Users

Frequent Posters

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks a lot Varaali.๐Ÿ˜Š

And the answer is:

Chapter 15 Purushottam Yog.

Ashwattham is Peepal tree. And the uniqueness of it in the Adhyay 15 is that it is reverse in its form. Its root is upward and trunk/branches is/are downward. Ulta ped. It is used as metaphor of Sansaar. The Adhyay is often recited after someone's death.

Oordhwamoolam Adhahshaakham, Ashwattham Praahuravyayam..

Later, it has been told to cut that tree with the sword of detachment and we have to transcend beyond Sansaar to reach its root.

Ashwattham enam suviroodhamoolam, asang shastren dradhen chhitva..

As I said, I will not ask for a couple of months since I will have to compulsorily track the thread to see the answers and certify them. Keep asking. I am enjoying.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very Good Shivang !  ๐Ÿ‘ I will add my explanations a little later
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Thanks Varaali.๐Ÿ˜Š

And one more. It is also mentioned in Adhyay 10 Vibhooti Yog of course although I knew that Adhyay 15 only must be the intended answer of that question. In Vibhooti Yog, Lord says, "Among the trees, I am Peepal tree.".
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ShivangBuch

Thanks Varaali.๐Ÿ˜Š

And one more. It is also mentioned in Adhyay 10 Vibhooti Yog of course although I knew that Adhyay 15 only must be the intended answer of that question. In Vibhooti Yog, Lord says, "Among the trees, I am Peepal tree.".

Ashwathaha sarva Vrikshanaam Devarishinam cha Naradaha... (10:26)

Of course I meant 15th chapter in my question. that's why I asked what was 'unique' about it. Your answer was spot on... 
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I Too Would Like Questions From The Bhagwat Geeta.I Can Learn A Lot From It !!
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
My Q, Give 5 good reasons for reading Bhagvad Geeta.
Next Q Give 5 good reasons for following bhagvad Geeta.
Both should be answered in 1 post.
ShivangBuch thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

My Q, Give 5 good reasons for reading Bhagvad Geeta.

1. For Hindus, because it is our Holy book or Dharmpustak (part of the greatest epic) and is the essence of Vedas and Upanishads,
  2. Because it is told by Lord Krishna - the Poorna Purush and can easily be taken as Brahmavakya or final verdict to be followed blindly without any doubt over what is told in it (only the question of correct harmonizing interpretation remains),
  3. Because it is applicable to everyone of any religion (as actually it is Supreme God - not Krishna - who is telling it if interpreted that way rightly and it also endorses devotion to Nirakar Nirgun Brahma and Karmyog),
  4. Because it endorses all different alternative approaches of attaining God (Bhakti-Gyan-Karma, Sagun bhakti-Nirgun bhakti, Karmyog-Karmsanyas yog, Yagn-Daan-Tap-Dhyan) to be reaching the same destination - Supreme - whichever is most natural and best suitable to one,
  5. Because there are at least 5 good reasons to follow it (for salvation or liberation and to get answer of any question any time arising in mind) as mentioned below.๐Ÿ˜ƒ [There are of course many verses in Geeta Mahatmya (And Geeta Mahatmya Anusandhan) which says that reading Bhagwad Geeta every day or so many number of times or this and that gives you that Punya and that Punya (but I didn't quote that in my reasons because the Geeta mahatmya is not part of Geeta and it says in the end that the one who doesn't read Geeta Mahatmya along with Geeta doesn't get any merit or fruit of reading Geeta - This fundamentally contradicts with Geeta itself which emphasizes on action without the desire or attraction of the fruit)].

Next Q Give 5 good reasons for following bhagvad Geeta.

1. Sahaj Karma (Excellence) - Choice of easiest approach of worship or devotion or duty or profession: Because Geeta gives total freedom to follow one's own nature to everyone (One has to follow one's Satvik nature to identify and select and follow that duty/role out of many conflicting duties/roles, which is the most natural and which can be excelled to add maximum value to the society through own profession or relationship);
  2. Universal Principles: Because Geeta teaches Sanatan Dharma - dharma beyond all personal dharmas (Human Fundamental Principles rather than rules of Shaastras - straightaway the essence) - Love to all, Surrendership (Nirahankaar - total destruction of ego), Sacrifice for all or Nobility (Paramaarth) - Niswarth bhaav - Neki kar aur dariya me daal, Samdarshita (Seeing God in everyone), Humbleness;
  3. Self awareness (prior step to Self Control) and Ego removal: Because Geeta provokes or shatters the thoughts of inner soul, and gives self awareness to the reader and takes the true self out from the deep by touching very fundamental questions of life (who are we and from where we have come and where we are going? - We are not the bodies but we are the soul) and also teaches to observe self from above - Sakshibhav - Drashtabhav - Observer - through teachings of Three Gunas (Whatever happens, happens through Prakruti - nature - swabhaav - three gunas only) - this destroys ego and people totally in grief due to their past mistakes and wrong actions can be consoled and people in proud of their great actions can be brought down to earth;
  4. Great resort of sinners: Because Geeta sets greatest of standards for devotees (saying that the best devotee out of 4 types of them is the one who is Gyani and also there is nothing pure than True Knowledge in the world) and Devotion to be the ultimate duty beyond all dharmas and at the same time it inspires and gives relief and assurance to the souls of lowest of actions and poorest of standards (greatest of sinners) to lift themselves up anytime and not to worry about the past by beginning afresh the new innings (and once they come to the path of devotion and knowledge, they will automatically become dharmik and their all past karmas will be destroyed by gyanangni or their devotion will give them immense strength to bear the fruits of those karmas);
  5. Karmyog vs Karmsanyasyog: Because Geeta is the great balance between those who believe in action and those who believe in worship and says that there is no conflict between following duties and simultaneously being a sanyaasi - one can follow sansaarik duties with sanyaasi mind like a Lotus in the mud (and compassion/feelings/love for all creatures is not in conflict with detachment with the world). In fact, it is loved by people with detachment - vairaagi mind and yet it contains teachings which lift the spirits up to lift the bow and fight - join an action but without any material desire - Just positivity and enthusiasm.

Sorry since this was not the question of fact as such or was not a quiz, I have also given the answers based on my opinion and belief and interpretations.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

@Shivang, Great answers๐Ÿ‘

One very simple reason I would like to add, when there is a Q in mind, one can open any pg & start reading, the A. is indicated.
Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š
ShivangBuch thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

@Shivang, Great answers๐Ÿ‘

One very simple reason I would like to add, when there is a Q in mind, one can open any pg & start reading, the A. is indicated.
Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks.๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited the 5th point of reasons of reading.๐Ÿ˜Š
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Moved to MM forum from DBSK
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago