Kavita tossed out of CID

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anishma24

IF-Sizzlerz

anishma24

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Kavita tossed out of CID

Kaushik is accused of being unprofessional and not willing to do the required stunts

Kunal M Shah

Actress Kavitha Kaushik who replaced Sai Deodhar on Sony's CID has been removed from the show. Apparently, Kavita could not cope up with the action element of the show, and is said to have chickened out at the last moment

Yash Patnaik, Business Head (Fireworks) says, "We brought in Kavita to replace Sai Deodar and she was very kicked about the show initially," he says. "She seemed eager to do the stunts. However, she began to create problems and was reluctant about doing a lot of action-scenes. CID is a hardcore thriller—stunts are a must for us. I think Kavita was a little disinterested. Moreover, she is not involved in her work. Even the directors of the show would complain about her. In that sense, she fell short of our expectations. Thankfully, she herself said that she wanted to discontinue acting in the show. This made things easy for us. Anyway, we were going to drop her. Now, a suitable replacement is being worked out," adds Patnaik.

When contacted Kavita said, "There were no issues at all. I quit because I didn't have much to do on the show. I did CID for six months but to be very frank, it has no scope for women. I was completely under-utilised."

Kavita denies having any problems, "It's not that I just wanted to do stunts. I have always done shows where I can also display my acting skills. I used to often get bored on the sets and only have a few lines to enact. The actor in me craved to do something more. It's not true that I was disinterested. I love my work and all these allegations seem absurd to me."

Kavita Kaushik won't have to do such daredevil stunts anymore

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kavita tossed out of CID" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shakstar

IF-Rockerz

Shakstar

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
oh dear! Ouch the thing that suprised me in the article was that she has been in CID for 6 months!! im sure its only been 4 months coz Sai was there in Jan when Rajeev was also there? Confused

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Oh...that's not good. I hope they find a good replacement. Thanks for sharing.

iss3

iss3

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Kavita Kaushik out of CID? Shocked

aish2

IF-Sizzlerz

aish2

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:31am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 10:16am | IP Logged
kavita gayi! thank god! she is just a kavita! not A real KAvita !!! lol anyway nakhre wali ho ho...out!!!!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 24 May 2006 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing! Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top