Rang Badalti Odhani

Music Shot: Sleeping At Last.. (Take a peek)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

PhoenixRadar

IF-Rockerz

PhoenixRadar

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Hi Friends!Star
Not many of you know me! I'm Annie.
I had joined I-F long ago, for RBO, but didn't start any topics as I was new here and was still in the learning process.
I've a list of many FFs/SSs in my watch topics related to our very own dear couple - Shaan and Khanak. And I still follow them!
At present am in the Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Forum. And I've seen some of it's members, taking part here, in Rang Badalti Odhani Forum too! Glad to see you here too! (though I don't know them!)
Okay, so here, I wanted to post something on Shaan-Khanak! First thing that I wanted to post in the form of fiction was for them. But couldn't get hold of any good storyline or anything!
I have written a Music Shot named Sleeping At Last on IPKKND couple and I would love to share it with you guys, by putting in our dear Shaan and Khanak here.
Hope you guys like it! Those who have already read it, I would like to tell you that there'll be no changes, except for the characters.
So here it goes..

------------------------------
SLEEPING AT LAST..

A small ball of light came to my vision. It was starting to grow bigger and bigger as if it was nearing me. I looked around to see anything else.

Darkness..

Pure Darkness..

And here was a ball..
It wasn't a ball of light, but a wave, that neared me. Coming from an unknown source, and trying to reach an unknown destination. I craned my head to see its source, but saw nothing but darkness, except for the fine silken vision stretching across. The wave was coming from infinity, I guess.
I turned to my right as the wave displaced itself to my right. The particles soon fell into place like a cloth of silk, forming a screen in front of me. It stretched so, surrounding me all over.
Everything cleared, right after a faint burst of light again, and there in front I saw a beautiful chapel, decorated in purple - white lilies and orchids, drapes of purple and white; windows spot clean as bright rays of sunshine shone in, seats draped on either sides with white and purple silk and a small flower bouquet pinned with the sloth, at every seat.

Men and women dressed in their best, kids giggling and pulling at each other's clothes and hair.
Gentlemen dressed in black suit and a white shirt, with a dinner jacket and small handkerchief sticking out their breast pocket. A bow tie or simple knot tie adorning their necks.
Ladies in flowing gowns and lovely dresses, some bright, some sober, some with hats, some with clutches big and fat. Some high-heeled and while some flat. Some were old, wrinkled, yet held beauty in their eyes and smile, some were young, beautiful and pretty, but very haughty. And some were... just... Beautiful.

Suddenly everything fell silent, the kids stopped playing around and stopped to turn and look at something behind them. The hushed voices of the elders soon faded away. They turned behind them and in walked a sober gentleman, clad in black suit and dinner jacket and tie. His head half bald, but his remaining hair combed back. And right beside him was a slender figure standing arm in arm with him, clad in one of the most beautiful wedding gowns in flowing white. Her laced gown was lined with silk as the lace corset hugged her upper body perfectly, while the puff sleeves, in silk, encased her delicate shoulders protectively and beautifully. The lace and silk played with each other as they flowed down to the length, giving it a delicate touch and vision like fine spider web.

Her face... it was a masterpiece made by HIM.

Eyes ever-so-gentle, does-shaped, whisked by delicate eyelashes and perfectly lined dark brown brows  and her iris coloured with ebony and dark as a raven. Her lids blinked to show off their fragility and the slight neutral shade powdered above and a fine line of black encasing her eyes both up and below like those of a bird. Her nose straight and curved at the tip, her cheeks somehow pale. Drained. And her lips curved to a sweet pout, coloured in natural pink and a touch of gloss.

Coming back to her eyes, they held...a kind of sadness, as she stepped forward with the gentleman by her side. Her father.

So today is her wedding...Khanak's Wedding.

*~*
*~*

Her face was clear of any emotion, except that of pain, agony, and a thoughtful one. She was thinking..

As she took every step nearer to the priest and her husband-to-be, she could feel herself, breaking away from him.
Shaan..
Her best friend, her confidante, her family, her First Love... and probably the Last--

I've waited a hundred years.
But I'd wait a million more for you.

Her eyes had a far away look as she remembered..

His smile, that brightened her life.
His eyes, that spoke millions even without words.
His nose, that held anger at its tip, but never for her.
His cheeks, that had turned red, when they had kissed.
His torso, that always emanated warmth whenever she sought it to pour out her inner feelings.
His laugh, that tingled her to no extent.
His voice, that dripped with honey and splashed her with waves of heat and excitement and also a wave of contentment on hearing it.
His hair, dark brown, thick, soft.
His arms, that enveloped her at all times, and that were always open for her to run into and to carry her.
His long limbs, that had run long distances just for her, even at the time of distress.
His soft hands, that caressed her, easing ever line of pain on her face and healing the wound.
His heart, so pure and so innocent, so different from what he portrayed to the world.
And..
His soul, that she had managed to touch, and which had managed to touch hers.

