FOOD FOR THOUGHT.....are we hypocrites??? - Page 7

Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by Buffie

OK, i know its a typo, but pewrson sounded like mallu...dont they say puwrse etc....lol,

there would be an end..if we accept that because we like a certain person, we turn a blind eye to all their faults..and because we dislike another female, we botch up everythign that she says or does.

YES,  you have strong beliefs and prefer to cling on to your beliefs with all force even when the mightest proof of our being wrong is infront of us.....we chose not to accpet what's right and prefer to yet be in an illusionary world where we think that our opinions and beliefs are irrevocable and irreproachable.......we know it, somewhere in the subconscious that what we are doing is wrong, but we are not ready to come to terms with it....and thus we act as hypocrites

why do u say its wrong in the first place,ok u say mona singh is wrong and bad when she gave such a statement ,why because u believe in it coz u feel it and thats why u strongly felt that what she said was wrong ,how does it become hypocrisy .U feel the proof that is in front of u like the statemnt she made or the way she acted was wrong in ur eyes and hence u feel a certain way abt the person but it need not be the same for everyone.Each one may look at it differently and thats how it is.If u called that hpocrisy then what can one say .

You feel that what she said on tv was wrong and she comes acroos as  arrogant and whatever u feel but i dont feel the same thats all.I can argue the same with you saying that u are a hypocrite coz u want to point out faults and u want to see and read everything in the wrong context but thats not the case,u genuinely felt that what she does or did is wrong or not good and hence u say that .The same goes for others too.I didn't find anything wrong in what she said and believe it so,how does it become turning a blind eye to all faults hwne i didnt see it as fault at all and how does it become turning a blind eye.U think its a fault but i dont so who is right or wrong here?.

I think buffie u are thinking just from ur pov and hence finding all others who do not agree with u as hypocrites. See its very difficult ,the very fact that u find mona singh not as good or the fact that she is not as good is all based on ur opinion of her ineterviews but u have to remember that its not the same for everyone.I and many others may look at it differently and u have to accept that .The same goes for SS too

does it need any more debating😛......so we think that what we feel is right is the ultimate...so we can never be wrong, our gauging can never be wrong, and the person whom we like can never go wrong.....so BECAUSE we dont like ss, she is bad...but because we like mona, she's the angel?????fine, that's normal as no human can accept that the person whom he/she doesnt like can ever be nice.......but here are people whom we dont know from adams......whom we have gauged just by reading interviews, and just by seeing what they say on tv(and mind you, not all will be like ss and speak their hearts out...many will chose to say things even if they do not buy it).....so more than hypocrisy, its just our intransigence........

see again u got the whole thing wrong,why would a person write anything he/she doesn't believe in .Tell me would u do anything in ur life that u dont believe in or dont feel good about . I dont dislike whatever ss does just because i dont like her,infact its the opposite.I dislike ss because of how she comes across which i dont appreciate.Some may find her  very well and cute,but i dont and hence i dislike her.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......please, mona singh was the protagonist and that was the only show in her kitty....parmeet played a sidekick and his character was botched up and he was sidelined..mona was never sidelined so why would she quit....the actors who quit, quit because they were sidelined and not because they were unhappy with the script...samir soni, parmeet sethi, maninie de, maria, bindiya etc etc...

see why are u trying to say mona is wrong or she is not that great  because u feel that way.I don't and its as simple as that.Just because u feel she is the main lead and thats the reason u feel and believe that she did the show till the end doesnt mean that thats the ultimate truth and everyone should feel that way.I dont think like u and I may look at it differently.

yes, we were prejudiced...you accept that....which is synonymous to turning a blind eye

again u are wrong dear,I dont think I am prejudiced at all, I saw both of them,I Liked how mona behaved and disliked how SS behaved and i wrote accordingly .its very simple.You dont think mona is that great based on what u thought abt the interviews and beleieved in .But as i said all may not think alike and accept it.

