Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
FK said..."Pakistan was made in the name of Islam but look how the Muslims here are killing one another. Have you ever heard of a Hindu killing a Muslim in the secular state of India?" He was quoted as saying by the Pakistani media.

I agree with most of you guys. It's too much when someone from India visit Pakistan (not to mention public figure), and give such statements after being aware of delicate situation between India and Pakistan. I have not heard this news or read about it in Indian daily, so my comments are based on what is posted in this thread.

I agree with MNMS to an extend that any Indian going to Pakistan adn giving such statements in public (where media is there) is just not acceptable. I am still wondering if he came back without any injury....really πŸ˜†. I mean, how dumb you could be? I don't care how much IQ he has, what weired clothes he wears, but he "should" be responsible enough to go to neighbouring country and not make such remarks against their people and anything related to community.

sowmyaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: MNMS

We highly regard our guests (e.g. Ask the Sikh community members who came for pilgrimage in Pakistan..We provided as much facilities as we could..any country will do that)..

I saw this movie couple weeks ago "Khamosh Pani- Silent Waters"....which also show about what you just wrote above. Interesting movie about a woman who have spend her entire life in this muslim village in Pakistan. They also show this sikh community coming to pilgrimage in Pakistan and how villagers offer them food, water, shelter etc. and how some politically driven youth oppose them and try to shed them away from their village and don't like villagers helping them.

This was first time I saw some other religion being tolerated in Pakistan other than Muslim. I have seen Muslim being tolerated in India and living their life just like normal Hindu indian would, but this was first time someone made a movie where they have exposed Sikh community in Pakistan. Interesting. I would like to see/read/learn more about it.Edited by sowmyaa - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
Sowmyaa di...Wht i know abt my country is.. that there is quite large Hindu community in Sindh province practising their religious activities very easily..like Muslims do.. and i have seen a documentary on them ... and along with that Hindu community is Majorly involved in Business activities in particular developed cities of pakistan... and this is something i saw on media.. We have Hindu members in the chamber of commerce in different commercial cities of Pakistan..😊..So Pakistan is no different from any other country in this repect.

Wht u wrote abt the movie and the youngsters in them.. well i think that is not a particular case with pakistan.. it can be applied anywhere where some people are made "Narrow minded" by exploiting their burning issues through politics by politicians for their own gains.. I am talking abt the Majority of local normal people welcoming Indians.. whether they are Hindus, or sikhs or belonging to any other religion and which u mentioned too..

I don't have much information abt the different communities as i don't live in Pakistan.. Wht i know is that the "Kailasha Community" is very well known community in Pakistan which represents its unique and rich culture in different countries like Greece through our Cultural shows.. I have seen them on media.. They are living in Pakistan freely like any other Pakistani Muslim person..There social workers are very active in different parts of the country..Even Sowmyaa di i would like to learn more...πŸ˜ƒ

BTW dazling flower..U gave a brilliant example of British invasion and hence cleared my point tooπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