India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Rahul Vaidya (Page 16)

jdmgrh Newbie
jdmgrh
jdmgrh

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 12:01am | IP Logged
hey did u guys realize that Sana fans no longer protest here? thanks everyone again for being understanding....

the other supposed indian idol forum is completely dominated by sana fans, little discussion possible on anyone else, even abhijeet.

vaidya is out of question, dont even mention his name there. Tongue

oh before decides pounces on me TongueTongueTongue let me add that i think sana has a great voice, well trained and powerful......good replacement for sukhwinder singh and  he is best in songs like chaiyya chaiyya or kisna hai. vaidya really had no reason to sing chaiyya...sana would defintely have done a better job on that.

how come there is no new updates on vaidya? heard all the guys are busy, but with what? how come so little news?

sweetys Groupbie
sweetys
sweetys

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 6:45am | IP Logged

hi

dont know! wish we knew him better and were closer!

dont know if this is true, but rahul may appear in an ad with the big B! Saw this tiny news in an obscure marathi paper in passing...

i hope he is concentrating on his studies and his riyaaz too.

will definitely go for the 29th show.

sweetys Groupbie
sweetys
sweetys

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 7:04am | IP Logged
hi
dont know about u, but i think the sooner he gets over his hero worship of sonu nigam, the better for him.
in fact, he had a better chance of winning if he hadnt sung so many of sonu's songs.once he made his point that he sings as well if not better, he ought to have surprised us more often with variety. i know the past is a breeding ground for regret..and its easy to say that he will still do better in life inspite of losing out. but somehow, i wanted him to get the car and the bike and his music room and the switzerland trip and the 1 million and everything nice and bright in life..
sweetys Groupbie
sweetys
sweetys

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:28am | IP Logged
hi fellows
heard on radio..mtv will telecast a programme featuring all 5 finalists on june 18/jun19..
njoy!!
as for me , the other 4 are redundant..will be tuning in for only one of them!!
sweetys Groupbie
sweetys
sweetys

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:34am | IP Logged

caught an old interview of sonu on 'coverstory'. long before I-I.
he had started his struggle at the age of 18. he was rejected by a
lot of people. u know why? 'too young..too goodlooking'!! but sonu said
he persisted bcos' he knew completely what he was capable of'....
now dont all those things remind u of a certain someone??

but he said he got over it by listening got a lot of george michael etc and changing his style completely,adding a lot of yoodling to his pristine voice....

shabanaz Groupbie
shabanaz
shabanaz

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetys

'too young..too goodlooking'!! but sonu said
he persisted bcos' he knew completely what he was capable of'....
now dont all those things remind u of a certain someone??

yeah..... it reminds me of Prajakta Shukre

Vaidya Crazy Groupbie
Vaidya Crazy
Vaidya Crazy

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

thanx a lot jdmgrh... i guess ur friend uploaded gala 6-10 in coolgoose...Smile

jdmgrh Newbie
jdmgrh
jdmgrh

Posted: 24 May 2005 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Ok np...here is somethin...

Idol finalists back on stage

By: Haem Roy
   May 23, 2005

thelist@mid-day.com
WE WILL ROCK YOU! Amit Sana. Prajakta Shukre, Abhijeet Sawant and Rahul Vaidya
Indian Idol may long be over, but the show's finalists are sure making waves across the country.

While Abhijeet Sawant has already come out with his debut album and is now making his foray into playback, Rahul Vaidya is doing playback singing for a number of films too. Amit Sana and Prajakta Shukre too have their fair share of offers and are slowly climbing their way up the music industry ladder.

For all those who thought that the journey for the finalists ended with the conclusion of Indian idol, here's some great news.

MTV hosted an exclusive music session with Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant along with Prajakta Shukre, Amit Sana and Rahul Vaidya on Friday, May 20.

This show was organised as part of their show MTV Sessions. All four singers belted a series of hit numbers.

The show was kickstarted by Indian Idol Abhijeet serenading the audience with his hit track Mohabbatein Lutaunga.

The trio of Prajakta Shukre, Amit Sana and Rahul Vaidya gave a heart-warming performance with the haunting Pal and Ek Jahan.

Some other popular songs that were sung were Yaaron Chalo, Lafzon Mein, Jaana Zindagi Hai, Tauba Tauba, Woh Lamhe, Kal Ho Na Ho and Dum Maaro Dum.

The concert will premier on MTV on June 18 at 12 noon and will have a repeat telecast on June 19 at 6.30 pm and on June 26 at 10 am.

thelist@mid-day.com

MTV Sessions

Similar in concept to MTV Unplugged, Sessions includes live shows where artists perform for an audience of around 300. The objective of MTV Sessions is to provide a platform for budding artists and musicians.

Such concerts are held every month or two depending on the number of artists that hit the market and the potential they have.

The audience at the concerts consists of MTV clients and people who can be instrumental in exploring the talent of the artists. Artists like Rabbi Shergill, Strings, Fuzon, Bikram Ghosh have performed at previous sessions.

Go to top