NO tina, i'm not saying that you wanted manda together..but many here wanted....see, even i have said post mortemed their flirting...but just discussing about that  is different from wanting manda together.......some just indulge in  the former, some in  both 😉

AND it also finally comes down to turning a blind eye to your favourite's faults but scrutinizing the ones who you dont like and thus finding faults with everything😕

see the things that u say are faults may not be faults at all for others.You say that mona's singh comments are wrong and hence criticise her but I do not have to agree with u coz i look at it differently and genuinely believe that what she said wasnt wrong and it has nothing to do with favourites or no favourites.I can say the same abt you,that since u dont like mona or SS,u tend to find most of their comments faulty but the fact is u dont like them because u belive that what they said or did in their interviews and appearances were not right .I hope u understood what i am trying to say here

THAT'S FINE.......but the question remains unanswered and your write up is not the satisfactory answer to the question"are we hypocrites".....

The answer is very clear and thats NO ,We are not hypocrites in appreaciating what and whom we like and disliking wht we dont appreciate or dislike .liking and disliking may be based on various factors ,it depends on individual to individual and hence what u find as wrong may be right to thousands and what i may think as right may be wrong to thousands but all said and done,we should always do and say what we feel is right and like and thats exactky what i said and did.

If people agree with everyone then the world would be one peaceful place .It isnt because what one feels is right may be wrong to millions and it happens to every individual but we are always taught that one must listen to oneself and do what they feel is right and this applies to ur likes and dislikes too.I am not saying that everything is right and we dont make mistakes in our choices but the freedom to express our choices is always there and thats not called HYPOCRISY.

Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago
hey tina..congrats ..u became a dazzler....keep dazzling
wow thanks didnt realise it all ...good gracious 3000 posts wow

Originally posted by tina

why do u say its wrong in the first place,ok u say mona singh is wrong and bad when she gave such a statement ,why because u believe in it coz u feel it and thats why u strongly felt that what she said was wrong ,how does it become hypocrisy .U feel the proof that is in front of u like the statemnt she made or the way she acted was wrong in ur eyes and hence u feel a certain way abt the person but it need not be the same for everyone

i'm not saying that mona is evil and because i dont like her, no one must like her.......all that i'm saying is that we tend to glorify her alot because we love her, but we dont accept it......we dont accept that we hype these stars up like anything and in real life, they are not all that great...i'm not saying that because others dont find anything wrong in what i think is wrong , they become hypocrites....but the fact that they practice favouritisn, but do not accept it makes them (or all of us) hyypocrites....partiality is not hypocrisy, but claiming that we are not partial is hypocrisy.....liking manda and wishing them to get together is not hypocrisy, but saying that we dont want sanda's family to be broken is hypocrisy as we dont truly feel so.......this has nothing to do with liking mona.....but because we like her, defending her faults even when she's subtly wrong makes us hypocrites...now leave alone the comment about her being tired..wasnt contradicting herself wrong???didnt that mean that she had lied all the way till then....is that right???definitely not!!!but even then we defend her...and by now defending ourselves saying that we are not partial, but in all honesty mona singh is great is hypocrisy

I believed what i read in one of the leading newspapers, and i read an interview, not a random write up...now i'm not saying that defending mona is hypocrisy....that's favouritsm which everyone practice....but bashing ss when she comits a mistake but defending mona when she commits a similar one is called hypocrisy....most of the mona lovers are ss haters........now goes without saying that we believe 100% about what's written about ss..but if there's anything written about mona, we chose not to believe it...we are partial, but claim that we are not..that's hypocrisy...being partial is not hypocrisy..but claiming that we are not partial is hypocrisy...the word can be defined in many ways..

Originally posted by TINA

Each one may look at it differently and thats how it is.If u called that hypocrisy then what can one say .

looking at things in different ways definitely is NOT hypocrisy.....like feeling that purab is better for jassi than armaan or vice versa are opinions which can neither be right nor wrong .......but convoluting a wrong statement ,trying to make it sound right is hypocrisy.. (tell me tina, is it right to contradict ourselves..is it right to lie??)......its absolutely allright if you chose not to believe itdefending a wrong statement(consciously knowing that its not right) is hypocrisy......its allright if we dont accept to believe that our beloved person can never go wrong....but claiming that she IS not wrong and that everything else but the person concerned is wrong is hypocrisy...atleast lets be honest and say, because we love mona to death, we even accept her mistakes...that's all i'm trying to say….like how the kyph fans do..they know that their show is dumb, yet accept it and admit that albeit the idiocy, they love it…..they don't try to say that the show is morally correct and thus we like it……we need no reason to like/dislike a person/thing…but when the person/thing we love goes wrong, not believing that it wrong is hypocrisy….

