Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Shivaji Satam on playing ACP Pradyuman

14 years and still going strong. What keeps you attached to CID?

(Laughs) It's become a part of my life. The serial, the concept, the cast –– everything is so endearing that I can't live without them. Also, there is a certain pride in playing the role and I say this with humility. Since I hail from Marathi theatre, I try different ways to make the character interesting by slightly modulating my voice. The best part of it is that it's a wholesome serial that four generations in a family can sit together and watch.

What do you love about the serial?

The fact that despite being fictional, it is as real as possible. The characters of ACP Pradyuman, Daya and Abhijeet are credible. They are not handsome, they display no softness in their characters and are plain no-nonsense cops going about their jobs of solving the cases. The three of us are good friends and the chemistry shows on screen.

Which has been your toughest case so far?

The cases are all nothing but fantasy, but the one case that I found challenging was ACP Pradyuman killing his own son who has gone astray. Despite all his efforts, Pradyuman is unable to reform his son who has taken to drug distribution and indulges in anti-national activities. In the end, he kills him in the line of duty. However the next moment he collapses on his son's dead body and cries his heart out, like a father. Then, there was a time where I lose my eyesight for six episodes. It was challenging. In one series, I get to play unbelievable interesting shades, which is quite rare on TV.

Candidly, have you ever broken rules and got away from cops because of the popularity of your character?

(Smiles) Yes, there have been a few instances when my driver has jumped the signal and cops have stopped us. However, as soon as they see me, they smile and let us go without a fine. That's because they feel CID projects the cops in a good light. That doesn't mean I deliberately break rules though!

Are kids your biggest fans?

They do love me but I don't know if they are my biggest fans. At traffic signals, when urchins see me they insist that I roll down my window, not to give money but just to shake hands with them. These include boys who sell books too. Not only in India, the serial and I get a lot of love from Pakistanis and foreigners of Indian origin too.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

hin_saDemonStarshreelaSoniya..ShapathDreamyDeepz28mallikaBaluSuneel_kumaranonymous7rukhsar.crazyvisromneemedebasree04

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A solid case -- ACP Pradyuman" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

The fact that despite being fictional, it is as real as possible. The characters of ACP Pradyuman, Daya and Abhijeet are credible. They are not handsome, they display no softness in their characters and are plain no-nonsense cops going about their jobs of solving the cases. The three of us are good friends and the chemistry shows on screen.

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Sir!!!!!!!! Please...don't say this!!!!!!!

If the 2 men here are not handsome,  what is the definition of 'handsome'? someone please explain. Should I get my eyes checked?

Edited by visrom - 08 March 2012 at 11:52pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sakshyaBhavanabrukhsar.crazydebasree04Roopal_TiaRa

-Mansi

IF-Dazzler

-Mansi

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

i am also surprised...why did he say so? Did he mean to say something else?

DreamyDeepz28

IF-Dazzler

DreamyDeepz28

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
May be Shivaji Sir meant to say there are more handsome people around or  was simply... telling that they are not handsome...

deepika102

IF-Sizzlerz

deepika102

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 1:09am | IP Logged
handsome has another meaning...It also is used in the context of the word "liberal" or "generous"...maybe Satam sir used the word handsome in that context implying that the cops Daya and Abhijeet are tough and no nonsense kind...

Just my POV...not trying to defend or morph Satam sir's wordings...

Edited by deepiika - 09 March 2012 at 1:24am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Bhavanabrukhsar.crazydebasree04Roopal_TiaRa

-Mansi

IF-Dazzler

-Mansi

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by deepiika

handsome has another meaning...It also is used in the context of the word "liberal" or "generous"...maybe Satam sir used the word handsome in that context implying that the cops Daya and Abhijeet are tough and no nonsense kind...Wink
i was expecting such response from you, that is why i instantly smsed you that you misht tell some another meaning of handsome word. i agree with you fully that is why i wrote " did he mean to say something else"
i am satisfied with you answerWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

debasree04

deepika102

IF-Sizzlerz

deepika102

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged
I am no lexicon contrary to popular but misleading belief on this forum...the very common term  "handsome salary" just popped into my mind...anyway, I think Satam sir said it without any particular emphasis on anything...Tongue...God alone knows what he meant because am quite sure that even Satam sir by now, has forgotten what he had said and in what context...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

BhavanabmallikaBalurukhsar.crazyvisromdebasree04Roopal_TiaRa

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged
No just leave it...when I first read it, I was shocked..then tried to explain his words to myself the same way as how I explain some confusing episodes to myself.

He probably meant that...the cops Daya and  Abhijeet in the serial are not famous because of their looks, but because of their brave deeds and sharp minds. Looks are secondary and are not focussed upon in the show - that's probably what he meant.

The actors are 2 of the most handsome men on TV - that's for fans to admire but not to the lady actors on the show. (barring very few exceptions)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DreamyDeepz28rukhsar.crazydebasree04

Post Reply New Post

Go to top