TOI:If Srk is bolly badshah,ilb tellys begum-hunar

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

'If SRK's Bollywood badshah, I will be Tellywood begum soon'

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Mar 31, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:HUNAR HALI|Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat
'If SRK's Bollywood badshah, I will be Tellywood begum soon'
Hunar Hali

Hunar Hali - the name might not sound familiar, but think Mili of 12/24 Karol Bagh or Sona of Sasural Genda Phool and you'll know who we're talking about.

This pretty Delhi lass is currently playing the lead role in Colors' thriller Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat. Hunar was in Ahmedabad recently to promote the show and (thankfully she did spare us her Gujarati thaali talk or may be she had no clue about it!). She says, "I'm enjoying the sunny weather of Ahmedabad and the people here are very loving."

About her journey in tinseltown Hunar mentions how she never wanted to be an actor. "I'd come to Mumbai during my semester break (Hunar is pursuing Mass Media studies) and auditioned for a role in a show titled Gruhasthi just casually, and bagged the role in 2006." But even after she got the role, she admits it wasn't easy for her. "I kept getting offers but most of them were supporting roles. It took me six years to get a lead role. However, I feel the wait was worth it and that too for a show, which is not a typical regressive saas-bahu saga." She says, "I have struggled a lot and believe me I shed a lot of tears before I saw the good times roll. Luckily my faith in God, and my parents and friends' support kept me going."

Pretty and attractive, Hunar enjoys "karaoke! A friend has an entire karaoke set-up at her place and we all enjoy. I'm not into clubbing but enjoy house parties. Also, I'm addicted to my phone, I'm constantly on chat with my friends. In fact, my director Nandita Mehra has nicknamed me 'phone-cut'."

This 22-year old also loves to gossip. "My friends and I keep talking about Bollywood and TV industry news big time. I'm usually the first one to tell them pataa hai isne aisa kiya, usne vaisa kahaa - it is so much fun!" So we ask her what is the biggest gossip about this gossip-lover? And she shares with a laughter and glint in her eyes, "You can say if Shah Rukh Khan is the Badshah of B-Town, HUNAR HALI is going to be the begum of small screen soon." This one definitely sounds interesting.

But we insist if she shares something even better, like her relationship status, to which she denies, "I won't comment on it."