You feel that what she said on tv was wrong and she comes acroos as arrogant and whatever u feel but i dont feel the same thats all.I can argue the same with you saying that u are a hypocrite coz u want to point out faults and u want to see and read everything in the wrong context but thats not the case,u genuinely felt that what she does or did is wrong or not good and hence u say that

YOU are confusing😕😕...what do you mean by

"I can argue the same with you saying that u are a hypocrite coz u want to point out faults and u want to see and read everything in the wrong context but thats not the case,u genuinely felt that what she does or did is wrong or not good and hence u say that "

😕.....i mean, what DID you mean by that....on one hand your saying that even i can be called a hypocrite, and in the very next line you are contradicting yourself and saying that i(meaning buffie) AM AS WELL AS AM NOT a hypocrite😆.....ok, perhaps you meant that even i can be called a hypocrite but you will not as you know that i'm not(that's th only rational way i can construe it in)
firstly, i do agree that i'm a hypocrite....so i disagree with you there again when you say that i'm not...secondly, its not the question as to whether that interview was right or wrong....the same mirror divulged information about the finale episode and we didnt doubt that it can be wrong there....the same mirror said that mona's going to kerala and we didnt argue there........but totally saying that mona never gave such an interview, only because it has some shocking comments by her, and totally reading into what she said with biased eyes is wrong.......totally believing that mona singh can never be wrong but shilpa saklani is always wrong is hypocrisy…..WE MIGHT NOT LIKE SS, BUT WHY HAVE WE DEVELOPED THIS ATTITUDE WHERE ANYTHIGN AND EVERYTHING SHE DOES IS HATED AND CENSURED…..its opposite when it comes to mona..we like her but why do we believe that anything and everything that woman does HAS to be right😕...totally disbelieving controversial statements like "playing jassi was a torture" or that she is dating karan is partiality, and claiming that we are not being partial is hypocrisy......

The same goes for others too.I didn't find anything wrong in what she said and believe it so,how does it become turning a blind eye to all faults hwne i didnt see it as fault at all

you chose not to see it as a mistake...you chose to construe it in a totally different way ...forget about the interview...what about the other points....i am not saying that mona is wrong…....i'm sayingthat we are wrong....that interview was just one of the points...mona's flirting with a married man is accepted...we turn a blind eye to it....we discuss about it, but never in bad light....mona's falling all over a married man does not raise eyebrows, but shilpa's hugging her legally married husband comes in for flak.....that's hypocrisy....now trust me, even if mona hypothetically breaks sanda's marriage, we will never blame her.....

and how does it become turning a blind eye.U think its a fault but i dont so who is right or wrong here?.

but when others commit similar faults, tearing them up into shreds but sparing mona only because she's our favourite is hypocrisy

I think buffie u are thinking just from ur pov and hence finding all others who do not agree with u as hypocrites. See its very difficult ,the very fact that u find mona singh not as good or the fact that she is not as good is all based on ur opinion of her ineterviews but u have to remember that its not the same for everyone.I and many others may look at it differently and u have to accept that .The same goes for SS too

i have earlier said, its got nothing to do with mona or my not likign her or your liking her....its not even you or me but our hypocritical attitude.....accepting even controversial statements, controversial actions, only because she's our favourite but condemning other's similar actions because they are not our favourite is hypocrisy.......always believing that what we think is correct, is indeed correct is wrong...and not accepting that we could have gone wrong, even when we know it, is hypocrisy

i'm not saying that you alone are a hypocrite...all of us here,in some way or the other are hypocrites.....its absolutely right if we like moan, and if we dont like ss...but bashing even the simplest of the simplest statement made by ss, but at the same defending the most controversial statement of mona is wrong...if we can give mona the benefit of doubt when it comes to controversial quotes, we must give ss the same benefit....so when mona's controversial comment that she'll bring her BF home can be pardoned, ss' bragging can also be pardoned......when mona's getting all flirty with apu and his reciprocating it (or vice versa) is right, then ss' PDA and coochikooing is also right......

