Debate Mansion

Why do we care so much if SRK dies? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 19 June 2006 at 7:27am | IP Logged
The simple reason being that any person who is a source of joy to you for whatever reason, you  become close to him or her. Joy is something which takes precedence over every other emotion in a human life. Love gives you the most joy, hence you are attatched to ur parents, friends, spouse and children. But it can also be someone who inspires you, make you love him or her, and you want to idolise the person,even become like him, or want your children become like him, all because the person is a sourse of joy to you and then anything related to him or her becomes important to you. For example, I love the way Abhishek Bachchan portrays his roles, his acting, his mannerisms is a source of joy to me. That makes me want to know him some more. So I try to find out what is he like a person. I read whatever I can find on him, and like the way he is close to his father and mother, his down to earth attitude, his simplicity as a person inspite of being the greatest megastar's son India has ever had.........and all that makes me love him. And if anything happened to him, I would be griefstricken. Same goes for Sachin Tendulkar, Saurabh Ganguli, Rajiv Gandhi, Michael Schumacher , Sushmita Sen, Maradona, A.R Rehman, Cyrus Brocha,Kajol , Ustad Zakir Hussain, Ustad Amzad Ali khan,Pandit Bhimsen Joshi........ even princess Diana.Because all these people, one way or the other, have been a sourse of immense joy and pleasure to me.I mourned like anything when Rajiv gandhai died, and I was griefstricken when Princess Diana died, because I loved her beauty, grace, and the spirit to walk away from oppression and have the guts to give up royalty for freedom as a person.

The one thing that is universal is that we mourn the passing of a young person going to an untimely death. if the person gave joy by whatever means by their talent, then it touches everyone who knows of them. But when it's someone who has been a source of joy to you personally, then no matter in which part of the globe you live, what language you speak, which religion you belong to, and whatever the age of the person is, you are going to mourn......for the simple reason that person touched your life someway,and made you identify with him or her.

Edited by Minnie - 19 June 2006 at 7:35am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do we care so much if SRK dies? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top