Kkusum
Kkusum

Kshitijs(Amit Sareen’s)fiance Nisha Arora

Anoli IF-Sizzlerz
Anoli
Anoli

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 12:56am | IP Logged
FROM NEW YORK TO BOMBAY

Little India How strange is life? One minute you're attending Queens College and commuting by subway and the next you're a star in Bollywood films! This happened to Nisha Arora, an Indian-American who grew up in Queens and now lives in Hicksville, Long Island. She's landed an interesting role in the film Supari, which stars Nandita Das, Uday Chopra and Rahul Dev. It's produced by Padam Kumar, who made Champion earlier with Sunny Deol and Manisha Koirala.
So how did a NY girl get involved in Bombay cinema? Nisha, who hadn't been to India in 16 years, went to visit her sister, who's married to Padam Kumar. "I was always into fashion and liked the glamour line," recalls Nisha. "Cinema always intrigued me."
Within a month she had joined classes at the celebrated Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Lab, where many of the actors of the new brigade have been trained, and found acting to be her cup of tea. "You won't believe it, I used to wake up every morning and say, 'Wow! Acting is therapeutic!' I found it really effortless, maybe as they say, acting is inborn, and I explored all these different horizons inside of me through this acting class."
After graduating, she acted in theater in ISKON, the main lead in a Hindi Punjabi play based on the riots in 1980: " It was to get rid of any leftover inhibitions I might have had. After all, you only get one take in theater, so if you can do theater, you can definitely do films."
All along she was helping with production on the sets of her brother-in-law's film Supari without any plans of being in the film. She says, "It seems as if everyone needs a godfather in Bollywood but that's not true. I did all my struggling myself. I was the last one to be added to the script so it definitely was not a home thing at all. Lots of people were auditioned for the role of Saraswati." The film has ten characters and Saraswati is one of the important ones. She is very Indian in her morality and in her ethics, but has a very Western approach to life. Says Nisha, "This character was evolving over the course of the year and I was told that I suited the role. I didn't even know Padam was considering me all this time in his head!"
The film is scheduled for a May release in India and the United States. For Nisha, Bollywood is definitely a part of her future. She laughs, " In fact, I didn't have those dreams when I was in New York. I was shell-shocked when I got to India. I had a culture shock myself! Now I say 'Wow, India's advanced!'"

rat718 Senior Member
rat718
rat718

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Thanks. I think she is so-- so-so-- ugly for cute Kshtij. He deserved better!Smile
Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 11:43am | IP Logged
OMG PLEASE NOOOO Kumud's better!!!or Ganga!
marrygoround Goldie
marrygoround
marrygoround

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 11:47am | IP Logged

thankx for sharing,

but i really dont like her for amit.he is so cute and soft.

she  looks older too,neways,wish dem happy life.

dish_fish1 Goldie
dish_fish1
dish_fish1

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
yea she is so ugly she looks lik vidhi,lollllllllllllllllllll
ejaz fan 609 Senior Member
ejaz fan 609
ejaz fan 609

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 2:00pm | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing!

i agree wid all u guys, she is ugly and amit deserves better

Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 2:38pm | IP Logged

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

how can he have that bad choice, Kumud is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better!!

Anyways, Best of luck, ( I don't know what to say now--COngrats??)

Love is Indeed Blind!

sweet_ak92 IF-Sizzlerz
sweet_ak92
sweet_ak92

MJHT's 2nd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Wowww...I AGREE ksitij (amit Sareen) deserves much more that her she is sooooo ugly .....maybe even me....LOL  lolz....just kiddin no joke he really does deservesomeone better....hes good with kumud i find...Big smile

Go to top