NO TINA, voicing opinions is not hypocrisy.....nut when someone else says that flirting with a married man is wrong, not accepting to believe it is hypocrisy......

mona's flirting is accepted, but shilpa's trying to save her marriage is censured......falling all over a man is right, but hugging your legal husband is wrong.....these are the points i'm trying to pinpoint.....we are biased to mmona, but we dont accept it, and thus become hypocrites as we claim something which we dont practice

NO TINA, voicing opinions is not hypocrisy.....nut when someone else says that flirting with a married man is wrong, not accepting to believe it is hypocrisy......

mona's flirting is accepted, but shilpa's trying to save her marriage is censured......falling all over a man is right, but hugging your legal husband is wrong.....these are the points i'm trying to pinpoint.....we are biased to mmona, but we dont accept it, and thus become hypocrites as we claim something which we dont practice

see again there is a conflict here ,u have to understand what I am trying to say here , i am talking abt likes and dislikes and u are talking abt right and wrong and these are different from each other. We talk abt mona and apu flirt with each other but where have i said that it was wonderful and great,we just discussed what we saw and the same goes with SS . I do nOt like many things that ss does and hence have commented on it.I havent across any such thing with mona yet so as f now,my impression of her remains that of a smart intelligent gal.

again it comes down to SS ,many may like how she clings to her husband and many dont and I am one of them. If i see mona clinging on to her husband and shriek ,i would give the same reaction.

i'm not saying that mona is evil and because i dont like her, no one must like her.......all that i'm saying is that we tend to glorify her alot because we love her, but we dont accept it......we dont accept that we hype these stars up like anything and in real life, they are not all that great.(NOW what made u think they are not all that great ,they may or may not be ,some may indeed find them great and some like you may not.How can u decide who is right and who is wrong in this.so ultimately u dont find them all that great from what u have seen and believed in but there may be some who find them great in real life too so will u call them hypocrites for finding them great unlike ur opinion of the contrary.

..i'm not saying that because others dont find anything wrong in what i think is wrong , they become hypocrites....but the fact that they practice favouritisn, but do not accept it makes them (or all of us) hyypocrites....partiality is not hypocrisy, but claiming that we are not partial is hypocrisy.

see what u call partiality may just be a matter of like and dislike again depending on each individual. tell me u are close to one friend and are not close to another even though they may be doing some things the same,so does that make u a hypocrite no u are close to that one friend because u liked what u saw in her and maybe u didnt see the same or what u looked for in the other friend and that doesnt make u a hypocrite but thats ur liking .....liking manda and wishing them to get together is not hypocrisy, but saying that we dont want sanda's family to be broken is hypocrisy as we dont truly feel so.in this i agree but i have never said it so I dont think I am guilty of hypocrisy

......this has nothing to do with liking mona.....but because we like her, defending her faults even when she's subtly wrong makes us hypocrites...( ok so who decides that she is faulty and made mistakes,no one as the ones that u call as faults may not even faults for another,and u got the whole liking thing wrong.I repeat I LIKE MONA SINGH BECAUSE OF HOW SHE COMES ACROSS AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN HER TILL NOW .THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIKING AN ACTRESS AND HENCE ACCEPTING WHAT SHE HAS SAID AND ACCEPTING AND APPRECIATING WHAT SHE HAS SAID AND HENCE LIKING HER.

now leave alone the comment about her being tired..wasnt contradicting herself wrong???didnt that mean that she had lied all the way till then....is that right???definitely not!!!but even then we defend her...and by now defending ourselves saying that we are not partial, but in all honesty mona singh is great is hypocrisy 

see again u say that her contradicting herself was wrong and that she lied which u believed in but when i read the same article,i looked at it differently that she was in a contract for 2 years and she had to speak as jassi and hence she made all those comments,after the makeover she could speak for herself and at one point ,got bored of playing jassi andwanted to move on .You saw that as wrong and i see it in this way ,now who decides who is right and wrong between us and our opinions ?

I believed what i read in one of the leading newspapers, and i read an interview, not a random write up...now i'm not saying that defending mona is hypocrisy....that's favouritsm which everyone practice....but bashing ss when she comits a mistake but defending mona when she commits a similar one is called hypocrisy...

see again u believe that she made a mistake but it need not be the same for everyone ,similarly u may think SS or mona comitted a mistake but many may not so who decides who is right and wrong .The fact is its not a question of mistake or right,its  a question of what u like and dislike.I do not appreciate what i have seen of SS and hence dislike her and i have never analysed it as right or wrong.THE SAME GOES FOR MONA TOO ,I feel she carries herself very well and hence admire her from what i have seen so far.

