terrace or gates to ogle at krishna Raj ?  Instead of trying to distribute the screen time between Useless and lacklustre Pinky character, Bihari, they can just retire them or develop sub-plots around them, give them something to be happy about and retire them. Neeraj Sood  as Bihari Raj is very good at his acting. Then just develop his character convincingly have him scheme against Tuntun Singh for slapping him. No need for him to be reduced to go and collect curd standing at the Vidyapati's gate along with his wife in the name of providing entertainment through a snappy dialogue from Chanchal !!! So lame!!!!

And such a big drama of protesters coming to Krishna's house, planned within seconds, hushed within single episode...Wacko Majority of the viewers didn't even understand where it all stemmed from and what was the need. Of course need was only for the creatives to have media click the pictures for Krishna and Pinto. Was it necessary ? How ?

Tuntun Singh - instead of him making a hardline father creating all kinds of hurdles, now they are turning him into a Psychotic character who just doesn't know whether he has to be stand up for himself, or his family or just be against everyone. I mean they are turning him into a narcissict. Did they orginally plan him to be like that ? Or Shahbaaz is just having to say Arey Ghajab and funny dialogues topped with psychotic behavior so that we are not allowed to forget that he is one of the bad or entertaining element for the show.

Screen Play/Episodic Story - Instead of focussing on Ravi, Pinto, Bihari, Pinky and Tuntun...all trying to have vested interests with Krishna in one or the other manner just as she joins office, the creatives could have spent good time qualitatively this week expanding stories on new faces introduced on 21st March (BDO office) and new DC introduced on 27th March. Almost all of them introduced are enough to create a chain of problems in Krishna's professional life for us to keep entertained for atleast for a month before Krishna lands into conflicting interest issues with family members and Personal entanglements.
Key question is...Was it really necessary that
Ravi, Pinto, Bihari, Pinky and Tuntun ...all five had to have part in a plot to justify "ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME" ; ROME being Krishna Raj. Can these character wait until Krishna settles down in her new role ?
Did the creatives actually see how their too many color dabs are spoiling the painting...

Protagonist Tracks:  Reapeating as said above.
The creatives could have spent good time qualitatively this week expanding stories on new faces introduced on 21st March. Almost all of them introduced are enough to create a chain of problems in Krishna's professional life for us to keep entertained for atleast for a month before Krishna lands into conflicting interest issues with family members and Personal entanglements.

Parallel tracks or Supporting Tracks could have been developed with 1) Ravi's increasing pride around what he can achieve using his sister's clout through his interactions with his boss at his workplace and not the boss coming straight to the house. 2) Growing antagonism between Tuntun and Pinto and Pinto deciding to establish his own identity. My biggest disappointment is that Creatives are hell-bent to make Pinto ...as their TRUMP CARD for TRPs and so they will never develop him as a proper character but reduce him to LAFUABAAZ as long as the going is good for the show and when Krishna track starts getting boring or TRPs drop, suddenly show Pinto donning the role of "I am NO LAFUABAAZ and now WILL SPEAK for MYSELF"...which may JUST LAST for ONLY COUPLE of EPISODES. So he is never going to have a character of his own and will be managed as per viewer demands!!

Pinto Singh - a shadow of krishna Raj ?  I mean seriously can the creatives not think of running Pinto and Krishna tracks in parallel and have Prishna scenes restricted to Phone calls or like friendly meet ups for sometime as they individually start progessing on their professional journeys... instead of showing then together on screen where Pinto is reduced to be the driver and bodyguard of the successful female protagonist, just for purpose of keeping viewers happy for Prishna moments in the daily episodes and serving their other purpose of having Tuntun yell at Pinto for acting like a puppy around Krishna for mid week Wednesday drama?

Do we really need this kind of bad drama ? Are we so lame to buy this cheap drama ? What are the creatives making us think about ourselves and the characters that we would like to love so much ???

Edited by shridevigaddam - 30 March 2012 at 7:25pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

sohan12345sureeshaParm.frozen.devilmoksha89kaveriLaila2009SamanalyseAngeloScuroApoorvaFan-SilverDragon-moniluvskinshukPrishna_DBPS

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Critique on Post BDO tracks - 21st-30th March" in Afsar Bitiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 30 March 2012 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Interesting analysis. I do not think the writing team really had enough material at this point. The show was very well written and then appears to have lost itself. It does seem rushed and not sure where it is going. It's responding to TRPs rather than what the writers actually brought to the table during the first three months. The problem is Zeetv and not the writing team. They are often under pressure to do things at the last minute. They've even been pressured to write scripts on the set. 

