Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

TV actors now rule the overseas stage

-Nadii- thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Aamna Shariff of Kahiin To Hoga:
I have performed with some Bollywood actors. As soon as we reach the airport, we need at least six to seven security guards as the crowd is uncontrollable. In Mumbai, people have already seen their favourite stars, so the craze is not that much. It feels nice to see all those fans. The money is very good for these shows.

Rohit Roy of Virasaat (coming soon on Star Plus):
I have been doing stage shows abroad and am quite comfortable doing them because I love dancing. I have performed in various countries. The audiences have seen us on television and they think we cannot dance because they have not seen us doing so on screen. After Nach Baliye, the trend has been moving faster. While the money earned is quite good through these shows, the response is tremendous.

Mona Singh of Jassi Jaise Koi Nahin:
Fans go completely crazy when they see TV stars live in their countries. We have more fans abroad than in India. Generally, I don't dance. But I get invited to host a show or make a public appearance. I also talk about Armaan sir and make them laugh. I think the craze for television artistes is more than filmstars because audiences watch TV stars daily. Today TV stars are loved just as much as filmstars are.

Sangeeta Ghosh of Virasaat (coming soon on Star Plus):
I have performed at the Maldives and the UK carnival where I was called for. I have been getting regular calls from across the globe, but I don't go very often because of my schedule. Television stars being called for stage shows, indicates how popular they are. The money is also good and that's why TV artistes take up those assignments.

Rajeev Khandelwal of Deal Ya No Deal:
I did a show in Maldives where I had a solo performance. The response was overwhelming. I never expected TV stars to be as famous as filmstars. I was supposed to make a 20-minute appearance but I ended up staying on for almost two hours. I saw my photographs everywhere and many people also clicked photographs with me. I performed twice in Maldives within six months. I felt like a filmstar there. The response in Dubai was also the same.

Karishma Tanna of Paalkhi fame:
I have done a dandiya show and the response was amazing. The dandiya performance was totally different from the ones you see in India. I have not seen Indians playing dandiya the way those firangs did. They were dressed in chaniya cholis for the occasion and only Gujarati songs were played. This was my first show and I really enjoyed it. It was just like a paid holiday and the money you get is also

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mohsin thumbnail
thx for dis info.... 👏 😳
rajeevzluvr thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail