Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

wildblossom

IF-Rockerz

wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:19pm | IP Logged

Recently, a guy pulled a prank and claimed that SRK dies in a car accident. The news was sent out in an email in South African and tons of fans went crazy with grief. If you want to see the article- it was posting in the Bollywood Section.

MY QUESTION:

Would you cry over the death of a Bollywood star?

Why?

Why do we mourn a simple entertainer and not a doctor? How many people are ready to mourn the passing of a surgeon who saves people's lives on a daily basis?

What makes someone like SRK so special that he deserves all these tears? WHY doesn't a man or woman who works to help others have a better life everyday get national attention? Why aren't pilots who carry us safely from place to place, or teachers who educate us, or a mother who gives us life and brings us up, or a doctor given this special attention? Don't they do something more worthy of adoration than an Actor?

There are plenty of doctors and teachers who are known nationally in many countries all over the world- so its just not that an actor is more famous.

Secondly, Why is that more people are willing to do this for Bollywood stars- this kind of behavior is not see as much in other places.

Please share your opinionsSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do we care so much if SRK dies?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

innocent_devil

IF-Dazzler

innocent_devil

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
I would be sad if Srk dies but i wouldnt die of crying for him. The reason many people cry over Entertainers and Not Doctors is The Actors touch the feelings or emotions of a mass number but a doctor sees only few patients every day. Also the main reason is many people in some or the other way relate to Actor..Like ohh SRK hes my husband or hes my brother something like that! So when that dearly person dies many people mourn! Big smile Big smile

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Well if that surgeon touched my life in any way i would be just as saddened. People would be sad to hear about the death of any one that touches their life in a good way and an entertainer does that for you.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rekhab25

innocent_devil

IF-Dazzler

innocent_devil

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Well if that surgeon touched my life in any way i would be just as saddened. People would be sad to hear about the death of any one that touches their life in a good way and an entertainer does that for you.

I completely agree!Big smile

Dazlingflower

Dazlingflower

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
That's a good question...why do we mourn over Bollywood star? I consider myself sensitive, but still, no star has managed to bring tears in my eyes. I don't get moved by a star's death. Like here is America, people stll mourn over Elvis...why?
You are so right that we tend to overlook the contributions of everyday people like doctors and teachers. They give us so much and we give all the credit to showbiz or any other star.
I wonder if average person's life is so empty that he/she tends to relate at a personal level with these famous figures....may be that's why they mourn Stern Smile

Ammus

IF-Dazzler

Ammus

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
we people are very sensitive and over emotional and Indian films and actors make us so emotional and they become a part of our life just like our family.so if anything bad happens to them,it hurt us.In the case of the national heros like doctors,pilots sometimes we take them for granted or sometimes we feel its there duty to save people,country etc!only when they belong to our family or have helped us in anyway do we feel sad on their lose!which is wrong!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Great topic, wildblossom!

IMO, whenever a star like SRK or Elvis dies, it is a shocker to fans because they idolize them. They look upto them as role models.

One case is where humans need entertainment. The only reason they feel sad when a celeb dies is because of their own selfish reasons. Their source of entertainment is gone.

In another case, viewers of movies and TV shows lose every sense of reality when they see their idols. They are sometimes unable to dissociate between characters and actors. For E.g. in a TV serial, when a "character" dies (not the actual actor), fans mourn over him/her. So imagine what would happen when the actual person dies.

Like Innocent_devil said, doctors may not necessarily come into contact with everyone, but celebs do with the help of the media. its mainly a case of who is more famous.

lil miz

IF-Dazzler

lil miz

Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:50am | IP Logged
i remember when dat romour went around ,ma mate even slapped da gyal who told her this news news about srk LOL

ok srry back 2 topic

yeh i totally agree wid u but not many pple think like dat.....and like innocent_devil said The Actors touch the feelings or emotions of a mass number but a doctor sees only few patients every day.....

Edited by lil miz - 24 May 2006 at 8:54am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top