Slowly stepping forward to every beat of the song playing, she remembered..

Nothing prepared me for

Their first meeting at college. Their fights, that once hurt her so because he insulted her unknowingly.

An apologetic Shaan, apologising to a broken Khanak, who was remembering her hateful past. A broken voice, filled with remorse and pain, flowing out of her mouth as she shared it with him. A silent presence of his, somehow, easing it out of her and unburdening her. The flow of bitter tears soon subsiding as he held reassuringly in a hug that they both didn't know.

Then, their Friendship.
Time flowing easily with their easy friendship, going stronger and stronger, with every fight and make up, every smile and tear, every punch and hug, every fall and rise.

What the privilege of being yours would do.

Another step forward, and she remembered..

The certain uncertain feelings brewing in her, whenever she felt his presence. But that she put it aside, saying it was nothing, but excitement to be with him.
The last day at college, their first and last dance, that surfaced their unknown feelings that were somehow brewing in them, and making them struggle unconsciously.

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch,

The ambience in the air, as they swirled and waltzed smoothly in the one place they found peace and themselves.
The lake.

Essence.

A name that she herself had given to the beautiful lake for its pure beauty and innocence, and it's sweet ripples during Monsoon, as the droplets poured and dissolved into it. It's sweet fragrance that lingered in Spring, and its coolness during Summer, and its frozen body during Winter, letting them skate above without any hindrance.

They parted to lead their lives but still held onto each other daily.

If I had only seen how you smile when you blush,

Time passed by.

A sense of foreboding soon took place, their absence. A longing to meet each other.
A meeting happened, that brought forth their other relations and Life's turns.

Something broke in him. Something broke in her, as she heard something break in him.
They smiled and spoke nonetheless.
Her marriage was fixed and he was the first to know, for he was her Best Friend.
Preparations took place, making each other busier to even think about anything else, but the wedding, and those uncertain feelings.

Yes, they were still there.

Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough,

She wanted to call. He called. And decided to meet for the last time. A decision was made in their hearts, as they knew that somehow they had to ... HAD to let go, or it would..

A whole evening dedicated to each other. Reminiscing their beautiful memories of togetherness and laughing occasionally at all the funny memories, filling them with an unusual contentment after all these years.
A beautiful evening. One that each wanted to capture it forever and never let it end. But it had to..
Before leaving she asked for a last dance.
Swirling in the dimly lit place, bathing in the moonlight, their eyes suddenly shone brighter as ever, and they couldn't conceal it.
Their touch ignited an unknown fire, and they couldn't conceal it.
Holding the other in their arms, heated them up, clenched their guts, dried their throats, sent shivers down their whole body, and urge to..

I would have known what I was living for all along.

Without a second thought or it would be lost forever..

And They kissed. For the first time. That instantly broke down any other inhibitions, instantly gave birth to a new dream, a new heaven, that their souls found in each other.

Alas! An evening it was. What an evening!
A desire, a need flashed in each other's eyes, but they refrained and cursed themselves for getting carried away. Apologies were exchanged and awkwardness rose and tensed up the air, as they bid their Goodbyes!

Good byes... Why were there any? Why?
His parting words floated into her ears. His solemn face, full of pain, floated in front. Why was he in pain?

Right when she stepped onto the platform, to stand beside her husband-to-be..
"I Love You, Khanak! And I'm really Happy for You!"

Those three words were used at first, in college, but harmlessly in friendship. To express their gratitude and joy for each other.

But now... It seemed different. It didn't seem, it 'WAS' Different.

She looked back to see him, but he wasn't there. Her heart sank. She closed her eyes one last time, in front of Almighty and willed herself to think, and asked herself if that was what she wanted. If what was happening was what to happen. What is my Destiny? What is my Dream? What lies in my Heart? What am... Who am I?

Her father had once said, "It doesn't matter what others think about you. What matters is what you think about yourself. Always listen to your Heart."

Always listen to your Heart...

As every minute of her life replayed in her mind, she could see almost all of them related to one person that she somehow, felt familiar. The scenes that she herself had witnessed and experienced played along, filling her with warmth, and suddenly a burst of faint light wiped the scene. But it started to fade away. And a face came into the picture. The features deepened and started embedding themselves on the face, while with every embed, her heart sang, her lips curved to a smile, and her soul...Her soul was at last in bliss. Contented.
Shaan..

