Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jjkg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Agree. I hope Mandira never has to marry Sameer. It is THE worst possible thing that can happen to her.

Many years ago, in late 80s, there was a film with Jodie Foster called Accused. In it she played a promiscuous woman who was gang-raped by men in a bar, with other men cheering on. Blame was placed on Jodie's character that she was asking for it with her past history as well as flirty behavior that night with the very same bar patrons.  

This movie was pivotal in changing the perception of rape. I was very young then. Even I remember the heated discussions in school about when a woman says no, she means no, even if she was encouraging the encounter before. News shows, current affair programs were all over this issue.  

If handled correctly, Mandira's example can equally be pivotal.
edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: preethi_m18

Surbhi generally whatever you said is true...

But I want to share my POV on sameer and mandira...
from starting mandira want to marry sameer at any cost, she even blackmailed him with the indecent pics and ready to blame and tell everyone that sameer raped her...

i am not supporting sameer here, but now after what CVs has showed today and if marriage proposal comes to mandira from sameer will she reject or will she accept because this is what she wants...

still CVs didnot show that mandira character has changed...  yes she cried because of what happened today but my question is her greediness for money vanished?
if she is still greedy to become diwan bahu then not only Indira no one can stop her from marrying the rapist...

I hope i am not diverting from the topic you wrote...😆

Wow!!  Preethi, u have brought up good points.  I also thought that what if Mandira hasn't changed in terms of her greediness to become a Diwan bahu, she may accept Sameer's proposal.  Her being preggers w/Sameer's kid may just drive her more into accepting his proposal (don't know if CV's are gonna have her be preggers w/his kid).  Honestly, I can't tell if the CV's are gonna show Maneer romance in the future of the show even after this rape incident & if they do end up showing it, I don't know when they will show it in future (could be later on, after Sameer spends some time behind bars, repenting) but if they do, I hope Sameer will eventually truely regret the pain he has given to Indu, Rishi, Vidit, & Mandira & becomes a changed man.  Anyways, if the CV's have future Maneer romance planned... well.. anyways I am just gonna shut up about this.   Not all criminals in real life keep on committing crime, there are those that eventually repent & quit committing it (don't know if CV's are gonna show this w/Sameer)  I don't trust CV's when it comes to Sameer & Mandira.  I really don't know where the hell they are going with these two.  The CV's didn't have to cross the line w/Sameer raping Mandira.  It's sad that us viewers had to go through this.  This is such a sad situation.   
Edited by edabella - 12 years ago
-Rinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I seriously hope Mandira does not end up marrying Sameer...I dont know if Mandira being Mandira accepts his proposal as a dumb light headed money obsessed girl...but that would be very crass of the Cvs to show...especially with the Producer and creator being a woman herself...
misty85 thumbnail
I completely agree with you. 👍🏼
shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I totally agree with you.
Sameer better be punished
Syama_Luna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agree with you.
With Sameer in this state, it will be double punishment for Mandira.
She may end up becoming his punching bag 🤢
He should be severely punished
hrsriks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rangeele

Oh my God if that was to happen then I'm switching off from this show for good.

Yes.. this is the other potential problem that is brewing up... I will not be surprised if this happens. I will be very disappointed though. The CVs may do this to show that hitler is mahan and that she can sacrifice anything for her family ( a la Rekha in Jeevan dhara?).

Coming back to the question of rape, it is such a complicated thing. No matter how much you punish the rapist, the victim gains very little. The physical and mental wounds the victim has suffered will probably never heal. Even if you hang the rapist, its not of much use to the victim.. The only advantage will be it may deter other potential rapists.

If Mandira has turned a new leaf after all this, I will be a little relieved. And yes - I would never like her to marry Sameer. Everytime she sees his face, she will see a beast in it.

Passion_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
agreed wid ur post surbhi...marrying a rapist is another punishment 4 d victim...i just hope dat dis track is handled sensitively n logically n used 2 spread a social message across d audience
bhavika0611 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@topic maker, agreed to each and every word of your post.
kheya-mayur thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
SAMEER raped MANDIRA!!!!!!!!!!

when??????? in yest epi kya?