Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 22

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 1:55am | IP Logged
The answer is Yuyutsu 

My question :

We know that in the 10th  chapter of Bhagavat Gita, Sri Krishna describes  himself as being an embodiment of various elements. For instance, Krishna says, " Among the Vedas, I am Sama, among the Devas, I am Indra"...etc. 

Similarly among the Secrets / Secrecy , what does he describe Himself to be? 

Edited by varaali - 06 April 2012 at 3:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Prashnottaram -Quiz Time *+ (Page 4)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Again, no!  Yudhisthir didn't leave Yuyutsu in charge of Vajra.

Your new question can go ahead, but the answer is Subhadra.  From the first chapter in Mahaprasthanika Parva

Installing Parikshit also on their throne, as king, the eldest brother of the Pandavas, filled with sorrow, addressed Subhadra, saying, 'This son of thy son will be the king of the Kurus. The survivor of the Yadus, Vajra, has been made a king. Parikshit will rule in Hastinapura, while the Yadava prince, Vajra, will rule in Shakraprastha. He should be protected by thee. Never set thy heart on unrighteousness.'

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchvaraali

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Vrish,

Sorry. I was presumptuous enough to think my answer was correct, so I went ahead and asked the next question. In fact I was wavering b/w Yuyutsu and Kripacharya and when you ruled out Kripacharya, I though Yuyutsu was the right answer. 

Anyway, here's  my question once again:

We know that in the 10th  chapter of Bhagavat Gita, Sri Krishna describes  himself as being an embodiment of various elements. For instance, Krishna says, " Among the Vedas, I am Sama, among the Devas, I am Indra"...etc. 

Similarly among the Secrets / Secrecy , what does he describe Himself to be

Go on.. someone take a shot... it should not be too difficult...

Edited by varaali - 09 April 2012 at 7:30am

ShivangBuch.Vrish.

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Vrish,

Sorry. I was presumptuous enough to think my answer was correct, so I went ahead and asked the next question. In fact I was wavering b/w Yuyutsu and Kripacharya and when you ruled out Kripacharya, I though Yuyutsu was the right answer. 

Anyway, here's  my question once again:

Similarly among the Secrets / Secrecy , what does he describe Himself to be

Go on.. someone take a shot... it should not be too difficult...

So happy to see question from Geeta. Do ask more from it. I will be enjoying the quiz.

It is SILENCE. In the matters to be kept secret or kept as secret, the silence itself (which is the essence of such action) is MYSELF (God says).

Maunam Chaivasmi Guhyanam (vibhooti of virtue of silence).

Next question is yours only.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 09 April 2012 at 12:05pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12varaali.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
Beautiful . Excellent. Clap Very good explanation too. Clap I knew you would get it. Clap

ShivangBuch.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

So happy to see question from Geeta. Do ask more from it. I will be enjoying the quiz.

Since you asked for it... here's another one: ( easy..) 

In one of the chapters, Sri Krishna describes an  Ashwatha tree. What is so unique about it? 

(Bonus point if you get the chapter and shloka correct...LOL)

ShivangBuch.Vrish.

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Varaali.Smile

And the answer is:

Chapter 15 Purushottam Yog.

Ashwattham is Peepal tree. And the uniqueness of it in the Adhyay 15 is that it is reverse in its form. Its root is upward and trunk/branches is/are downward. Ulta ped. It is used as metaphor of Sansaar. The Adhyay is often recited after someone's death.

Oordhwamoolam Adhahshaakham, Ashwattham Praahuravyayam..

Later, it has been told to cut that tree with the sword of detachment and we have to transcend beyond Sansaar to reach its root.

Ashwattham enam suviroodhamoolam, asang shastren dradhen chhitva..

As I said, I will not ask for a couple of months since I will have to compulsorily track the thread to see the answers and certify them. Keep asking. I am enjoying.Big smile

Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 April 2012 at 10:43pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12varaaliRadhikerani

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Very Good Shivang !  Clap I will add my explanations a little later

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.