Manasi_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 19 years ago
Ever since I have come back from a holiday i seem to be forever asking questions😉 Do any of u like reading? And by reading I mean serious reading...not Page 3 and glossy magzines. I have a lot of free time at present...want books to read. I like reading auto/biographies. At present I am reading a book called 'The Polyester Prince - The Rise of Dhirubhai Ambani' This book is banned in India, but it really gives u an insight on how Dhirubhai worked. Let me know of any other good books to read.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aashi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

welll....dunno bout biographies..but maybe u'll enjoy "the da vinci code"... its really good..i recently read it.. or maybe books by ayn rand.

if u like emotional books but fictional ones..daniel steel is a good author.. especially " the long road home" and "the house on hope street"... they're really touching..!!

hey ... can u suggest sum good biographies or any other gud books that u've come across... lets see...maybe al enjoy some... i wanna explore into new directions of reading rather than the usual fiction... if u can suggest sum gud books...😊

Edited by aashi - 19 years ago
Manasi_16 thumbnail
You shud read 'The Tunnel of Time' - RK Laxman's autobiography. In fiction try Final Diagonosis & Flight into Danger both by Arthur Hailey. They are so well written that u will not think its fiction
livingforelvis thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
u ppl do serious reading ...... since my ssc board exam got over i generally sleep and am on the net the rest of the time....
Manasi_16 thumbnail
I love readin a lot. Even during by 10 boards, I used to stay up till 2.00 to read in bed. But 2 years in science has actaully broken my habit
aashi thumbnail
thnx  a tonne manasi.... al look out for these books...😊
galactic4_1000 thumbnail

I loveeee reading!!! Infact durin the 10th boards thats wat i used to do during most of my breaks!!

But i like fiction books mostly and autobiographies are nice too..but i cant read non fiction bks on abstract kinda stuff....maybe i'll develop a likin later on??!!

I can suggest good fiction bks for u guys to read!! Like tango One by Stephen Leather is a rockin bk!! And Fast Forward by Judy mercer

I've read one autobiography by Vijaya Raje Scindia...its real nice coz she atlks about her life as a child when india still had princely states..so it was interestin!Try it! It gets a bitter boring in the middle but on the whole its nice.

ps-u really admire the ambani family dont u!

Manasi_16 thumbnail
I surely do...I have created a google alert on my email for Anil Ambani😛
aashi thumbnail
hey thnx galactic al try to get those books u suggested.... n ey manasi i cudn get Final Diagonosis & Flight into Danger...but got hold of detective by the same author... it was toooooo fat so i left it.....😆
galactic4_1000 thumbnail

hey aashi,,i gotta another bk for u to try out!! Try To kill a Mockingbird by i think Harper lee.

Its based on America at the time when there was racial discrimination...and about the life of these 2 kids in a smallish county of america. Its real sweet bk...so see if u can read it!