What I LOVED: 22nd March 2012

Posted: 12 years ago

The gentle nudgings of the heart go a long way - longer than angry and harsh words. These moments though small are just the ingredient sweetest memories are made of. They tug on the heart reminding of a love so true even when the times look dark and unpromising.

Arnav and Khushi have had many such moments that have bound them together.
In last night's post, I talked about the weeds that Shyam is sowing. The master plan was his point of view - the black string - how he feels the things would turn out.
Tonight, we saw the good seed being sowed by love - the white string. The strings are yet distinguishable.

While the enemy is contentedly making plans for his revenge over the couple whom he has managed to deceive until now, love seemingly has plans of its own. Though the enemy works stealthily and deviously on one hand; love, on the other, works silently and steadily. Their fruit will show the difference. The tide is slowly turning the emotions from anger to acceptance. It may change again to anger, threatening hatred, if a storm brews - or yet, love may hold its own against the storm.

Arnav and Khushi have never had hatred between them, and they might never. They might want and even try to hate, but love overpowers them.

The story may talk about love and hatred. Between Arnav and Khushi, there has only been love - a love that is deep and pure, even if it is nourished as slowly as seed turns into a flowering plant. The hatred of Shyam did not belong between them - it tried to make its home among them, but could not succeed.

I liked the simple episode today. It was simple, yet powerful.

Khushi is up to her antics again and Arnav has to just deal with it. Khushi's antics may seem silly and unwanted, it is her way of dealing with life. She must be accepted as she is. Circumstances do change us, but not in a few days. Change and maturity take time. Somehow, it is these antics that have made ASR almost stop thinking about why he married her and the Arnav in him is taking over. Her little ways have a made a way into his heart, deeper than before. He can tell himself that he is bothering over her only for his sister's and family's sake. In his heart, he knows he loves every single little itty-bitty thing about her. He is madly in love with her.

ASR is trying hard to maintain his exterior. He is trying his angry voice, angry look, and angry eyes. He is attempting his What the-s!. He is trying to look exasperated. He is working hard at keeping his mind off Khushi. This is how he deals with life. He must be accepted as he is. Somehow, all his tricks at being perceived as 'grouchy' are slowly losing their clout. His wife is unimpressed by his 'grouchiness'. Khushi is seeing how he is giving in. Yes, she feels that she is way too smart for him and she can twist him around her little finger. But, she knows how difficult this man can be and yet he is giving in. She may tell herself that she hates his guts. In her heart, she too knows that she is in awe of him. Sometimes, the simple things about this difficult man surprise her.

Today, there was more than just Arnav or Khushi; or ASR or KKGSR. It was simple husband and the wife - two small moments, one powerful bond.

The Wife and the Husband

1. Poor Khushi is too tensed. She's picked up a heavy loan from her Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada and must return it, else he would think of her as a thief. But just how in the world would a simple girl be able to garner a hefty sum of Rs. 300?

She must think. And to think, she must cook. And she must cook until she can feed a Fashion House.

Well, I'm just glad she didn't think of selling the food at Rs. 20 per plate.

2. It was such a shock for ASR to see his wife walk in with 3 Tiffin boxes, and that she intends to feed his staff. All he could utter was his trademark - What the --!

3. Khushi does not give up easily, as ASR is well-aware.

He knows only too well that she would sit tight till she has had her wish. After all, if he couldn't stand in her way, how can his staff make it? He's been experiencing her zeal for that last 2 days and is sporting a sprained neck for proof.

It is amazing though, that despite the fact that letting Khushi sleep in his room was his own idea and he got his sprained neck as reward, he hasn't even once complained about it. Although, Khushi did not relent even after having her way dividing his personal space, he did not once point out that he's sprained his neck just being nice to her.

4. Everyone is fed. ASR has seen his staff giving into appetizing aromas of Khushi's home-cooked meal. Khushi has given him the thumbs-up of her tiny victory. Now, time to gather the artillery and head home. But, hey! Someone has made off with 2 dabbas.

Little Bo Peep has lost her keeps, And don't know where to find them

... but where could it be! Of course, the hubby you forgot to ask if he'd eat.

5. Oh! He's eating my cooked meal. What the!

Congratulations, Khushi, on your very first 'What the --!' moment. Had only ASR heard it - it would've been such a proud moment for him.

ASR: Rang rang mere rang rang main, rang jayegi tu rang ... sang sang mere sang sang main, sang ayegi tu sang ...

6. How precious! Ever seen such a hungry man! Any other man may have looked normal - but this is ASR we are talking about. Literally launching himself on stolen food and enjoying it enough to lick his fingers clean.

Adorable! I was hoping she'd save him a plate - but this was way better! He looked terribly hungry when he devoured that food.

Khushi had to stop in her tracks just to see him relish the meal she cooked.  What tugged at her heart, I doubt she knows. She loved it, but she probably doesn't know why. It gave her some sort of relief, a joy that she probably cannot put her finger on. All she knows is that she liked it. My darling girl!

7. Khushi - ASR's eternal knight in shining armor from the perils of sweet!

Awkward! She caught me eating her food. I'd downright refused to eat what she brought and stopped others from eating it. Not only did others not listen to me - Dang!  I didn't listen to me!

