Posted: 17 years ago
ok so what went wrong this time??
delilah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ammus

sara good job 👏 thanku for starting this thread!! 😳

thanks ammu and u are welcome too

just wish that more and more people will join and be regular here!!

Ammus thumbnail
We can win the last two ODIs: Dravid

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Source: PTI
Image Source: AFP

Mumbai: Indian captain Rahul Dravid has exhorted the lower order batsmen to come good and promised the team would bounce back to win the last two ODIs and take the five-match series against the West Indies.

"We need to get more runs from the lower order but we will comeback. The batsmen are getting used to the slow wickets and will get better," Dravid said after India's four-wicket loss in the third one-dayer on Tuesday.

"We can win the next two matches. The one positive in this series has been that all three matches have been close and we have not played anywhere near our best.

"I am pretty confident that we can do it" in the remaining two matches at Trinidad on Friday and Sunday, he said.

Dravid blamed the batsmen for the defeat at Warner Park.

"The last 15 (which produced only 42 runs) cost us really. We played really badly and the three run outs were critical," he said.
delilah thumbnail

ok so what went wrong this time??

Rahul got out for a duck in the very first over....Raina cam in and went after makin 26 runs...

Sehwag played brilliantly and hit many fours and sixes to make 96 runs and Kaif made 62 runs or sumthing...

then Viru got out.....Dhoni came in and got run out....and so did Kaif (I cant believe that Kaif of all the ppl got run out)....

the rest of the batsmen also paid short visits to the crease and departed..

when Sehwag was playing i thought we would get more that 300+ runs....but we ended with 245/9l....which was simply not enough!!

at one stage we were 211/3 and ended at 245/9....so u can imagine how we played

Ramnaresh Sarwan madea great 115 to lead WI to a victory!

BTW,Yuvi didnt play yesterday...........😭

Ammus thumbnail
thanks for the update!!I Know India will bounce back!!
delilah thumbnail

We can win the last two ODIs: Dravid

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Source: PTI
Image Source: AFP

Mumbai: Indian captain Rahul Dravid has exhorted the lower order batsmen to come good and promised the team would bounce back to win the last two ODIs and take the five-match series against the West Indies.

"We need to get more runs from the lower order but we will comeback. The batsmen are getting used to the slow wickets and will get better," Dravid said after India's four-wicket loss in the third one-dayer on Tuesday.

"We can win the next two matches. The one positive in this series has been that all three matches have been close and we have not played anywhere near our best.

"I am pretty confident that we can do it" in the remaining two matches at Trinidad on Friday and Sunday, he said.

Dravid blamed the batsmen for the defeat at Warner Park.

"The last 15 (which produced only 42 runs) cost us really. We played really badly and the three run outs were critical," he said.

he seems to have conveniently forgotten that he got out for a duck......with the Wall returning back to the pavilion wihtout scoring a single run ...and Sachin& yuvraj being absent from the team...

Dravid's going out was IRRESPONSIBLE.....a rarity from him but still he was irresponsible.

swt.smileee thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Tendulkar to miss West Indies tour

Sachin Tendulkar has ruled himself out of India's tour to the West Indies after deciding not to undergo a scheduled fitness test in Mumbai this morning. Tendulkar, who had been operated on for a shoulder tear in the last week of March, had been training hard to regain playing fitness in order to make it to the Test squad which will be announced tomorrow.

However, the much-anticipated fitness test, scheduled to be conducted under the supervision of Andrew Leipus, the former physiotherapist to the Indian team who has been overseeing Tendulkar's rehabilitation process, did not take place, and Tendulkar infomed the Indian board that he should not be considered for selection.

Speaking to reporters, Tendulkar said, "We have been trying hard. Andrew Leipus has been with me all the time and all my sessions were monitored. There is weakness in my arm. I am not still ready to compete at the international level. I will be going to London for further treatment."

Leipus told Cricinfo (click here to listen to him on Cricinfo Audio) that Tendulkar was desperate to get back but was also aware of the risks of a premature move. "I don't think there was any doubt that he wanted to get back and play and that is a very strong driving force - that desire to get back is pretty motivating factor in terms of the lengths of recovery. If you are very positive to getting back as quickly as possible then you will get back as quickly possible. You'll get back quicker than someone who is very negative or very scared about moving.