What I've been living for.

A wave of enlightenment splashed across her body, coursing through her veins and filling her with an energy, a strength, a will to make a decision..

A Decision, that would change everyone's lives, related to her.

Turning to her husband-to-be, she said, "I'm really Sorry! But I can't do this", as she shook her head. Stepping down the platform, turning to her father, who was standing in front of an already bewildered crowd, astonished at what she said.
"I Love Him, Dad!", exclaimed Khanak, to her father, and the turning to her husband-to-be, she said," I Love Him! I am really sorry! You don't Love me, but you Like me! And I Love Him!"
Giving the bouquet to her husband-to-be, and pulling out the veil that was pinned to her loosely knotted hair, she picked up her gown and reached the door of the church. Before she stepping out she turned to look at her beckoning father and smiled widely, and ran out the church, in search of her Heart..

In search of her Soul..
In search of Him..
Shaan..

Your love is my turning page,
Where only the sweetest words remain.

As she ran out the iron gates of the beautiful white church, her heart beat rapidly as she stepped nearer to him. Her hands clutched onto her gown tightly as she ran and her elbows stuck out as she lifted it to make way for her legs.
All her memories came rushing back to her, enlightening her how everything made sense now.
Those certain uncertain feelings were true and a sign that she loved him. She has always loved him. And she will do Forever.

Every kiss is a cursive line,
Every touch is a redefining phrase.

He sat there on the bench, looking far out into the lake, trying to bury the pain that his heart felt. The small ripples on the surface framed his Heart's agony. Just like it started in the centre and spread out to the rest of the molecules, the pain vibrated and spread across his whole body. He reminisced the kiss he had shared with her, a few days back after their dance. That evening was supposed to be the most memorable night and it was. It was supposed to be the Last time they would ever meet and it was. Hence his decision to not attend the wedding or he would spoil the memory of the Last moment With Her.
Tears flowed out his chocolate eyes, as every memory flashed in front, replayed and faded away to be treasured in his Mind's...no, Heart's Treasure Chest.
Those tears would be the last time they fell. So he let them fall.
A decision was made right after the memorable evening. He would be going away from this place. He would going away from Khanak. And never return.
He would be Gone... Forever...

I surrender who I've been for who you are,
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.

She ran across the bridge and the roads, startling the commoners. Stunning them with her actions as she hurried across the lanes. Alighting the doves from the ground to the skies, as she turned and dashed into them. At last.. here she was.
The lake.
She ran past the huge iron gates of the park and reached the green hues that stretched to yards in all directions. Her feet were aching with all the running in the heels, so she took them off and held them in one hand and she rested her feet on the ground.
And then, she stepped on the green hue, that were wet with dew, making her feet instantly cool in with the refreshing sense.

If I had only felt how it feels to be yours,

As he swallowed slowly, his tears slowly stopped flowing. He looked out far into the lake again, and breathed in deeply and for the last time breathed...
Khanak..
Her ears perked up as if she had heard someone calling her. She looked around and walked to all directions in search of him. She jogged to the trees and walked through the woody patch, with her eyes, ebony coloured, now somehow, stinging as she searched for him. Tears formed in her eyes as every attempt failed. She ran out to the Lake and looked around. No One.
She looked at the benches but saw no one occupying it. Not even a single sign of him.
Her heart crashed. Her soul sank, drained out of all energy.
Silent tears mixed with pain, and remorse flowed down her ebony coloured eyes, endlessly. Her Heart clenched hard, her lungs felt heavy, her limbs weak, and her mind dizzy.
She had lost him.
Lost Him..

Forever..

Well, I would have known what I've been living for all along.

The clouds darkened, greying the skies of white and eclipsing the Bright sun and closing in on Earth, as the lonely tears made their way out of the orbs. A dark cloud of pain eclipsed her already sunken heart, sinking it even further in the abyss of this never-ending darkness and hurt.
Tiny droplets made their way down to the green Earth and the blue Lake Essence, filling in the air a scent of freshness and low decibels of tip-tap of water droplets falling on the ground.
She breathed in deeply to loosen her lungs of the heavy burden, slumping her shoulders.

Pushing himself up to stand on his legs, which seemed unusually weak, he could hear his Heart crying out to him. No, I have to..

She breathed out, Shaan..

He turned and was about to step out when he heard a familiar voice calling him. He slowly lifted his eyes to see a very familiar slender figure, slumped by the shoulders, clad in lace white gown, and wavy hair let loose, just like he had seen always.