There's a lot going on with this show and we're not sure where the writers want to go. Interesting points. I am going to send this link to the writer of the show...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Parm.frozen.devilkaveriAngeloScuro0-SD-0

moniluvskinshuk

IF-Sizzlerz

moniluvskinshuk

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
@Shri

nice Post . I aggree with ur Parallel tracks of Pintu and krishna . I really want 2 see it . i hope and wish that Pintu laving TTS Mansion was not just a gimmick played by Ct's for TRP's . I hope they actually show pintu struggling for his identity and making his own identity tht2 before his marrige .

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Parm.kaveriAngeloScuro0-SD-0

moksha89

IF-Dazzler

moksha89

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
RES

(in middle of work, but shall comment once opportunity arises)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AngeloScuro0-SD-0

AngeloScuro

IF-Rockerz

AngeloScuro

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged

Shridevi I agree with every point you have touched upon. Furthermore I would like to add, I do not understand the need to change tracks due to popular demand thereby going with the majority leaving common sense behind and making the story derail its true course the producers aimed at. Therefore things like leaving Pintu's track wide open for the express purpose of inducing these popular demands into the story is very unsatisfying to me as a viewer, some of which we have witnessed in this show.

Parm.0-SD-0

Samanalyse

IF-Rockerz

Samanalyse

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Shri, this is a wonderful and much needed break down of just what is going wrong. I really hope the writers CVs do get to see this because the problems are still at a nascent stage and no lasting damage has been done. They can still easily rally at this point because all the elements they would need are still fresh in our minds.

Here are some things I feel they could do to fix it, I think:

1. Bring back the dalals. This issue was woefully neglected in favour of Bihari's villain for villainy's sake attack on Krishna. Her move to kick them out was a dangerous one and I am disappointed not to see the ramifications of her highly risky stance. The midday meal thing could have lasted at leat 2-3 episodes, showing exactly what the headmaster was doing and showing a more detailed investigation by Krishna. I get that that is over now, but for future tracks with such issues, more detailed and patient execution is needed,

2. Make Pintu get a job. It is not really realistic for him to start his own business anymore as he does not have the kind of capital and assets necessary, against which to take such a huge risk. He should be shown having some sort of naukri that will allow him to live and save money for his business.

3. Restrict Pintu-Krishna interactions to outside of the workplace. This has already been violated by the precap on Friday but from now on, if it could be adhered to that would be great. All the necessary things could still be achieved and they would actually have a lot more story that way. I am not liking Pintu's contrived appearances at Krishna's place of work.

4. Give BDP a long-term track, rather than episodic capers to get at Krishna. I would love to see Pinky seducing the new DC, who seems as naive as he is idealistic, over a period of time thereby eventually getting into a position of higher power by proxy than Krishna. Besides, I totally want to see them playing badminton together! Wink Pit Bihari against TTS for some time as he has an equally large vendetta there. He can set TTS up for one of his own devious acts against Krishna and everyone believes that TTS did it which brings me to my last point,

5. Give the TTS character some meaty conflict! At this point he seems to be coasting along, like you said, saying funny things and being generally selfish and self-serving. More complexity is needed here for sure.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009AngeloScuro0-SD-0moniluvskinshuk

moniluvskinshuk

IF-Sizzlerz

moniluvskinshuk

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
The two most importent things which I want is which Sam n every1 already said but gonna again repeat it tht Plzzz Want 2 see Pintu's struggle n his fighting 2 make his identity . It would be very very interesting and exciting 2 see Pintu's seperate track simultaneously in detail and by track I mean long track not just of 2 or 3 episodes . Second thing Don't want pintu 2 be around krishna in her workplace or as her driver . it's better not 2 have any Prishna scene rather then seeing Pintu as Driver of krishna . Ct's should remember this that He is very well educted and a graduate and can very well earn and so there is no need 2 show him low infront of krishna or 2 show him as a driver of krishna .

AngeloScuro0-SD-0

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.