Page 1 of 1

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 3:35pm | IP Logged

Narayani says no to Balaji

The actress turns down a plum role in their forthcoming serial

Reena Thapar Kapoor

After a couple of successful roles, Narayani Shastri is in a position to call the shots today. Evident when she turned down a role from Ekta Kapoor's Balaji production, the same house that launched her career several years ago.

Narayani's advent on the television circuit was with the roles of Kesar in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Tashu in Kkusum. As the serials gained popularity, so did Narayani. So great was the Balaji-Narayani success quotient that despite playing the lead in a non Balaji show, Piya Ka Ghar, she continued to be known as Kesar and Tashu. But she parted ways with the production house by first opting out of Kyunki...and later walking out of Kkusum (she was brought back in the latter by public demand).

"At that time I had returned to Kkusum because Tashu's character had substance to it," says Narayani. "But when I realised that the character and my track were going nowhere I decided to opt out. There was no controversy over that."

Ever since the parting, it been a while since Narayani worked with her mentor Ekta again. "We shall work together when we find a suitable character for me," she assures, when asked about her alleged fallout with Ekta. "There was never any fall out. As an actor I'm allowed to decide what characters I want to play. If I'm offered an earth-shattering role I'll jump up and grab it."  But Narayani did no such thing when Balaji offered her a plum role in their forthcoming Star One show Garima. Actress Smriti Irani, who is scheduled to play the lead in the show, also happens to be its joint producer. It is alleged that Narayani first confirmed her presence and backed out later. "I was supposed to play Smriti's younger sister in the show. It was a great character but unfortunately I had to turn it down," she says.

The buzz around is that after playing the lead in Piya Ka Ghar, Narayani does not want to settle for anything but the lead role. The actress who is currently busy with her new show Twinkle Beauty Parlor continues to cite date problems as the reason behind her refusal. "It's all about a good role and a good production house," she says. "I'm already doing one daily show that keeps me busy through month and it is not possible to take up any more work. However I did try to work things out. I'm sure Ekta understands my sentiments since we all work in the same industry," she adds.

Her Balaji innings

As Kesar in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, she played Tulsi's docile cousin. The character was modelled after Tulsi, where she played the traditional Indian girl

In sharp contrast to Kesar, Tashu in Kkusum was a vamp. She married Abhay Kapoor, played by Anuj Saxena

Edited by monika.goel - 22 May 2006 at 3:40pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Narayani says no to Balaji" in Piya Ka Ghar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Thnx for sharing. Big smile

IMILWAAKAOO

Goldie

IMILWAAKAOO

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
tfs Big smile
(she looks ugly in the pic on the right Confused Dead )

Premkidiwaani

IF-Dazzler

Premkidiwaani

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top