TOI: U hv to be brave to do big boss-Abigail

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

You have to be brave to do a bigg boss: Abigail Jain

Ano Patel, TNN | Mar 15, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:TV Actor|Abigail Jain
You have to be brave to do a bigg boss: Abigail Jain
Abigail Jain

T he chirpy and vivacious telly actor Abigail sounds like a confident young woman as you strike a conversation with her. And she credits her confidence and go-getter attitude to her working for a long time in glambiz.

She says, "I have been acting since I was 15 years old. And I was never so confident earlier. I had never imagined I will be an actress." Abigail Jain, who made her debut in tellytown with the show Kya Dill Mein Hai and then did Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai, is currently enacting the role of a boxer in Humse Hai Life.

Abigail is happy that she can be completely herself in the show. She says, "I can play my age in this show. The show has its light and funny moments as well." Abigail decided to do the show because it is based on boxing. "It is a different concept as boxing is predominantly a male sport. The show was in the sense that it required me to play a 'tomboy' and so I was attracted to take up this challenge," she says. From playing the good beti, bahu and now a school girl; Abigail feels that there is a difference in the role she is doing now than the roles she enacted earlier. She says, "The earlier shows required me to wear traditional outfits and now I am wearing a school uniform. There is also a different level of energy on the sets as everybody is new and learning on the sets."
Abigail's father Vijay Pande is a television serial director. Ask her if she takes any advice from him and pat comes the reply. She says, "I get very conscious in front of my father. I can't act when he is there on the sets. He is my critic; he'll always find my faults and tell me where I can improve. So whenever I have to do a difficult scene, I sit with him and read the scene to him first." But Abigail's father is not the only one that belongs to the world of showbiz in her family. Her younger sister Kimberly is also a television actor and debuted on the small screen with Bandini. She says, "Like me, even Kimberly was scared and nervous when she made her debut. But I think she is the real actor when you compare us both. She is so natural, focused and extremely smart; and is good in her studies as well. She is a better actress than I am."

Abigail, who has done a few reality shows like Nachle Ve and Meethi Choori No 1, says that she would like to do more such shows. She avers, "I love dancing. And I would like to take up more reality shows as I get to do something different from acting. You get to play yourself in these shows. But yes, you have to be really brave to do a Bigg Boss!" When Abigail is not working she likes playing the piano and watching movies. She also loves pets and says that she had a Labrador earlier. She says, "I have a iniature Pomeranian dog called Honey. I am totally in love with my dog."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
great interview abi.. love u loads jan..!
ur a fine actress... love u! 😃
Edited by Masooma Bukhari - 12 years ago
thanks for this nice article.abigail is a superb actress.i personally don't want her to do reality show like big boss cause its not good for a fan to see worst thing of a actor to come out.
.ishqbulava. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
TFS !
amazing interview..!! she is an awsome n talented actress..!!
Love u loadss...Abi..!!❤️