.most of the mona lovers are ss haters.......I appreciate mona coz she behaves well from atleast what i have seen and i dotn hate SS ,I just dislike the way she portrays herself from what i have seen so far,there is a difference.now goes without saying that we believe 100% about what's written about ss..but if there's anything written about mona, we chose not to believe it...we are partial, but claim that we are not..that's hypocrisy...being partial is not hypocrisy..but claiming that we are not partial is hypocrisy...the word can be defined in many ways..

looking at things in different ways definitely is NOT hypocrisy.....like feeling that purab is better for jassi than armaan or vice versa are opinions which can neither be right nor wrong .......but convoluting a wrong statement ,trying to make it sound right is hypocrisy.. (tell me tina, is it right to contradict ourselves..is it right to lie??).again what u see as a lie may not be the same for others ,u think of it as a lie ,I look at it differently .....its absolutely allright if you chose not to believe itdefending a wrong statement yeah but who decides whether she is wrong or right ,we can only like or dislike what is said . (consciously knowing that its not right) is hypocrisy......its allright if we dont accept to believe that our beloved person can never go wrong.again buffie repeating myself what u see as wrong may not be so for others and that doesnt mean hypocrisy...but claiming that she IS not wrong and that everything else but the person concerned is wrong is hypocrisy...atleast lets be honest and say, because we love mona to death, we even accept her mistakes who decides if its a mistake or not.You say that its a mistake ,others may not look at it the same way as u do and thats not wrong coz each person may see things differntly for eg u hated the kurta that ur neighbour gifted you but there may be thosands who like the kurta for their own reasons.......so who decides who is right here ,it ultimately comes down to ur like and dslikes ...that's all i'm trying to say….like how the kyph fans do..they know that their show is dumb, yet accept it and admit that albeit the idiocy, they love it…..they don't try to say that the show is morally correct and thus we like it……we need no reason to like/dislike a person/thing…but when the person/thing we love goes wrong, not believing that it wrong is hypocrisy….again who decides who is wrong or right here ,u may think its wrong ,I may not so now who is the hypocrite amonst us ,how will u decide 

like for eg , u like a particular vegetable and do not like a partcular vegetable because of various factors that u have experienced while eating it .both the vegetables may have equal vitamins and stuff but u like the taste better of one vegetable now that doesnt mean all the people who dislike the other vegetable and like the other are hypocrites coz both have flavour and taste.The fact is some like the taste of one and some like the taste of the other so now who decides which is better and which is right and wrong.

YOU are confusing😕😕...what do you mean by

😕.....i mean, what DID you mean by that....on one hand your saying that even i can be called a hypocrite, and in the very next line you are contradicting yourself and saying that i(meaning buffie) AM AS WELL AS AM NOT a hypocrite😆.....ok, perhaps you meant that even i can be called a hypocrite but you will not as you know that i'm not(that's th only rational way i can construe it in)
firstly, i do agree that i'm a hypocrite....so i disagree with you there again when you say that i'm not...secondly, its not the question as to whether that interview was right or wrong....the same mirror divulged information about the finale episode and we didnt doubt that it can be wrong there....the same mirror said that mona's going to kerala and we didnt argue there........but totally saying that mona never gave such an interview, only because it has some shocking comments by her, and totally reading into what she said with biased eyes is wrong.......totally believing that mona singh can never be wrong but shilpa saklani is always wrong is hypocrisy…..WE MIGHT NOT LIKE SS, BUT WHY HAVE WE DEVELOPED THIS ATTITUDE WHERE ANYTHIGN AND EVERYTHING SHE DOES IS HATED AND CENSURED…..its opposite when it comes to mona..we like her but why do we believe that anything and everything that woman does HAS to be right😕...totally disbelieving controversial statements like "playing jassi was a torture" or that she is dating karan is partiality, and claiming that we are not being partial is hypocrisy......

you chose not to see it as a mistake.see again u have decided its a mistake coz u believe so but what if i dont see it like thatwhat if i saw it as something else ..you chose to construe it in a totally different way ...forget about the interview...what about the other points....i am not saying that mona is wrong…....i'm sayingthat we are wrong....that interview was just one of the points...mona's flirting with a married man is accepted...we turn a blind eye to it....we discuss about it, but never in bad light....mona's falling all over a married man does not raise eyebrows, but shilpa's hugging her legally married husband comes in for flak.....that's hypocrisy....now trust me, even if mona hypothetically breaks sanda's marriage, we will never blame her.....

