Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Aubade.

IF-Sizzlerz

Aubade.

Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged

Inception

I dropped onto my couch with my laptop in hand as I awaited it to boot. In 19 seconds, I was typing my password and I opened a Word Page the next thing my desktop emerged. And now all I had to do was stare. I seemed to know exactly what I would be doing after my hot shower. I had it planned as soon as the bell had rung for the Psychology lecture and stupidly, I was doing exactly what I had expected myself to do. For all I knew, I wasn't going to make it to my final year of college. The problem being I was atrociously stuck on my last and most important assignment. Forget stuck, I was absolutely blank about my first step too. I tapped my feet irritated and fed myself with more irritation at the echoing sounds that it produced across my lonely apartment. I checked the time on the left hand corner of my screen. 8:04 p.m. You can stay up til 11 for this. You might just knock on something. The dedicated part of me urged. Only the lazier side of me was a little too stronger just then. So I waited and thought. I rummaged my head for all I could. 9 People who you didn't know but made a difference in your life. It was as simple as can be. But somehow, it involved dwelling hard onto your past and reliving every obstacle mentally. Our near 50 lecturer had this twinkle in his eye when he casually announced the topic. He didn't talk much about it except for this, "I don't expect each of you to have the same kind of thoughts when you hear this. I pretty much know that each of the assignments will be written keeping in mind a different dimension. I want each of you to go ahead with this assignment the way you see it. How you present it matters for the sake of marks but little in this context. The important key is you, your thoughts and your experiences. Happy digging!" and with a wink through his thick lens spectacles, he sped off leaving a bewildered bunch of 27 students in the decent lecture hall of the campus. Knowing Narendra Sir, a few of my friends and I spent 45 minutes dissecting what he said. Surprisingly, we did end up thinking in different angles. But we all agreed on the vaguest idea that we had to go back in our memory lane. Narendra Sir wanted something out of this assignment and I could easily bet that after 2 weeks are done and we meet the deadline to submit our assignments, he would be taking us to his favourite side of the brook for a small talk. I sighed hard. Narendra Sir was just not a hateable person. So I ended up typing out the title simply to fool my brain that I was doing something. It worked and I felt so much content to see something on the plain white paper. And now for the contents? It wasn't supposed to be hard to be able to know about your life. But there was something that made it harder than browsing the library and googling online. I gave up realizing that I was ignoring my poor tummy for I had deprived it of nutrition for over 4 hours now. 2 weeks is ample time, I mused myself and then went on to make myself Maggi. 

To Be Continued..

I do hope to continue this and write all the 9 instances that the protagonist is going to include in her assignment. But its my mood that matters. I don't like leaving things incomplete but I don't write if I am not upto it either. I penned in between Economics so do ignore the errors. I am a lazy soul in a way. Comments and criticism are welcome wholeheartedly.

Love,

amal.

Edited by SmokingDreams - 23 March 2012 at 9:02am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

OceanRhymeBlue.KaJen-amaZaynsweetdesireTyro

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Inception - Short Series" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tyro

IF-Sizzlerz

Tyro

Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged
like the concept...

do continue...

would love to read abt the 9 instances n the people involved...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aubade.

KaJen-amaZayn

IF-Rockerz

KaJen-amaZayn

Posted: 23 March 2012 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Hey Amal! :D very nicely written! i love the concept so far! okay tell me one thing.. who is this on? Please say Armaan Riddhima *fingers crossed*  okay so very nice concept.. i cant wait till you update cuz i reeaaallyy wanna know what will happen! so ya update soon and if you are sending PMs then please send me one! :D

LotsOfLove
 ..Nayab..

Aubade.

sweetdesire

IF-Sizzlerz

sweetdesire

Posted: 24 March 2012 at 12:39am | IP Logged

Hey Amal My babyHug..How r u yaar? Gosh missed you so much. Hope your exams went wellSmile. Now coming to this piece of work, I have just one word. WOW...Too innovative and interesting ...Really love to read all nine inceptions...So do continue soon love...Take careSmile

Lots of  Love

Geet

Edited by sweetdesire - 24 March 2012 at 1:00am

Aubade.

shikahanda

Groupbie

Posted: 28 March 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Aubade.

sweetdesire

IF-Sizzlerz

sweetdesire

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Hey Amal Plz update this one also...Embarrassed

Aubade.

Aubade.

IF-Sizzlerz

Aubade.

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
^Sure Dii. I have already drafted few parts of the series. :)

sweetdesire

OceanRhymeBlue.

Groupbie

OceanRhymeBlue.

Posted: 21 April 2012 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Interesting , ppz continue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top