"So in that respect he has done very, very well to get where he is in such a short period of time. At this stage, though, he just functionally doesn't have that strength to be comfortable about playing all his shots. He understands that his focus isn't completely on what the bowler is doing, there are other issues at the back of his mind, which means that the rehabilitation process hasn't been completed yet."

Tendulkar was unsure about how long the treatment is likely to take, or indeed when he will regain full fitness. When asked, he said "It's a difficult question. I don't know. I leave it to the doctors to guide me in the right direction. The doctor will be in touch with the board." Tendulkar will leave for London tonight to consult with Andrew Wallace, the doctor who operated on his shoulder.

Leipus said that Tendulkar needed to rest and recuperate, instead of over-exerting himself with training. "Primarily the decision has been based on functional weakness, not on performance basis. We don't want him to do any further damage to his shoulder. We are looking at the big picture of his career. Recovery is important. He can't just keep training - he has to rest in order to get his body stronger."

He also revealed that the decision was a joint one. "A player's opinion is critical, so it was a joint decision. He understood that he wasn't quite comfortable in what he was doing in the nets and I just supported that by what I saw in the gym and functionally in the other tests I did with him. It was a tough decision from a point of the view of keeping the player away from play but it was an easy decision to make in terms of physical assessment," Leipus said.

Niranjan Shah, the BCCI secretary, said that the board was keen to have Tendulkar in the team as soon as possible and his rehabilitation process will be reviewed in two to three weeks time by the team management.

Tendulkar's shoulder ruled him out of the recent ODI series against England and is a further blow in what has been an injury-plagued period in his career; the problem comes on the back of a tennis elbow he suffered last season. The injuries have been compounded by a relative lack of success on the field.

Meanwhile, Wasim Jaffer, the Indian opener who made his comeback in the series against England, is available for selection after he passed a fitness test following a shin surgery. "We looked at it [Jaffer's fitness test] from the point of view of his legs and he is fit," Leipus said. "He was slightly out of breath today because he is recovering from viral fever." Jaffer, who scored his first Test hundred at Nagpur against England in March this year, is likey to be selected as opener, ahead of the inexperienced Robin Uthappa. The tour to West Indies will be Jaffer's second, having played there in 2002 under Sourav Ganguly's captaincy.

The four-Test series begins in Antigua on June 2.
Ammus thumbnail
ya dravid should have scored but I think run outs were the real reason!I saw Kaif's run out!he was pretty disappointed throwing away his glows!!I hope team India would learn from mistakes and yuvi should make a comeback

what about bowling department??
sanril thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Iwould the say the entire cause for yesterday's loss was the inclusion of venugopal rao.. 😡 he's sucha waste n i really can't fathom the reason for his inclusion ito the team. 🤢 God, he wasted lotta balls during the slog overs where he shud be hitting to boost the rr. instead that idiot brought the rr down. 😡 😡. Dada wud've been better in his place.

u can,t blame Dravid,cause he can't be scoring all the time, once in a while, great batsmen fail to score.
irfan pathan shud try n improve his pace, he looks more like a slow left arm bowler than a medium pacer.

Kaifu shud try n score runs at a faster pace. now that he's back to form, he shud try n score  faster.

Also, the Indians have taken the Windies lightly n thats y we witnessed 3 closed fought matches n ended in losing 2.
Come on Team India, don't be complacent.Bounce back!!! we want a series win here!! 😃 Edited by sanril - 17 years ago
sanril thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sara, this info is for u:

Dhoni eyes chance of return to top spot in LG ICC Player Rankings

India's Mahendra Singh Dhoni will start his side's upcoming series against the West Indies within touching distance of regaining top spot in the LG ICC Player Rankings for ODI batsmen.

Dhoni held it briefly after his side's most recent action, the two-match series against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi last month, but was then overtaken by Adam Gilchrist following Australia's three-match clash with Bangladesh.

But despite slipping one place down the table, Dhoni is only three rating points behind Gilchrist and if he maintains his recent high level of performances when he faces Brian Lara's side, that should be enough to return him to the number one position