Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

TV actors turn host

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Samkadam

Groupbie

Samkadam

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged

Actors of the small screen are now treading the path less explored. Hosting a show is the new agenda on many Tellytowners' list. And why not, if that fetches you the tagline of 'versatile'. And the time has gone when the role of anchoring was only played by a few faces.

Many actors are now donning the caper of an anchor. They are seen hosting reality shows - dance, adventure, travel, relationships et al. Some of the recent actors-turned-hosts seen on the small screen included Sandhya Mridul (Big Decision), Gaurav Khanna (Nachle Ve), Kashmera Shah (Steal Your Girlfriend), Karan Singh Grover (Perfect Couple) and Samir Kochhar (Survivor India); the other actors currently joining the bandwagon are Karan Kundra (Gumraah - The End Of Innocence), Arjun Bijlani (Road Diaries), Sumeet Raghavan (The Late Night Show), Gunjan Utreja (Zindagi Ki Haqeeqat Se - Aamna Samna) and Shakti Arora (Gyan Guru).
Hussain Kuwajerwala too will be back anchoring the upcoming season of Indian Idol. Latest telly buzz suggests that Krushna Abhishek and Kavita Kaushik will be compering the latest season of Jhalak Dikhla Ja.

So what's so fascinating about anchoring reality shows? Says actor Karan Kundra, "Anchoring shows is very convenient as it is not too time consuming. There are no crazy schedules like in a daily soap. As an anchor, I am just being myself. I just say things straight without being manipulative."

For some, anchoring shows has been a childhood dream and slowly things fell into place; while for others it has been a growing ambition. Says Gaurav Khanna, "I have always wanted to host shows right from my school days. The feedback from my first show as an anchor was quite motivating. It instilled my faith in me as an anchor." But for actor Sumeet Raghavan, the story is different. Having hosted a stand up comedy show Jay Hind! on the internet for the last two years, Sumeet is now gearing up for the television version of the same. He says, "Internet takes time to spread its tentacles. The only difference on TV is that this is a much filtered down version; I take gigs in a milder way."

So given the current number of actors on the small screen, has it become important for actors to be seen in different avatars? Actor Arjun Bijlani avers, "I feel I have been on TV for a long time and it is time I explore other arenas. I have always wanted to do something related to action and travel. Such shows help connect with the youth better. And you can be yourself, which is important. Till date, I have done modeling, television, commercial ads, print ads, music videos and performed at award functions. I want to keep doing new things and keep growing as an actor. When I grow old and look back, I should feel that I have done everything."

Actors are exploring their spontaneity and traveling the road less taken. With so many actors turning to being an anchor of a reality show, audiences sure have a wide platter of entertainment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/TV-actors-turn-host/articleshow/12442288.cms

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

KaranKittu4eva.vrshn.Arjuhisisshibzcuttieesreeja_rox

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TV actors turn host" in Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sreeja_rox

IF-Sizzlerz

sreeja_rox

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged
tfsSmile

Arjuhisis

IF-Sizzlerz

Arjuhisis

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 9:05am | IP Logged
thx for sharing the article

magical.Arjuhi

magical.Arjuhi