Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Scarlet_Glow

IF-Rockerz

Scarlet_Glow

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:06pm | IP Logged

hey guys! how r u all doing?!

The good girl

From a scheming vamp in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, to a tough cop in CID, Maansi Verma has proved that she can convincingly essay all kinds of roles. The 21-year-old actress is a people-magnet, and she attributes it to her positive attitude. We get a whiff of that positivity when we drop into her sky-high Versova flat

1. Up and above

Being a single child did not allow Maansi any concessions from her strict parents, who demanded an explanation for everything she did and everywhere she went. Despite coming from an affluent background Maansi's monthly allowance was Rs. 2,000, and her expenses had to be accounted for…in fact, even now, although she earns her own money, she has a budget to adhere to. "My parents fear that I'll end up being a spendthrift like other girls and won't save for my future," she says. 

2. On my own

The TV industry has made Maansi tougher than she was before she entered it. "There was a point when my co-stars would ridicule me for my bad skin. I admit that I had many p***les on my face but it hurt to hear others talk derisively about it," she sighs. However, instead of retaliating, Maansi took the criticism in her stride and worked towards getting her skin treated. There's not a whisper of a taunt now.

3. The change-ling

If Maansi has a hobby, it is coin collection. Coins from Australia, the Middle East, UK, Canada and EVEN INDIA – in all shapes and sizes – have found a place in her huge coin bag. "My grandparents travelled all over the world, and each time they'd return from a trip, they would give me a few coins from the country they'd just visited," she says. Apart from her coins, Indian classical music and dancing are also her passions (she used to train with Shiamak Davar).

4. Pretty as a picture

Maansi adores her family and friends, evident by the soft-board of photographs on her wall. "I, unfortunately, have no recent pictures of myself with my family. I'm more of a 'pal' kind of gal," she says. One particularly striking picture has Maansi posing with the friends she made in Mauritius during the shoot of Fear Factor India.

5. The good life

Pearl white and grey are the colours of her home, but blue is her own favourite. We notice the pretty curtains up in her room. Telling us more about herself, Maansi reveals that of her parents, she is closest to her mother. Her parents may be concerned about the way she spends her money, but nothing stops them from splurging for her, like they did when they got her a swanky new Hyundai Accent for her birthday.

heres the link...

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=159266779

take care,

Dharti!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-De.De-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Maansi's new article" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iss3

iss3

Posted: 24 May 2006 at 5:37am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing Wink

aish2

IF-Sizzlerz

aish2

Posted: 24 May 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990