but when others commit similar faults, tearing them up into shreds but sparing mona only because she's our favourite is hypocrisy see u think SS commits a fault but many dont and may not agree with u .So what i mean is we like and dislike what we see ,its not a question who is right or wrong but a matter of whom do  like and appreciate from what u see and whom u dont

i have earlier said, its got nothing to do with mona or my not likign her or your liking her....its not even you or me but our hypocritical attitude.....accepting even controversial statements, controversial actions, only because she's our favourite but condemning other's similar actions because they are not our favourite is hypocrisy.whats controversial to you may not be so for others so how will u say or decide whos right in this or wrong......always believing that what we think is correct, is indeed correct is wrong...and not accepting that we could have gone wrong, even when we know it, is hypocrisy who decides who is wrong and right .we dont have police or government to say that this celebrity is right and this ones wrong in her statements . we appreciate what we see in one and may or may not appreciate what we see in another ,so how can we decide whos right and who is wrong

i'm not saying that you alone are a hypocrite...all of us here,in some way or the other are hypocrites.....its absolutely right if we like moan, and if we dont like ss...but bashing even the simplest of the simplest statement made by ss, but at the same defending the most controversial statement of mona is wrong...if we can give mona the benefit of doubt when it comes to controversial quotes, we must give ss the same benefit....so when mona's controversial comment that she'll bring her BF home can be pardoned, ss' bragging can also be pardoned......when mona's getting all flirty with apu and his reciprocating it (or vice versa) is right, then ss' PDA and coochikooing is also right......
yes but its not necessary that i should like whatever they do .I didnt like their chipkofying at all ,they may be right but its not necessary that since they were right,I shoud like them for what they did.The same goes for all of them.I havent coem across such an instance from mona's side and have always seen her as a person who carries herself very well and hence i admire her .

Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago

Well, I am just a silent lurker and I don't post often, but Buffy's post really drew me out. This is a fantastic post, yes, food for thought, actually too much food..dare i say 😆😆

I am not a MANDA lover or something and I don't pay a lot of attention to a little nudges and winks (yeah, MANDA lovers, I know, I am missing the best part..right)

I have nothing against Shilpa, I saw her in Kusum and she was fine.

In the end I would like to say one thing, Shilpa just comes across as plain, (hmmm how should I say it) - yes, 'unsophisticated' - that's the word.

Let me explain, Both Mona and SS are in showbiz, its a shallow world, looks, impression, the way you carry yourself is very important. Most people have looks, but you need to have personality, style, whatever you are - a rebel without a cause or a philanthropist - you have to do with style, with grace and with panace.

Shilpa comes across as crass, sorry guys, but yes, that is how I feel. In real life, Mona may be nasty, illiterate, narrow-minded - the audience doesn't know and doesn't care, but the impression that she gives is surely not that.

1. Clothes - Even if you wear a Potato Sack, you should be able to carry it. What does Shilpa wear, has anybody seen her wearing a nice saree and looking 'elegant', yes that's the word 'elegant', 'ladylike'. She is thin, she can look very nice but when you look at her, all I say is a piece of cloth wrapped tightly around a bamboo stick. Gauri Pradhan is thin too, but look how she dresses, simple and elegant, for that matter, Mona too. You can look good - just don't overdo it.

2. Ok, lets assume that your taste in clothes is bad, and you cannot differentiate between clothing style of Govinda and AB Baby to save your life. I mean, even if you are wearing a red tweed coat on a black and white striped tight pyjamas but if you can speak well, hold a conversation and come across as someone educated, we will let it slide by. Atleast be intelligent, or atleast pretend to be. When you open your mouth, people should hear someone who looks like she is well-read and a pleasant person to talk with, one with whom you can have intelligent conversation. I mean, your IQ may be below 0, but atleast don't make it obvious, like in Kandy FLoss, this woman opened her mouth and you could see that there isn't anything much going on up there, in her head. Not impressing someone is one thing, but coming across as stupid, uneducated, 'narrow-minded' and plain crass is another. It just puts people off

