India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Impact of Jassi’s make over

bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 4:41am | IP Logged
This is an extract taken from expressindia.com Ahammedabad city news. If it has been posted earlier, please ignore it. I just wanted to put it here to see the impact of Jassi's make over and the effects of "Beauty is greater than brains" idea of t&D.
Friday , April 08, 2005

Swapna Nair

Swapna Nair

Kyunki Jassi makeover jaisa kuch nahin...
Beauty clinics introduce special makeover packages, offer skin, hair and weight loss treatments
Swapna Nair
null hspace4Ahmedabad, April 7: The ugly duckling turned swan tale is a favourite with young girls. But with both Jassi (Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin) and Nikki (Dekho Magar Pyar Se...) losing their braces and 'soda-bottle' glasses for a modern and attractive look, the idea of transforming into a beauty has gripped women in the city, too. The whole concept which worked well for TV channels has set the cash register ringing for beauty parlours here. While some beauty clinics associated with Jassi Jaisi... have introduced special makeover packages, local beauty parlours are offering tailormade treatment for skin, hair and weight loss.
''People come in and ask me 'If Jassi can look like this, why can't I'?'' says Zabin Abbas of Shehnaz Herbal. She offers a range of haircuts and skin eatments that ''suits the pockets of the middle-class.'' VLCC introduced an 'Aap Jaisi Koi Nahin' package (hair and skin treatment) two weeks ago. Business Head (VLCC) Sandeep Ahuja said, ''The package is a way of extending our association with Jassi. We have already booked 60 clients for the package we launched at our new C G Road centre.'' The package is targeted at ''every girl who wants to pamper herself, not just a plain Jane.'' The package costs Rs 8,000 onwards for the complete makeover which includes weight-loss sessions also. ''This is a big hit with aspiring models who want to change their looks from head to toe,'' says Prakriti Parmar, Assistant Centre Manager of VLCC, Satellite branch. Even Personal Point has young clients who want a makeover done in one sitting, says director Preeti Bhansali. Seeking to change her look, Riddhi Patel, a Std X student of Mt Carmel School, cut her hair short. The next week, she tried some funky colours on her hair — the lower portion is red and yellow, while the upper portion has almond streaks with red tips. Next, she got a facial to get 'the glow' and shopped for bright clothes. ''Then, I headed off to the club. I received so many compliments that I'm dying to show off my new look to my friends,'' says an excited Riddhi, who never misses to catch up with Remix on Star One. It's main character Anvesha Ray Bannerjee has definitely made an impression on Riddhi. About the makeover packages, she says, ''The idea rocks! I will not mind experimenting if they also offer body toning.'' Her mother Mona, too, has got her hair coloured and is game for makeovers ''as long as it suits the pocket.'' ''One must opt for a makeover at least once in life. I strongly vouch for it,'' says 31-year-old Sonali Patel, a Reiki practitioner who gets her makeover ideas from ''TV, magazines and Oprah Winfrey shows.'' Her tip: ''Try the oxygen facial or the metallic one. Change your hairstyle and experiment with textures.'' These days she is working out to look fit. ''I am keen on trying out the makeover packages now,'' she says. ''Makeover is in. Some people even made me watch serials to show me the look they wanted!'' says Karishma Patel of Women's Beauty and Hair Care. Even Kaya Skin Clinic has launched a Jassi Makeover Package which offers skin and laser treatments. ''More than 70 per cent of our clients have inquired about this. By the second week of launch, we got good responses,'' says Kaya's corporate officer. A makeover is the thing during the wedding season, says Aanal Christian, director of La Femme. ''The season will begin in a couple of days. Thanks to media hype, lots of youngsters have visited me for makeover sessions,'' she says. ''Even businessmen have approached us because they feel their looks do not inspire confidence,'' she adds. The focus is not just on skin and hair, a good smile is equally important. So, while earlier people approached dentists to correct a deformity, people come in nowadays to shape teeth and bleach it, too. ''They are aware of every little detail. And, they go for the treatment without bothering about the money,'' says orthodontist A D Madan.

</>

Edited by bluelotus - 22 April 2005 at 4:43am

smita24 Goldie
smita24
smita24

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 4:50am | IP Logged
thanks for the Article Big smile
ms-tabu Goldie
ms-tabu
ms-tabu

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 5:28am | IP Logged
thanks,blue
lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 5:39am | IP Logged

awwwww smita...please dont go..im sorry wasnt able to log in yesterday......will be going on a 2 week vacation....will be back only after that so see you guys then ....CryCry

bye

bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 5:43am | IP Logged
smita where r u going?
sumeet_here Senior Member
sumeet_here
sumeet_here

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 6:09am | IP Logged
abey plzz yaar not again...i know dat most of de ppl do not like jassiz makeova but can we juss leave it n go on......Dead 
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top