Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Saubhagyavati Bhava for a cause

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Mar 9, 2012, 01.14PM IST
Read More:women|spread|Saubhagyavati Bhava|Life Ok
Saubhagyavati Bhava for a cause
Still from the show

Life OK's Saubhagyavati Bhava highlights the plight of women who experience domestic violence through the story of Jhanvi, a newly wed middle-class homemaker.

Her husband Viraj suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) and the character is surprisingly both, abusive and charming at once, leaving Jhanvi physically, mentally and emotionally tortured.

To get the message across and beyond the small screen and to help alleviate the pain of women suffering this torture in everyday life, the channel has tied up with Breakthrough's Bell Bajao initiative. The 360-degree campaign encourages men to be catalysts in bringing down cases of domestic violence.

As part of this tie-up, Life Ok and Bell Bajao will jointly host 'awareness camps' to educate people about domestic violence and its impact on society. The channel will also train people from diverse backgrounds and communities to convey knowledge, share ideas and to reshape individuals. The footprint of this initiative is spread across seven districts in Uttar Pradesh and five districts in Delhi and Karnataka.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RoyalLEO_Krrish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
VERY Good!! I think i have read this somewhere else too..but thanks for sharing it Tanu! it's indeed good information and offcourse giving back to society by means of media..educate ppl about it and making them aware of it is firstly needed and then comes the Law enforcement part. Glad to see that they are covering UP, Delhi and Karnataka. It's a start..it can grow more n more with more ppl contributions and being together to fight with Domestic Violence. I hope more ppl join this cause and India can be safe country to live both for men and women. 😊