3. The way people carry themselves - Ok, you have a husband and we are happy that you do. You can give him hickeys on his neck in full view of your friends - we don't care, but when you are outside, atleast look around, before you decide to maul him from every other direction. Lots of people in public glare have got married, Big 'B' and Jayaji, ok, they are kinda old, Kajal and Ajay Devgan or even closer to home, Gauri and Hiten. They also fell in love, they are also young, they feel the same, but do you see them cling desperately to their husband for dear life. PDA is good, but subtly done, not 'over the top' - 'you scream, I scream' kind of way. I mean, if you feel very lucky to have him as your husband - by all means do, praise him, look at him adoringly, cheer him from the sidelines, we are not blind, we can see love, we can see those emotions. But Shilpa, whatever she does, just comes across as absolutely made-up, deliberate, on the purpose, 'in your face' type and your reaction is obvious 'ouccchhhh, get off woman...ewwww'. If you possess a big piece of diamond and you want to show it off, you wear it on occasions but dress it down, let people notice - not put neon lights on it that people notice, or talk about it, like make it so obvious, like you are shoving it down the throat.

So all in all, I would say that Mona doesn't have to do much (not to take credit away from her, she carries herself well) - Its Shilpa who makes our job easier by making us like Mona. She is just so MS at times that we have take our slippers and run in the other direction - any direction - just away from her...

Edited by ghunoo - 17 years ago

NOW what made u think they are not all that great ,they may or may not be ,some may indeed find them great and some like you may not.How can u decide who is right and who is wrong in this.so ultimately u dont find them all that great from what u have seen and believed in but there may be some who find them great in real life too so will u call them hypocrites for finding them great unlike ur opinion of the contrary.

..i never called you a hypocrite for finding someone great....by all means you can!!(ps OH please, great people are the ones like mahatma gandhi, mother teresa etc....why put mona on those pedestals when she's just a mere human, a mere television star whom WE DONT EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT....)tina, i do not hate mona or hell, i do not even dislike her as i dont know her/have not met her...but i hate and dislike the way you'll people hype her..you'll make her great,youll make an ordinary looking woman a madhubala....mona is just a normal television actor....nd there are many others like her... ....again, i'm not calling your bias hypocrisy....but your unwillingness to accept that you are biased

Originally posted by Tina

see what u call partiality may just be a matter of like and dislike again depending on each individual. tell me u are close to one friend and are not close to another even though they may be doing some things the same,so does that make u a hypocrite no u are close to that one friend because u liked what u saw in her and maybe u didnt see the same or what u looked for in the other friend and that doesnt make u a hypocrite but thats ur liking

well, you may not be knowing this, but i fell apart with my closest friend at IF because i didnt favour her when i felt she was wrong!!!and because i divulged something which someone confided in me, we broke up and are no more in talking terms 😭 .....but i , having accused you'll and even myself, can say that i dont favour my closest friends either....and some here know it all 😉 guess what, i have defended mona when someone out of the blue called her fat, ugly and manly......difficult to believe right, but true!!

Originally posted by Tina

ok so who decides that she is faulty and made mistakes,no one as the ones that u call as faults may not even faults for another,and u got the whole liking thing wrong.I repeat I LIKE MONA SINGH BECAUSE OF HOW SHE COMES ACROSS AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN HER TILL NOW .THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIKING AN ACTRESS AND HENCE ACCEPTING WHAT SHE HAS SAID AND ACCEPTING AND APPRECIATING WHAT SHE HAS SAID AND HENCE LIKING HER.

ok tina, on second thoughts, i now accept it that a few of her statements maybe not wrong but controversial...but tell me, isnt contradiction wrong??...when jjkn started she said i'm just like jassi, then now she says i'm not at all like jassi.....i agree that people change over the years time..but not so greatly also that three years back they were one person and three years later they are not like that person.....agree, drastic changes do happen, but drastic situations lead to drastic changes..and nothing so drastic has happened in mona's life that three years back, she was exactly like jassi and three years later, she is not at all like jassi......no tina, i'm not saying that her getting fed up with the script or her wanting to move on was wrong....but the way she put it"its disheartening to know the jjkn's not ending", "it was a mental torture playing jassi" deserve flak.....earlier she said it was easy playing jassi as she doesnt have to do any homework as jassi was just like her..but then now she said that i wasnt at all like her and it was a torture...such contradictory statements are wrong and you'll tree huggies defend even those...that's hypocrisy

see again u say that her contradicting herself was wrong and that she lied which u believed in but when i read the same article,i looked at it differently that she was in a contract for 2 years and she had to speak as jassi and hence she made all those comments,after the makeover she could speak for herself and at one point ,got bored of playing jassi and wanted to move on .You saw that as wrong and i see it in this way ,now who decides who is right and wrong between us and our opinions ?