And double dang! She caught me not listening to me.
What the --! And now she's offering to bring me halwa tomorrow. Triple dang!

Take it easy. I don't have to explain. This is my office. This food came from my house. My wife cooked it. I ate it. Big deal! I'll just grab my coat and leave. We can discuss the halwa later on.

Where's that pizza man? He's so dead. Why in the world people don't answer my calls - earlier it was doctors, and now even pizza people are catching on.

8.  While everyone praises her food, the only compliment our dear darling remembers and cherishes is the unspoken one her hubby gave her.

9. ASR returns home, crooked neck still in place.
Husband and wife in synchronization:

ASR *outside the door*: This is the way we work.
KSR *inside the room*: This is the way we work.
ASR *outside the door*: What the --! *can't resist sneaking a peek inside - what is this girl up to now!*
ASR *outside the door*: It's about 10 billion.
KSR *pacing on the bed*: It's about 10 thousand.
ASR *too interested in KSR's 10 k convo than his own 10 b convo*: I'll call you back later.
KSR: *rattling away* We want kaality. You'll teach me kaality. I'm Halwai's daughter and a Businessman's patni.
ASR: Businessman ki Patni! Aww, my precious!
KSR: *still rattling away* yeah, now the truck comes under the bridge (whatever that means!)
ASR: Aww, my super precious!! She's using her newfound status to threaten people!

10. ASR, you feel this is precious? Wait till you find out the reason why she is making a 10 k deal. She's trying to pay-off a Rs. 300 debt! It just might be your first 'Hey DM!' moment!

This Businessman's Patni has a LOT to learn.

Hopefully, you'll help her. C'mon, be a dear and help the kiddo! She cooked you a stupendous finger-licking good meal. Even if she kicked you out of your own room.

11. Khushi, darling, your hubby still has a crooked painful neck. Are you going to consider putting to use your ghareloo nuskho ki dukaan (box of home remedies) for him?

Awesomely CUTE episode!

Others:

1. Anjali: thank you pointing out to Khushi that she could feed the AR people.
2. Mami Jaan and Payal: Ah ha! Another attempt to please the MIL. All the best, Payal!
Oh dear! and if Payal manages to please Mami Jaan, then is ASR's threat of turning Payaliya out going to fizz out!?
3. Shyam: Some things never change - just like your rottenness and Anjali's starter.
Edited by ShaliniDp - 12 years ago
Ha Ha...Awesome...I always wait to read your posts...😆

err...Any comments on the hungry staff ?? ðŸ˜‰
Always enjoy reading your posts. Especially today's, since it brought a smile. 😃
But then todays' epi was like that, wasn't it? Can't seem to stop smiling.
Adorable how these two know so much about each other, can understand each other's gestures, even feel happy about it, but for the life of me, we can't get them to talk TO each other!😆

Originally posted by aanu23

Ha Ha...Awesome...I always wait to read your posts...😆

err...Any comments on the hungry staff ?? ðŸ˜‰

yeh the poor chaps were too hungry to be scared of ASR any more... LOL

I think i did mention ASR being miffed that no one listened to him - including ASR
Very cute post Shalini... I love your writting...

BUT the episode was CRAP...no other words..
There is a borderline between cuteness and stupidity..
Last week Khushi was awsome Cute and innocent...

This week she is OTT and stupid..

Yep it was a good episode.

The only thing I feel is still missing are a few SOLILOQUY-Like Scenes where the internal thoughts of Arnav and Khushi are depicted. The last time we had a soliloquy scene for Arnav was on the wedding night when he was in complete dispair after catching Shyam and Khushi on terrace (Barun Sobti acted Superbly in that scene, btw). Since then, we have not had any scenes of Arnav showing his view point on all the various things that have happened around him.
I really thought taht CVs will show a Soliloquy scene of Arnav right after Holi where his disbelief at acting the way he did on Holi is shown. I was hoping that such a scene would also depict his realization, in full consciousness, that he STILL loves Khushi after all, and his confusion on how to deal with K in the light of such realization.  Later, such view point scenes could;ve been used to show Arnav's growing suspicion that Khushi is innocent and that he may have judged her, once again, too soon, too harsh.

While such view-point scenes have taken place for Khushi... they are not deep enough. Khushi should be questioning, when alone, what her life will be like after 6 months. She should still be trying to figure out why arnav got married to her...and the scene should show her frustration at not being able to get any answers from Arnav. Later such view point scenes could be used to show her growing sense of love that she feels for Arnav.

After all, characters as great as  ARHI look a tad superficial without us knowing thier processes of mind.
Edited by uuna - 12 years ago
Lovely write-up as usual and lovely episode .
Love the businesswoman Khushi and the doting husband admiring his entrepreneurial wife .
Now if only she  remembers his tricky neck and shows a little concern and nursing care ...well ,tomorrow's episode will seal the deal for me .
Nice post.😃 Especially where you mentioned about Khushi's first "What the" moment. She too learning from hubby. One today most of his characteristics might stick on to bubbly khushi.😛

This is my 100th post.
Shalini u have made posts everyday which became a habit to me now... very good one and i'll look forward for it every day
Thanks!! that was such a cute post.. KKG implementing deals like ASR was fun to watch