Rani for obvious , she is not limited to one area 
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
it just disappeared. weird 
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow this poll was about kareena and preity. how did it turned into rani? this place is hunted. weird things are happening. 
Rani is one actress I feel is very consistent in terms of her acting prowess. She maybe inconsistent when it comes to giving hits or staying in the limelight, but her acting - that is regardless of the movie - was quite decent in pretty much everything I have seen.

Her filmography maybe cluttered with craps, but baring two-three flicks here and there, I have almost always found her standing out regardless the quality of the movie. Her acting is hardly ever over-the-top, or below the role's potential. Had she not taken the 'safe' route of doing the same roles for the same production house, she would probably still be ruling the roost.

Kareena has probably had better roles, but we should remember she has the advantage of being surrounded by better filmmakers and directors of today's era (who also does well commercially). When Rani worked with good directors like Mani Ratnam, Kamal Haasan, even Yash Chopra, she managed to give very memorable performances in Yuva, Hey Ram and Veer-Zaara.

But Kareena is a good actress too. Rani and her were never competitors (despite debuting and being of similar time/age). And they are not from the same 'era' either - Rani was like an actress from the YRF/KJo candyfloss era, while Kareena is more like 'girtty-realistic' Bollywood era's heroine, so the comparison is not really fair. The types of roles, films, media hype et al they receive is so different. Rani just resurrected herself from the dead, so let's see how she carries herself now, and then we can have a better comparison.

Originally posted by: desigal90

Never thought I'd say this, but I've had enough of Kareena threads on IF. Discuss someone else for a change! 😆

Yeah, I have always been a semi-Kareena fan, but this overexposure is getting nauseating. 😆 I remember disliking PC circa 2008-10 for this reason alone. Don't turn me against Kareena either, so yeah, DISCUSS SOMEONE ELSE FOR A CHANGE!!! 😆
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sheee

wow this poll was about kareena and preity. how did it turned into rani? this place is hunted. weird things are happening. 

She made two polls. Part 1 and part 2 (and probably a part 3 and 4 as well by now). You are probably in the wrong place. 😆
Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Why are you even comparing Miss Spoilt Brat to an actress like Rani?😕

Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: sheee

😆😆
Both of them have their share of strong & weak points

Rani sucked in movies like BnB,DBH..I dont think she has good comic timing or natural flare to play bubbly,crazy entertaining characters..Dont think she cud've done justice to a character like Geet in JWM..She was OTT and overrated in NOKJ imo.In the same way I dont think Kareena could've portrayed Rani's role in Black flawlessly,Also she is very inconsistent as an actress..

But i will choose Kareena cuz she was very likeable once upon a time when she did movies like refugee,omkara,yuva,jwm,kurbaan,3I:)

Rani is the better actress.
wait is Kareena a actress?? to me she is just another rich child who is there just cuz of the Kapoor name, lets be honest  if her name was Kareena sharma or yashpal or any other regular name with out the Kapoor connection she will be probably making item songs like  rakhi sawan lolz
that s why i love to see real actors like VIDYA ,KONKONA.

Edited by karaan10 - 12 years ago
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Rani no doubt, even in her sillier films she had a knack for getting across her natural ability to emote. She was always quite good on the screen, much better than her competition.