Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Chat Transcript - Parmeet Sethi

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 9:08pm | IP Logged

Parmeet Sethi

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with Actor, Parmeet Sethi at 12 noon on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 in Mumbai

Parmeet Sethi
Actor

"People identify more with underdogs. And Jassi is not that any more. Who knows, they may bring back the earlier Jassi."

Naina > Why are TV stars leaving serials suddenly? They all say the same thing like €" The character was going nowhere?
Parmeet Sethi > Hi Naina, invariably in long running soaps the writer/channels run out of ideas and invent new characters, new situations which may not give that much importance to the existing lead characters. The actor justifiably is upset but the channel has to do what it has to do to keep the ratings up.

Shagufta > Hello Parmeet, you are leaving Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (JJKN)?
Parmeet Sethi > I am still negotiating, don't know which way the cookie is going to crumble .

Jaspreet_11 > Your birth date? When are you coming back to the soap Astitva ?
Parmeet Sethi > My birthday is on 11th of December. I won't be coming again in Astitva but I have taken on some new serials, which will be on air soon.

Littleheart > Hi "Raj"! Why are you misleading our "Armaan" in JJKN?
Parmeet Sethi > That's the whole purpose of me being there. Otherwise - no mischief, no Raj.

Hema_kini > Please Raj don't leave JJKN.I know you deserve better treatment but for our sake please have mercy. We love you!
Parmeet Sethi > I love you too but there are certain economic realities that I have to deal with right now, let's hope I stick around.

Littleheart > Who is your favourite co star?
Parmeet Sethi > My favourite co-star is Apoorva Agnihotri.

Littleheart > T&D has introduced lots of twists and turns in the story line and we all feel that that beautiful story is butchered. What do you have to say about it?
Parmeet Sethi > Writers turn out of ideas sometimes. Any long running show will face this problem. Therefore, lot of experimentation happens sometimes successful sometimes not.

Jaspreet_11 > Which is your favourite TV serial?
Parmeet Sethi > Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.

Hema_kini > We love the fact that you and Appu (co-star, Apoorva Agnihotri) are great buddies off screen and that shows on screen too. Thank you for giving us such lovely moments. Can you tell us something more about your friendship?
Parmeet Sethi > We respect each other. We bond with each other. We watch good cinema together. That sums up our friendship.

Jaspreet_11 > Are you a fun loving person in real life too?
Parmeet Sethi > Yes, but the kind of fun is not the same as is shown in the serial JJKN. I don't spend my time running after girls. I play sports, watch movies and play with my kids €"that's fun for me!

Shagufta > Which are the movies you have signed recently?
Parmeet Sethi > I am doing Kaal and Fareb, which are my next releases.

Littleheart > Are you a mischief-maker in real life too?
Parmeet Sethi > No.

Naina > Why don't TV stars go for films? Heard that they prefer TV to film now. What could be the reason?
Parmeet Sethi > The reason is money and more significant role in TV.

Hema_kini > I want to request you all true JJKN characters to tell the producers that TRP is not the only thing in TV. We, the genuine viewers also need some wholesome entertainment.
Parmeet Sethi > I completely appreciate and agree with you. I think the TRP system is not foolproof and is often misleading, and the revenue models of channels need to change.

Hema_kini > It was nice to read recently about your children in an interview of yours. Convey our love to your wife and children. We love Archana (wife) too. What does your family say about JJKN?
Parmeet Sethi > They love it when I am there. They used to like the earlier "Jassi" better. And thanks for the good wishes. Wish you happiness.

Jaspreet_11 > Tell about your favourite film. And which kind of films you like to watch?
Parmeet Sethi > My favourite films are Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Company because of the screenplays. And these are the kind of films I would like to watch.

Lila > Which one do you think is your forte- villainous roles or comedies?
Parmeet Sethi > I think I try to do justice to all kinds of roles but I enjoy comedy the most.

Rihu > Why are you not doing more films?
Parmeet Sethi > Why are the producers not calling me? I have two releases coming up - Kaal and Fareb .

Jatin2kin > How many kids do you have? What do they wanna be in life?
Parmeet Sethi > I have two sons - Aaryamann and Ayushmaan. One wants to be a sportsman and the other an actor.

Jak > How did the film Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge change your life? It did give you a good break through but why did things fizzle out after that?
Parmeet Sethi > This is the most oft asked question, the answer to which I hope to get before I die.

Littleheart > Do you watch JJKN discussions in India- forum?
Parmeet Sethi > I watch JJKN once in three months. I don't watch TV because of my shooting hours.

Shagufta > Any upcoming soaps, Parmeet?
Parmeet Sethi > I don't have the names but there are some serials soon.

Jatin2kin > Parmeet, we wanna see you as a hero in a Punjabi film.
Parmeet Sethi > That also soon. At this moment can't talk about it.

Plie > Did you go to Israel to receive some award? Can you tell us about it? What was the award and for which film did you get it?
Parmeet Sethi > I did not receive the award because I was not an Israeli. It was good enough, as for the first time a non-Israeli actor was nominated. The film is - Turn Left At The End of The World . I was nominated for the best actor in the Israeli academy awards. The film is an Israeli and French production.

Lila > Why do you think most people have a preference for the earlier Jassi? Don't you think they should bring back the earlier Jassii?
Parmeet Sethi > People identify more with underdogs. Today Jassi is not an under dog. For e.g. Cinderella was not rich, she did not have good clothes. So, she was the under dog. But she still got the Prince in the end. I think they may be bringing back the earlier Jassi. Who knows.....

Kali > You are a great actor Mr. Sethi. I think that's why we dislike you some times in JJKN. Your performance is outstanding. Congratulations!
Parmeet Sethi > Whoever you are, please keep chatting with me and boosting my morale like this. Thanks!

Jatin2kin > Parmeet, please tell me about the sexiest compliment you received from any woman.
Parmeet Sethi > This is a tough one. There was a 70 year old woman who I met. She told me that because of me, she wanted to be young again!

Naaz_j > Do you have any plans to work with your wife in the near future? Did you always want to make a mark in the field of acting (thanks to your good looks)?
Parmeet Sethi > We always keep planning new things together. But can't say when it will actually happen. First of all, I do not think I am good looking. I am barely okay. The reason why I am here is that I always believed I have what it takes.

Sign Off Message > Life is all about memories. Try to make a good one everyday. Love, Parmeet.

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 9:09pm | IP Logged

Littleheart > Do you watch JJKN discussions in India- forum?

Did anyone in here ask this question?? 

usa_girl0021 IF-Dazzler
usa_girl0021
usa_girl0021

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
thanks
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 23 April 2005 at 12:37am | IP Logged
thanks a lot
Anoli IF-Sizzlerz