Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Rahul Vaidya (Page 7)

racks Newbie
racks
racks

Posted: 08 May 2005 at 9:04am | IP Logged
snowflakes,
if som1 is rude and behaves like an ignorant fool then we have 2 fight.we have not posted rude things about your fav in their forums.

jdmgrh Newbie
jdmgrh
jdmgrh

Posted: 08 May 2005 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gamezone

[       I m sorry Racks if u felt bad. But I have no intention of fighting with u all. I have just expressed my opinion abt. Rahul Vaidya. I started hating him since the duet round. And that wont change even if he becomes best singer in the World. And the thing that Rahul lacks range is true & 1 cannot change the fact. He has always struggled in high pitched songs.

But there is a small diff. between Rahul Vaidya & Sonu Nigam. its that though Rahul Vaidya copies Sonu Nigam's voice & style, he would never b able to copy his Talent.

PLEAASEEEE . DONT TALK ABOUT RAHUL'S TALENT!!!Ouch  EVERY MUSICIAN< JUDGE, AND ANYONE WHO UNDERSTANDS MUSIC HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT RAHUL IS VERY TALENTED.....rahul is a teenager as he gets older he is just going to get better. Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal are at their peak only now and they are not 17 or 18.

and if u listen to rahul singing "rang de basanti" in round 6, you will not say that he lacks range. try singing that song....its high pitched and challenging to sing...just try...and even sonu nigam said that rahul had done a gr8 job with it.

having a POWERFUL voice and having RANGE is different, even Rafi, S . P .Balasubramanium or Suresh Wadker have a soft voice like Rahul but they have a GR8 range. So does Rahul. and wait till rahul is of amit sana's age.

Sukhwinder Singh has a powerful voice and also range. So did Ravinder Ravi. and amit sana would do well at Sukihwinder singh type of songs. the way rahul sang in rounds 7 & 8, amit or anybody else cannot even imagine singing those songs as well. in fact Rahul was more than perfect in those two Rafi songs.  

in american idol, a lot of people ahve made it on the basis of sympathy votes. and from what i hear, Ravinder Ravi and Amit Sana too made use of sympathy vote tactic, if i may use the word. Rahul NEVER got any sympathy votes or resort to similar 'moves' he was the most transparent, no hideous tactics. forget sana, even abhijeet was very diplomatic, then and now.

and to think of it, Rahul seems to emulate Suresh Wadker than Sonu Nigam. if sonu nigam sings 90 % of the good songs composed in recent times and songs which only rahul vaidya can hope to sing as well and do justice to ,  why blame him? he did what he was good at, and did a great job. idol's creator, Simon says time and again that the contestants should sing what they are good at. even amit sana sang a bunch of sonu nigam songs, for that matter. why single out rahul? and did you guys not hear waht sonu nigam said to farah khan about "emulating"  or "copying" as you call it, in round 7?

please listen to round 7 again...if i may quote Sonu "every singer idolizes someone and sings like his or her idol...even i used to copy rafi...but as rahul gets older he will develop his own style". and anyway, sonu nigam sings some of the best and challenging songs today, if a singer is not singing sonu nigam songs, he clearly avoiding good and difficult songs. and sonu nigam has a soft voice but a. r. rahman makes him sing some very difficult high pitched songs...

racks and sweety well done!Clap

Edited by jdmgrh - 08 May 2005 at 12:05pm
sweetys Groupbie
sweetys
sweetys

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 11:48am | IP Logged

thanks buddy..

Just a thought about that infamous cloning ..or copying thing. I think its all about who was born first. I mean, if rv had started his singing career in 1920s, we would have had sonu nigam idolizing him and probably mohd rafi being scolded by sonu in the Indian idol show !! but seriously, I am glad rv is born now, amongst my generation, so I can enjoy his presence to the fullest.Tongue

To have him as a legend is a good dream, but I would rather be a part of his struggles and successes now, than to listen to his voice on hmv cassettes as golden oldies! Just cant think of him as being old, though of course he will eventually! He'll be a cool old guy!LOL

p.s-listening to a cd dedicated to mohd rafi songs by sonu nigam. Not sung well at all, very disappointed. Was searching for but didn't find 'ehsaan tera hoga mujhpar' in it. Am sure rahul would have sung it much better.. got that song recorded on my cd. U remember that 'diiiil' the way rv sang it? I keep wondering why mohd rafi doesn't sing it, and then realize this is the original!

My mom is away in u.s right now.she couldn't recollect who rahul vaidya was amongst the lot..the one who looked like rahul dravid? She asked, no mom, that was abhijeet sawant. Rahul(he looks like my cousin amit who's the best looker in our family. Infact, I used to call abhijjet- rahul and rahul as amit vaidya for a long time) is the one who sang 'ehsaan..'

'oh! The cute one!!' She said…Tongue

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Keep dreaming guys........LOL
vcool Goldie
vcool
vcool

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:36am | IP Logged
i dunno wat the big deal is..... i think it was rahuls choice of song that got him voted out.........not his attitude, if it was his attitude than he wudnt have come this far, its the same thing which happened to aditi and rahul s.........similarly saying that abhijeet won coz of looks is wrong to becoz as long as he was singing badly he was coming in the bottom and was abt 2 be voted out.................wats the diff, whoever was the judges fav has sung for movies ex. amit, rahul s, rahul v and prajakta.... isnt this wat everyone was aiming for..........so wats this big fuss ? only fate will tell wat will happen to all of these contestants ,soon we'll get new ones so they'll be a lot of competition , and infact only a few of these will actually survive only time will tell which ones!
sweetys Groupbie
sweetys
sweetys

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 7:55am | IP Logged
dreaming is the first step to achieving!!Clap
racks Newbie
racks
racks

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 10:41am | IP Logged
well said sweety Clap
sweetys Groupbie
sweetys