What I've been living for.

His breath hitched suddenly when his eyes registered the Beautiful Face, that he had decided to always treasure forever, was now right in front of him.

He breathed, Khanak..

She raised her head on hearing yet another voice, in this deafening silence. She turned to see a figure clad in black suit and a loose bow tie, just like she had seen always. As the droplets touched her face, they silently mixed with her tears, as if trying to wash away the pain.
A mixture of realisation, happiness, surprise, hurt, and contentment washed through them as they stood rooted to the spot drinking in each other's presence.

They were back in the same place.

Back to where they had started.

Back to where that had lead all this to be.

Lake Essence..

Their lips quivered as happy tears flood their eyes, while taking slow measured steps towards each other, fearing that it would be a dream. Was it possible? That they were so near.
They were so near, yet so far apart. The time spent apart from each other after college, had created so much distance, that even reality seemed like dream. And only memories of those Beautiful, fun-filled days could be remembered.

Could anything...Anything bridge that distance?

The distance between them closed in, soon. Their eyes held each other, mesmerised and accepting each other's presence.

Though we're tethered to the story we must tell,

Her hands slowly rose and slightly touched his jaw, his stubble brushing her tips, fearing that he would disappear again. But no he didn't move. He didn't disappear. He was here. He is here..

He closed his eyes, relishing her touch on his jaw. He gulped as he realised that she had touched him. Opening his eyes, he lifted his own hand and softly touched her pale cheek with his finger tips, with bated breath. But as realisation set in, he breathed out heavily, as his hands slid down to her neck, while his thumb caressed her cheek, softly. She is here..

When I saw you, well, I knew we'd tell it well.

A slow smile spread across their faces, as they felt each other.
Their touch again ignited the simmering fire in them, now filled with wanton and desire for the other. Their Heart beat rapidly against their ribs as they inched closer, while a grin spread across their faces and a small laugh escaped from their chords and lit their eyes.
But that laugh faded as they realised their proximity and that that their faces were just a breath away. Their eyes spoke volumes of what it had always spoken. Each saw the other's lips and back into the coloured orbs, silently speaking. And like it had been always, their lips met again.

With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas.

This time it was not the last. This time it was the beginning. It was Forever.
One hand of his wound around her waist, bringing her closer to him, while his other hand's fingers caressed her neck and jaw, as he smooched and tasted her. He kissed her with so much intensity and passion, than he felt her lean backwards, as he thrust his tongue in.
Her hands made their way up and slid through his dark brown hair, playing with them, as she kissed him, with same intensity and passion. Pushing him back, she let him taste her and then, thrust her tongue in to taste him again. As her tongue played with his, she breathed in his cologne, a signature of him, that she could never forget. It was him...all him..all Shaan..
His hand went up to feel her dark brown silky waves in his. They were loose just like he loved to see.
Droplets of water, pouring in on them, had wet their tresses and their whole body. Those cold droplets contrasted to the heated skin of theirs, as they sensuously trailed her curves and his contours. They slid down their figures, as they mixed with their tears, washing them away, before dropping down to mix with Earth.

Her lavender scent wafted into his nostrils along with the scent of Earth, as his lips played with hers, numbing his senses, making him only feel and just Feel.. He lifted her up from the ground, as he let her feather light weight rest on his body.

Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees.

At last, it was Him.. It was Her..
It was Them...

Their hearts rose again, overwhelmed with the uncertain feelings that now were very certain.. Love..
As they parted they could see the other's soul in them clearly, that each had touched for all these years, unknowingly. The promises were exchanged and made known to each other as they gazed to read the other's souls, while her body slowly slid down and her feet touched the ground.
The grey clouds cleared away, as the Bright Orange sun, peeped in through the clearing clouds, adoringly and happily, to then shine its rays of red and orange across the skies and on them.

The Storm had passed.
The Hurricane of Distress had passed.
The Tornado of Pain had passed.

A Halo formed around them, as she held him by his arms, while he wound his arms around her waist, bringing her even closer.
She lowered her head as she saw him leaning forward.
He craned his neck as she lowered her head and kissed her forehead, imprinting a promise to be together Forever and ever..
Their names had already been etched in the other's hearts and they knew that.

The Heaven of Happiness and Love had finally descended.
The distance had been bridged and they were at last standing together in the centre of it all. And their Souls stood their ready for the last and prime step of their Union to be bound to each other forever.

