Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

woman11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I agree with Ankit. The question of bad behavior or good behavior does not exist at all. For a relationship to be called a relationship, both parties have to first acknowledge it. The Singhs have never considered Gauri as their bahu, it was Gauri's one sided imposition, so how does the question of evaluating the relationship come in the first place??

It's almost like asking if Bhairon treated Sumitra and Teepri differently and whether Teepri would have been a good wife if Bhairon had accepted heršŸ¤£. The question is hypothetical, because Bhairon never saw Teepri as his wife------so whether Teepri feels rejected, or angry with Bhairon, or feels insecure as a wife is none of Bhairon's concern, because for him there is no relationship in the first place.
You can't impose a relationship on a party just because you feel like it, when the other party does not even recognize it.

tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: woman11

I It's almost like asking if Bhairon treated Sumitra and Teepri differently and whether Teepri would have been a good wife if Bhairon had accepted heršŸ¤£. The question is hypothetical, because Bhairon never saw Teepri as his wife------so whether Teepri feels rejected, or angry with Bhairon, or feels insecure as a wife is none of Bhairon's concern, because for him there is no relationship in the first place.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
tinoo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kashish_kr

Imagine you are deeply in love with someone who equally loves you a lot. You are inseparable. Then one day, you find out that whom you love is already married. she comes and proposes you and tells you that she cant at all live without you and is ready to die in your love. You, assuming she has divorced, marry her but hen suddenly, she changes attitude and goes back to her husband, what will you do? Will it hurt at all? Will you try to save your marriage? Please answer

But how do you do it like that on basis of assumption ?

Dont you want to know where the divorce happened? whether it was registered? which court, which city, which judge signed it? Is it really final? etc. etc.  Is there to be no fact finding mission?

tinoo thumbnail

[

. Can I ask, do you remember after Gauri was introduced in the show, at what stage she became rude with her in-laws? From the begining, was she shown as rude and arrogant?  From what I remember, after getting married, she was very excited to meet her new family, even against Jagya's wish/ I am sure if her in-laws had accepted her, she would have been a loving and caring bahu.

She married him knowing that they did not like what he had done and disowned him.

If she wanted acceptance and love and all this relationship with her sasural , would it not have been prudent or sensible to go to the prospective in-laws BEFORE   they got married and asked for their blessing at that point in time? Perhaps even invited the in-laws to the wedding and done what they had to do with the in-laws consent?

And yes, they were rude to her precisely because they dont want her as a loving and caring bahu. They wanted to drive home that message very clearly.  Why on earth would they want to be polite to her?

cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

thanks Tinoo, I will definitely share my story one day. All I can say now is that it has been a seven year old fight for self respect and still going. I more relate to gehna's character where I speak my mind and dont take bullshit if it hurts my self esteem. I speak for myself because I know no one else in world will do that for me. Maybe, one day when my baby son will grow up, he will speak for me.

@bold : if u r close to gehna;s character, dont wait for ur son to be 20 or urself to be 50 to be happy, if the marriage or the association with husband/in laws is enstraged, leave. Think about it n Leave.

When the worth of a woman is ignored, there are no miracles when te woman is ready to face the torture(speaking generally)

on a personal front, if a woman faces the wrath of others and doesnt speak up, the torturers are Wrong but she is tolerating the nonsense for herself or her children, thats also wrong.

a child can see the constant bickering at home, dont let it affect the child.

thanks Tinoo, I will definitely share my story one day. All I can say now is that it has been a seven year old fight for self respect and still going. I more relate to gehna's character where I speak my mind and dont take bullshit if it hurts my self esteem. I speak for myself because I know no one else in world will do that for me. Maybe, one day when my baby son will grow up, he will speak for me.

Good Gwad! (Pardon my language & outrage!)

First of all, this is not the best place to share your marital woes
Secondly,why don't you expect your husband to stand up for you,by your side in your fight for self respect(I presume you are having in-law problems?)
THIRDLY-why on earth do you put such a heavy burden on your child? Only a son can help?? Isn't your husband a son too?? If he cannot protect you,why would you expect his son to be more brave or righteous than his father! The only one who can & should be fighting your battles is you yourself.You CANNOT be seriously expecting your children to grow up & fight your battles for you.Be realistic-its too heavy a burden to put on your child.

@ tinoo=I hope this doesn't get classed as a rude response-its meant only as practical advice.
Edited by znursingh - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: nirvanlove

@bold : if u r close to gehna;s character, dont wait for ur son to be 20 or urself to be 50 to be happy, if the marriage or the association with husband/in laws is enstraged, leave. Think about it n Leave.

When the worth of a woman is ignored, there are no miracles when te woman is ready to face the torture(speaking generally)

on a personal front, if a woman faces the wrath of others and doesnt speak up, the torturers are Wrong but she is tolerating the nonsense for herself or her children, thats also wrong.

a child can see the constant bickering at home, dont let it affect the child.

Wise advise!!
anshansh thumbnail
no no selfish people can never be good see when old lady fainted she asked jagya to meve frm haveli no concern as a doctor not bahu such vague people can nevr be bood bahu  abahu has to do lots of sacrifices which anandi gave 
Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Elders should always be respected dosent matter if they r in law or a strangers...we should behave nicely with them.As for tolerating and answering back...its depends on the situation.
if elders r scolding us for something we should be respectful and listen quietly.But if its a saas taunting and torturing her bahu for no reason she should def revolt and ans back...
Why should u let anybody break ur self respect...u should know where to draw the line.
I always believe tht girls should be strong...if ur ready to take crap u'll get more crap u should know where to draw the line.
Kashish_kr thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OMG, i am overwhelmed with everyones responses. Cant believe that just because a character is potrayed in negative light, he/she MUST be considered wrong in every action. I do not approve of Gauri's second marriage with Jagya but now that they ARE married, if Gauri becomes sombre and quiet, Jagat will get more freedom and will misuse his relationship again. Do you agree with that? If Gauri was fine with Anandi from the begining, jagya would have been talking with and about Anandi all the time with his freedom. It was Anandi's quietness that cost her her husband. If she had confidently tried to talk to Jagat by involving her inlaws right in the begining, Jagat would still have been her husband. From that perspective, i believe Gauri is right in fighting for her right even though I believe she should be polite but firm sometimes. Othertimes, you just can't stop your emotional stage, especially during Pregnancy when harmones are so imbalanced.

On my personal front, i never said that i will WAIT for 20 years for my son to growup to speakup for me. I just said that i am already fighting for my right, sometimes with the help of my husband. But the solution is not always divorce. Its not easy and not at all guarantee to the brighter future. Rather it could mean an imbalanced growth of child's personality. Anyways, dont want to further discuss abt it as i had have enough from earlier responsEs