so accordint to you contradicting herself was not wrong....atleast accept it that you read mona with biased eyes,....any person who reads her contradictons wouldnt defend her...how is blatent lying justified???how could she possibly enjoy doing jassi as well as hate playing it???...she sounded ambivalent.....she never said anything that because i was bounded by a contract, i had to parrot what tnD and tarun taught me and repeat it without even mincing one word....ok, fina tina, i will accept everything provided mona singh comes up and accepts that she has been lying all through because she was forced to and didnt have another choice.....you might again say that she didnt mean it that way, she earlier enjoyed it, later hated it...but she has specifically said that "jassi is me" earlier and "i'm not jassi" later.....how can someone lie so patently about their own personality, unless mona singh is suffering from multiple personality disorder😕

again what u see as a lie may not be the same for others ,u think of it as a lie ,I look at it differently

AH, it beats me......how can the following be anything buy lying

2003:i am jassi...i am just like her and do not have to put in any effort to play jassi..i enjoy playing jassi

2006:i am not jassi, i am mona singh...it was a torture playing jassi as people used to think i'm jassi when i was not..i had to constantly remind myself that jassi is not me

😕 how can this be anything but lying 😕 sorry tina, but THIS WAS WRONG AND CANNOT BE DEFENDED...ANY NEUTRAL PERSON WOULD SAY ITS WRONG....so do you say that this is right😲😲..that makes you biased, and your unwillingmness to accept it makes you a hypocrite...

like for eg , u like a particular vegetable and do not like a partcular vegetable because of various factors that u have experienced while eating it .both the vegetables may have equal vitamins and stuff but u like the taste better of one vegetable now that doesnt mean all the people who dislike the other vegetable and like the other are hypocrites coz both have flavour and taste.The fact is some like the taste of one and some like the taste of the other so now who decides which is better and which is right and wrong.

very good point 👏 but if the vegetable i love is rotten, i will agree that that set is rotten...it will not make me dislike the vegetable as a whole, but nevertheless, i will accept that it is rotten/withered...i wouldnt try to say that the vegetable tasted splendid when it didnt..and if i say that, i become a hypocrite....ok, lets say the lettuc is my favourite vegetable and potato is what i hate(its actually the opposite 😆 )..say the lettuce is withered....and it tasted awful...and my mom had made potato as well and the potato tasted better than the lettuce ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY...just because lettuce is my favourite, i wouldnt say that it hadnt withered....now tomorrow if my mom makes lettuce and potato again, and if this time the lettuce tasted good, i woudl eat it, relish it, savour it, .....but at the same time, if someone tells me that "oh y'day it tasted so awful", i wouldnt disagree

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i'm tired as its only me debating on this side😆😆.....but its alarming

here i go again

1)mona's flirting with a married man is considered to be allright, but ss' hugging her own husband is bad(i know ss overdoes it, but even manda's affection is pda is some sort..)..when we cannot cut shilpa any flak, why cut mona

2)mona's contradicting herown self is defended when it beats neutral people as to how it could be defended

3)mona's falling all over a married man doesnt raise even a single eyebrow😲😕

tina, in a way you have accepted it....you say that there is no book which says which is right and which is wrong..its all our personal choices...but you know, in the name of personal choices, we try to justify to our own selves and to everyone that something which is gray is white, but not black....we deliberately chose to look at things in good light, which is partiality
see buffie, no one is hypocrite here, no one is defending mona and abusing ss for the same thing, if it had happened what u told would have been right, but context were completely different,
if u holding that one interview has ur reason to hate mona, see it like this, if it was true word to word,then also the interpretation of tina, fan is also as good,
hansini thought i am being biased when it came to press interviews of mona, here too let me tell one thing clearly i gave benefit of doubt to mona only when i read another report(source which i told -indiatimes tv guide)where she tells her words were misquoted, now if i can believe one press report why i should not believe this report.
none of those who personally met mona had a thing to say against her, neither sid, nor tablet or any one but the same is not the case with ss, then how can u say we are being partial towards mona singh.