The Halo brightened and soon I could see the colours, the figures and the Earth whiten with its rays totally.
I felt myself being pulled back as I saw the scene going farther and farther away from me. I tried to reach out but in vain.
The scene appeared to dissolve. And as it turned to white, it suddenly converged and zoomed back to where it had come from, just like a wave.
My lids opened and my vision cleared slowly to see the sun peeping in through the shades. I swung my legs down, grabbed my dressing gown and walked to the balcony. As I drew the shades, I was greeted by a warm sunshine, shining gloriously in the sky and two faces smiling down at me, that I instantly recognised.

Shaan and Khanak..

I saw them dissolve slowly into the white clouds drifting ever-so-slowly about the sky, leaving behind a warm, gracious smile and a story to be told..

------------------------------

Would love to read your reviews on it!

Annie
Embarrassed

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

neethurosesangitasenguptaHarshIkaZaYaLucyLindaDewsnigdhanagarsharon18afiya.Miss.WahiansimikrRB81DiehardYMfan_CutieCute_Maneesha_ShanakThe_May_Rose

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Music Shot: Sleeping At Last.. (Take a peek)" in Rang Badalti Odhani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RB81

IF-Rockerz

RB81

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 8:09am | IP Logged
hei anniwe,
lovely..
i remember the days when saaz used to post the updates here we have interacted a few times..later u went gayab..n u were seen again now some time back..
its great to see ppl write..u have talent..
so do write more..i loved the way u wrote this..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PhoenixRadar

_CutieCute_

IF-Rockerz

_CutieCute_

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged
very well written loved it write more

PhoenixRadar

Yasharanrocks

IF-Rockerz

Yasharanrocks

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged
its nice...and yes plz do write more...Smile

PhoenixRadar

sangitasengupta

sangitasengupta

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Hi Annie!!!

This is pure poetryBig smile. Absolute silk!!! Your language is richness personified!!!

Do write more often!!!

PhoenixRadar

simikr

IF-Rockerz

simikr

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Annie dear!!! ClapClapClapClapClapClap

This is prose at it's best..simply beautiful and the music takes it to another level altogether.

Reminds me of the book ' Love in the time of Cholera' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. His lines still haunt me.

Refreshing to say the least!!

HugHeart

Simi

PhoenixRadar

afiya.

Goldie

afiya.

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
OMG Annie, this was brilliant!! Hug

Kudos to you, girl!! ClapClap Star

Seriously, perfection the the core. Every time I scrolled down, the grin on my dace just grew larger and larger! The funniest thing though, was that my Itunes playlist decided to play all the romantic lovey dovey songs at once, filling "It's a love story, baby just say YESSS <3" through my ears throughout the part where Khanak was running towards Shaan <3! LOL! The song you choose was beautiful, and it went perfectly with the words! Gosh, I loved Khanak while she walked down the aisle remembering every moment with Shaan, just so serene, and she realizes that Yes she does love him!! My favorite part was how Khanak ran out of the church, to confess her love, and how you described the atmosphere of when the two met, and how the commoners witnessed their love taking place. Ahhh it was soo beautiful! Ooh not to mention their adorable kiss, and the way he picked her up! Embarrassed You're killing me here! LOL I loved how the lake had a very significant importance to the story, and how they reunited there Big smile Okayy well now I guess I'm just blabbing on and onn, but Annie, you SO have to promise me, you'll write SO much more, and keep your talent coming. This piece was just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Heart. Lots of Love, and big hugs to you, girl!!

-Afiya Hug

Edited by Afiya - 13 March 2012 at 7:56pm

PhoenixRadar

PhoenixRadar

IF-Rockerz

PhoenixRadar

Posted: 13 March 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RB81

hei anniwe,
lovely..
i remember the days when saaz used to post the updates here we have interacted a few times..later u went gayab..n u were seen again now some time back..
its great to see ppl write..u have talent..
so do write more..i loved the way u wrote this..

Hey RB81,
Hahahah...LOLI know! We had interacted once or twice then in Katra Katra! God, I so loved that FF! But due to some reason saaaz, left I-F, and said that she'd be updating on another forum. I think she still does.
Gayab?! ROFLHeheheh... I didn't vanish, but just fell silent (not even hibernation, 'cause I would regularly read all FF updates)! But the active interaction, brought me back!! Star
Aww...Thank you so much!!Embarrassed
Uh...Confused by any chance is your name Ramsha? 'Cause I've seen you in LNMDJ, Shakuntala, DMG Forums too. I've come across a Youtube account named Rimzie too (don't remember the whole username), filled with huge collection of LNMDJ, Shakuntala, and DMG VMs and scenes from the respective shows.

Heheheh... Will definitely do, if time permits!!

Annie
Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top