Gumrah
Gumrah

India-Forums

Today's youth and the media

kavyasam IF-Rockerz
kavyasam
kavyasam

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

So I was thinking on the lines of visual impact on today's youth.  Does the media play a major role? Is it partly or largely responsible for this change in the world?  Were cases like these happening as frequently before technology took over?.  they did ofcourse but not so frequently and today's the number of psychos has increased appallingly.  How did people spend their teenage without parties or technical gadgets around them.  When did they get these kind of thoughts where they feel like hurting the opposite person.  Dont you think there is a need to rate each and every movie that is released not just the top censor ones that are branded A.  How about the voilence ,  I have seen a movie that had the opening scene of a goon batting a guy who is hung up from the ceiling in a gunny bag and blood is shown dripping, rest of the movie is a love story so it is not rated, the crime shows that are aired here with graphic details,  what effect does these image have on an young mind? movies that are not A certified but contain enough damaging images, the item songs that show the lady scantily dressed, and scenes like these,  how do they effect the aam janta?  who is to be blamed for the minds of  arpit or his friend who wanted to see them do it, arzoo , priyank, mayank and the other guy who spiked the drink.  why ruhi was not able to identify the creepiness among these,  was she naive not to have a glimpse of today's society, she has not watched or read anything like this happening, would media have helped her here in having awareness about such incidents?.   While media is partly to be blamed it is also helping in another way,  like how Gumraah is putting across a message.  We need responsible Media.  Like nisha said positive and negative influence. we need media that has positive influence.  We need youth to take responsibiltiy in spreading the moral values, more active and alert minds,  more  sensible people who can shape the country right.  today's youth is tomorrow's future. 

how much of this made sense i have no clue,  in short we need responsible media since it has huge influence over public. 

Edited by kavyasam - 20 March 2012 at 8:29pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

AizatmirsakmhloveSHIKHA19Du_Nisharjuhi4evr-Olly-sujana9Anjalii...xXxshibz

Du_Nish Goldie
Du_Nish
Du_Nish

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kavyasam

So I was thinking on the lines of visual impact on today's youth

I always remember my mother used to tell me that visual impact and technology is part of the decadence of the innocence of a child - she was talking about when she read few news about kids shooting at school just like in their playstation,thinking that their mates will wake up again after death.. rest to know from the story where did they actually get the real gun

Does the media play a major role? Is it partly or largely responsible for this change in the world?  Yes, instead of media being educational, it is focusing in making money by showing a totally spicy pessimist and negative world- Utter Disgust!

Were cases like these happening as frequently before technology took over?.  they did ofcourse but not so frequently and today's the number of psychos has increased appallingly. Agree to you, I don't see the importance to follow news nowadays. 

How did people spend their teenage without parties or technical gadgets around them. 

This is what the kids need to understand!!! Machine helps to facilitate a job and not to be the best play to hang out with. I still love all these funny games I had when I was a kid - so much fun , so much adventure and less boredom and no loneliness.
Gadget is bringing a mental strain , virtuality is taking over reality, increase in boredom and loneliness and sex is turning to be important at an age that they do not even need to have it.

When did they get these kind of thoughts where they feel like hurting the opposite person.  Dont you think there is a need to rate each and every movie that is released not just the top censor ones that are branded A.  How about the voilence ,  I have seen a movie that had the opening scene of a goon batting a guy who is hung up from the ceiling in a gunny bag and blood is shown dripping, rest of the movie is a love story so it is not rated, the crime shows that are aired here with graphic details,  what effect does these image have on an young mind? a movie like dirty picture, the item songs that show the lady scantily dressed, and scenes like these,  how do they effect the aam janta? I think dirty picture is an artwork,kavya, properly shot, I agree they focus in some bold scene but it is not a movie to be watched with the kids.. I remember when I was a kid, parents said to me that SALAAM BOMBAY is a movie for we watch when we are in their age - can't parents restrict the same??????  who is to be blamed for the minds of  arpit or his friend who wanted to see them do it, arzoo , priyank, mayank and the other guy who spiked the drink.  why ruhi was not able to identify the creepiness among these,  was she naive not to have a glimpse of today's society, she has not watched or read anything like this happening, would media have helped her here in having awareness about such incidents? Media is secondary, parents are pivotal and well surrounded and ofcourse we must not expect a 15 year old girl having interest on social crimes.   While media is partly to be blamed it is also helping in another way,  like how Gumraah is putting across a message. HOWEVER THE BIGGEST MESSAGE IS TO KEEP YOUR MIND OPEN and FEEL FREE TO TALK TO SOMEONE ELDER THAN YOU WHO YOU TRULY TRUST. Awareness is definitely increasing from Gumrah in India.  We need responsible Media.  Like nisha said positive and negative influence. we need media that has positive influence.  We need youth to take responsibiltiy in spreading the moral values, more active and alert minds,  more  sensible people who can shape the country right.  today's youth is tomorrow's future.  We said the same thing to the rioteers in London of Last summer  - they are having such an easy life that there is no excitement really for them

how much of this made sense i have no clue,  in short we need responsible media since it has huge influence over public. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SHIKHA19dazzlerfansujana9kavyasamAnjalii...xXx

kavyasam IF-Rockerz
kavyasam
kavyasam

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 8:28pm | IP Logged

by dirty picture I meant dirty pictures or provocative images, when i was in india i saw the posters freely stuck to any wall,  where kids can easily stare.  will edit it :D.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Du_Nishsujana9Anjalii...xXx

Aizatmir Senior Member
Aizatmir
Aizatmir

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
I agree evrythng has 2 sides to it it is necessary to show things in a positive way

kavyasamsujana9Anjalii...xXx

sakmhlove Senior Member
sakmhlove
sakmhlove

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
In my view everyone should do their job perfectly only then we will b able to hav a perfect society.lyk in last epi if parents teachers n school authority would do their job in better way then this scandal could b avoided naa.abt media it has more negative influence than positive one.leave abt hollywood movies there r only a few bollywood which we can term as good ones morally.they say we should b modern n all but i questions what is modernity?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasamAnjalii...xXx

-Olly- IF-Rockerz
-Olly-
-Olly-

Posted: 21 March 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
agree with u kavya di!..ditto ..media has been responsible for both positive and negative activities..

its largely from media from movies from tv shows that ppl gain so much information about a particular thing else they wudnt have had a knowledge about the violence thats shown ..

but ya gumraah has played a good medium to spread its msg to all the teens as well as adults ..
coz gumraah doesnt show the process in which crimes are done ..they just show the consequences and also the situations that led to ..the incident ..

kavyasamsujana9Anjalii...xXx

sujana9 IF-Rockerz
sujana9
sujana9

Posted: 21 March 2012 at 3:15am | IP Logged
MEDIA PLAYS A REALLY MAJOR  role in all dis things poitive ya negative
nd tv has becum da place for all negative things i am just 16 nd i know more dan wat i shuld know abut few things
tv plays a good role for personatilty but nly till sum extent major portion it spoils teenagers motives dem to take wrong side

kavyasamAnjalii...xXx

sujana9 IF-Rockerz
sujana9
sujana9

Posted: 21 March 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kavyasam

by dirty picture I meant dirty pictures or provocative images, when i was in india i saw the posters freely stuck to any wall,  where kids can easily stare.  will edit it :D.

yes i am frm india nd wat u said is really true we can see all vuglar posters on walls which children stare nd dream
dis is not good at all :( :(  dis shld change in india

kavyasamAnjalii...xXx

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index