Kkusum

F Factor of Mansi

mitalip Groupbie
mitalip
mitalip

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 8:22pm | IP Logged

F Factor

Food n fitness formula of Manasi Joshi Roy

A healthy body promotes a healthy mind, says Manasi Joshi Roy. The small screen actress is back on screen in Kkusum after a two-year sabbatical. Manasi shares her perceptive on food and fitness with ShaadiTimes.

Manasi Joshi Roy Body fuel
To me food is all about visual appeal, nourishment, taste and smell. In fact food means everything to me. It is an important part of life, a kind of fuel the body needs.

Variety is the spice of food
Your diet should always contain the right amount of everything. I like a change in the menu everyday. But the mandatory ingredient in my diet is at least one green, leafy vegetable.

My breakfast is never the same. I have toast or an Indian breakfast like poha, upma etc. For lunch I have a salad, dal, sabzi, roti. When I am shooting I order for a diet meal, which consists of salad, brown rice, jawar or nachni roti etc. Dinner is usually light. I avoid carbohydrates. Its soya, lentils etc. that form part of dinner. I don't have a craving for sweets. But I like Bengali mithai.

I need a change
I like eating at any restaurant. In fact my family keeps trying different food at different restaurants. Any new restaurant opens up and my husband and me have to try it out. Chinese, Thai, Italian, Japanese, I like everything. The only important thing is I need a change.

All time favourite
My all time favourite is Gujarati food. I love Mung dal ki patli kadi, rice and bhendi ki sabzi.

Mother-in-law is a very good cook
I like to cook, but I don't get the time. I am lucky enough because my mother-in-law is a very good cook. She makes delicious Bengali food, and I like to eat Bengali food because it is nutritious and very light at the same time. I sometimes do cook the regular stuff like simple Indian food and pastas.

Need to knock off weight
After my daughter Kiara was born I have put on a lot of weight, and its high time I loose those extra pounds. As my husband Rohit is a health freak occasionally I try and make it to the gym with him where I opt for cardio exercises, walking and running.

Only herbal products
Like my mother I am blessed with a good skin. I never had p***les, but I still take care of my skin by moisturising it and cleansing it everyday. I use only herbal products for my skin.

My word
Eat healthy and exercise, because a healthy body promotes a healthy mind. Sleep early as only if you have slept enough you can take on the next day.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top